View Poll Results: Tonight's Player of the Game goes to...

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul George

43 32.33%
  • Roy Hibbert

54 40.60%
  • Lance Stephenson

36 27.07%
  • Someone else

0 0%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 10/29/13

Default Re: Pacers/Magic Postgame Thread 10/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just like the fact he is strong with the ball such as difference from DJ different styles.

I watched a few of the friendly Hibbert played in on FIBA Americas stream back in the day. I played in a better gym in middle school than some of those America's tourneys.

I am ok with Nic killing us. I will live with him shooting 3s instead of giving Vuc and Harkless layups. If Harkless could shoot he would have special potential. His shot is just so bad kid has a long way to go, but I love the way he plays.

Nicholson was a player I liked in the 012 draft who I was hoping would slip to the Pacers at #26 but unfortunately that didn't happen. He was starting over McBob last year as a rookie when Glen Davis got injured. He's one of those players I will keep an eye on this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
    Yeah the booing of Moore had no base to me. I cheered a bit for both when they came in, but nothing the rest of the night.
    Hell yes. I'm an IU fan but I'm also a fan of Indiana kids. Booing of Etwaun was from idiot, young IU students who drove to see Victor. A lot of us cheered for Moore but oh well, Duke fans would have booed a UNC player at a Charlotte game too.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:

We should have a poll to see which Pacer we think will get a triple double first this season. PG, West, Lance and Hibbs all have the ability to get triple doubles. My money is on Lance.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post

I think overall we didn't play that great of a game, but we were just more talented and more disciplined.

That in a nutshell, but it was the 1st game of the season and the win was GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    You think so? I'll take the over. They won't be great... heck, they won't even be good. But they've got some firepower, and I can see them winning more than 20 games.

Couldn't agree more that they will win more than 20 games this season. They look to have the makings of a nice young team.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

sweet. now about that next broadcast rights deal Fox...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I didn't really care about the Oladipo cheering. Obviously they would at his first check in, nothing wrong with that at all. I was surprised how audible the cheer was for his first basket, but meh, first NBA points, I get it. I'll probably do the same if/when Hummel scores whenever Minnesota comes to town.

But booing E'Twaun pissed me right the **** off. That's classless. Screw the kid that made the NBA and is actually from Indiana because he went to a school you don't like, right?
    If Purdue had a fanbase 1/100th as passionate and devoted as IU's, then they would have been at the game to cheer Moore.

I see a lot of belly aching and jealousy in this thread because IU has the strongest fanbase in the state. What is stopping Purdue fans from showing up to the game?
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 10-30-2013 at 11:46 AM.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    If Purdue had a fanbase 1/100th as passionate and devoted as IU's, then they would have been at the game to cheer Moore.

I see a lot of belly aching and jealousy that IU has the strongest fanbase in the state. Deal with it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Considering that Purdue fans scream IU sucks at games where IU is not even involved they have no credibility to lecture on classy behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    We're still talking about Oladipo? Honestly, is anyone even the least bit surprised that he would get an ovation like that?

Not in the least being an IU player, and the mentality of IU fans. Personally, I feel embarrassed for Herb, Bird, and the Pacers organization.

Indiana native Gordon H. who takes Butler to the NCAA championship game only gets a nice ovation. Yeah, 2 years in a row Butler plays in the NCAA championship game means nothing compared to IU's sweet 16 appearance with Victor O. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

sweet. now about that next broadcast rights deal Fox...
    Most important stat of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Not in the least being an IU player, and the mentality of IU fans. Personally, I feel embarrassed for Herb, Bird, and the Pacers organization.

Indiana native Gordon H. who takes Butler to the NCAA championship game only gets a nice ovation. Yeah, 2 years in a row Butler plays in the NCAA championship game means nothing compared to IU's sweet 16 appearance with Victor O. SMH
    Embarrassed? Please.

Why the anger? It's because IU has a far bigger and better fanbase than little 'ol Butler and that will always be the case.

It is sickening the deep seated jealousy and hatred of IU by some people on this board. Just because your school's fanbase sucks is no reason to dislike the loyalty of IU fans.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I see a lot of belly aching and jealousy in this thread because IU has the strongest fanbase in the state. What is stopping Purdue fans from showing up to the game?

Holy High Horse, Batman.

And in regards to people leaving, I've never had a problem with it when a game's virtually decided, I just wish those who do leave early are smart about it. Wait for a dead ball/timeout. And for God's sake, move with some purpose so you get out of my way. Don't stand up, stretch, scratch yourself, give out a big "WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!", turn around, grab your coat, put one arm in, all of a sudden forget your basic motor skills, have a conversation, start reaching for the 35 different bags you brought to the game for some unknown reason, finally put the OTHER arm in the coat, take one lasting look at the court for good measure, and finally start to leave the isle. Again, just move with some purpose. Please?

Too extreme? Maybe. But damn, it sure feels like it at times.
    Last edited by Day-V; 10-30-2013 at 12:06 PM.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So it's classy to boo a player two years removed from Purdue because you have a bigger fanbase?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Considering that Purdue fans scream IU sucks at games where IU is not even involved they have no credibility to lecture on classy behavior.
    Purdue fans don't scream IU sucks at Pacers games though.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Be careful when the Bobcats come to town. Fans might be fainting and collapsing in the stands when Zeller is introduced. I think that he'll get an even bigger ovation than Oladipo since he is an Indiana native.
    Do you think Zeller will get a bigger ovation than fellow Bobcat and former Pacer McBob? J/K

The cheering when he scored was a bit much. Just wait until Zeller comes back. People will probably be fainting in the stands.

I didn't hear much cheering when Peyt scored touchdowns against us.
    By the 3rd quarter the guy was getting booed.

I'm not a huge fan of it as I've stated multiple times, but it is what it is. You're not going to break the habit of college fans.

I did laugh when Moore came in and got booed immediately though.

EDIT: Should clarify I didn't boo Moore.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 10-30-2013 at 12:42 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

It is sickening the deep seated jealousy and hatred of IU by some people on this board. Just because your school's fanbase sucks is no reason to dislike the loyalty of IU fans.
    You obviously speak about something you have no knowledge about, but what else can I expect from someone who has a moniker that says IU.

Bird has done more for BB in Indiana than Victor O will ever achieve, so why wouldn't I be embarrassed for him? AND this comes from someone who didn't think Bird was GM material, but has come to realize how important Bird has become to the Pacers after a year of Walsh back.

I am a young IU fan. I booed Victor. I booed Moore. I booed everyone on the Magic. I got booed in my section for booing Victor.
    DG for 3

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This happened? I don't remember anything like this in any of his 3 games as an opponent in Indy.
    Yeah, the most usual college invasions I can remmeber, are the UK fans and Dee Brown's Illinois fan club.

Be careful when the Bobcats come to town. Fans might be fainting and collapsing in the stands when Zeller is introduced. I think that he'll get an even bigger ovation than Oladipo since he is an Indiana native.
    Gonna disagree with you here. Oladipo is an IU God. Zeller had a lot of people who thought he played like a candy *** in some games. Unless the bus up the town of Washington, (possible I guess), I think the cheers will be equal or Oladipo's will prove to be louder.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    We should have a poll to see which Pacer we think will get a triple double first this season. PG, West, Lance and Hibbs all have the ability to get triple doubles. My money is on Lance.
    For me it would be

1. Lance - most active in passing instead of nearly always looking to score (what an evolution that I would have sworn never would occur)

2. Hibbert - best positioned to get blocks and might get 10 or more actually credited to him

3. George - his focus changes depending on what is needed at a given moment, which is great, but his length and athleticism could allow him an outside chance at getting enough blocks if West / Hibbert get into early enough foul trouble. I doubt he has much chance at 10 assists under normal game conditions because he initiates what sets are run as opposed to finding guys in scoring position

4. West - I don't think West is likely to get enough assists or blocks unless everyone on my list above him is in foul trouble / injured / really off

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Staying for those 2-3 extra game time minutes, turns into 30 more minutes on the commute home. Sorry if seeing Rasual Butler is more important to you, than trying not to turn a little over an hour drive into almost 2 hours.
    Interesting. Where does it back up on you (assuming it isn't just getting out of a parking lot or garage)?

It's one of the reasons we stay for the post-game PD moot session. Once the crowds clear out a little we can zip right out of the garage and onto either Washington or out to 65 depending on where we parked.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Let me steal Heisenberg's gif from earlier

You obviously speak about something you have no knowledge about, but what else can I expect from someone who has a moniker that says IU.

Bird has done more for BB in Indiana than Victor O will ever achieve, so why wouldn't I be embarrassed for him? AND this comes from someone who didn't think Bird was GM material, but has come to realize how important Bird has become to the Pacers after a year of Walsh back.
    You make it sound like this state doesn't worship the very ground Larry Bird walks on.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post: