Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 72

Thread: Best food in BLF

  1. #26
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,569

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    I think the best food at the Fieldhouse is those personal size Donatos pizzas.

  2. #27

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Oops, my link wasn't working. Here you go.

    I made a similar thread about a year ago. It might help:

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...use&highlight=

  3. #28
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Is it my imagination or was the food much better when Conseco first opened. They had Ritters ice cream, they had a bakery that sold pretty good cookies, also mexican food.

  4. #29
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,516

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    also mexican food.
    Some guy walked by with a huge burrito last night.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  6. #30
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,047

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it my imagination or was the food much better when Conseco first opened. They had Ritters ice cream, they had a bakery that sold pretty good cookies, also mexican food.
    Didn't Ritters have overexpansion problems and have to drastically cut back its outlets, including the one in the Fieldhouse?
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  7. #31
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,912

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't Ritters have overexpansion problems and have to drastically cut back its outlets, including the one in the Fieldhouse?
    Yes, I think they did close most of their retail locations.

  8. #32
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,684

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    If you really want the best food it's the buffet on the club level

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #33
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,559
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Hardees's has good burgers and fries, Donatos little Pizza's are good. The barbecue place has a good pulled pork sandwich, very good baked potatoes with various toppings, their beef brisket was kinda tuff.

    I still wish they had more stuff to choose from, after a while you start getting tried of everything.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  10. #34
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    The problem with Donato's pizzas is that they are ridiculously overpriced. What is it, $7.50, $8.00, $8.50 for one of those things? Ridiculous. The pizza is too small and too thin to be that price, when you can get a HUGE Chicken Tender basket and fries for the same price. Either cut the price of the pizzas, or get rid of it altogether.


    My personal favorite is the Edy's Ice Cream. You get a cone of Mint Chocolate, and that thing's only about $4.25. Not a bad deal Fieldhouse-wise, and the thing lasts a good while.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  12. #35
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,047

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My personal favorite is the Edy's Ice Cream. You get a cone of Mint Chocolate, and that thing's only about $4.25. Not a bad deal Fieldhouse-wise, and the thing lasts a good while.
    Just keep it away from your girlfriend.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  14. #36

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    I wish they'd bring back the Chinese food vendor that used to occupy that space that is currently occupied by Red Burrito or whatever Mexican food vendor. I thought the Chinese food was pretty good and a decent value.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:


  16. #37
    Member crunk-juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Purdue
    Posts
    1,292
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    ^if anyone posts the video I'll kill them

  17. #38
    Member conky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Loogootee, IN
    Posts
    32

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    I had the wings opening night and they were pretty good. I don't think they're quite as good as they were, but they're still good. I think they're actually a bit bigger than the wings they did have. Kind of pricey, even by BLF standards though. I got 12 wings and it was $15...I'm not sure how much the order of 6 was.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to conky For This Useful Post:


  19. #39

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Quote Originally Posted by conky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had the wings opening night and they were pretty good. I don't think they're quite as good as they were, but they're still good. I think they're actually a bit bigger than the wings they did have. Kind of pricey, even by BLF standards though. I got 12 wings and it was $15...I'm not sure how much the order of 6 was.
    hm, i was hoping to keep it at about 10 bucks but 6 wings won't cut it. guess i will have to pony up for the dozen.

  20. #40
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,684

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    15 dollars for 12 chicken wings? Holy crap.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #41

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    The Locker Room Restaurant is pretty good IMO.

  22. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,106

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    There are so many great options just outside the Fieldhouse that offer a much better value that I don't know why anyone would plan to eat there. You could eat a great meal at the Spaghetti Factory for the price of a sandwich chips and drink at the Fieldhouse. I guess if you're pressed for time and have to eat something which happens.

  23. #43
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some guy walked by with a huge burrito last night.
    Yeah, there's a Red Burrito on the main concourse somewhere. I got Hardees on opening night, double thickburger and fries for like $11.50

  24. #44
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,047

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are so many great options just outside the Fieldhouse that offer a much better value that I don't know why anyone would plan to eat there. You could eat a great meal at the Spaghetti Factory for the price of a sandwich chips and drink at the Fieldhouse. I guess if you're pressed for time and have to eat something which happens.
    That's the problem for us, since the games are at 7 and I don't finish work until 5:30 or 6:00.

    But, yeah, the prices are getting a little out of hand. The only thing that keeps me from really ranting about it are the prices at Lucas Oil.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  25. #45
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    They now serve Chicken and Waffles at the game. I got to try them last season. So, so good.

  26. #46
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,516

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But, yeah, the prices are getting a little out of hand. The only thing that keeps me from really ranting about it are the prices at Lucas Oil.
    Haven't we had our share of disagreements on whether or not prices have anything to do with why some people weren't attending games?
    Last edited by Since86; 11-01-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  27. #47
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,047

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haven't we had our share of disagreements on whether or not prices have anything to do with why some people weren't attending games?
    Prices have gone up since then. You can also still find pretty cheap stuff if you're only there for one game, but cheap stuff game after game (especially when you're trying to eat right) isn't going to work.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  28. #48
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,516

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    How much have they went up since the 2011-2012 season? I'm still paying $7.50 for a beer, and I would think beer prices would go up with the rest of them. I haven't checked out any food prices yet, but last season the chicken fingers basket was the same price as the year before.

    I was just kind of surprised to see you say something about food prices, when I got pushback, not only from you but a lot of people, when I cited outrageous pricing. It really puts a bad taste in people's mouths, because they know how much it costs outside of BLF and increasing it just because you can, isn't a way to create happy customers.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  29. #49
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,047

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much have they went up since the 2011-2012 season? I'm still paying $7.50 for a beer, and I would think beer prices would go up with the rest of them. I haven't checked out any food prices yet, but last season the chicken fingers basket was the same price as the year before.

    I was just kind of surprised to see you say something about food prices, when I got pushback, not only from you but a lot of people, when I cited outrageous pricing. It really puts a bad taste in people's mouths, because they know how much it costs outside of BLF and increasing it just because you can, isn't a way to create happy customers.
    This is the first year I've gotten a little ticked off. Probably because I buy the premium beer, which is over $9 now, and because I buy the "healthier" food choices. More expensive than just a dog and a Bud or Diet Pepsi.

    Either way, my argument really has never been that food is cheap, just that there are cheaper options available AND that a family coming to a single game can plan ahead and choose to eat somewhere before arriving (or do the Family Night which includes a dog and a soft drink). Our discussions have been about people not going to *any* games because of the concessions, which I still think is a bit of a cop-out. Especially when Lucas Oil prices almost make the Fieldhouse look like the Wendy's Value Menu and yet they sell out. If people really are only coming to Pacer games for the "cheap" food yet going to Colts games for a different reason while putting up with the expensive food, the problem is not the concession prices.

    My grump here is more of a "first world problem" kind of thing - for a single game the prices don't kill me, but for 41 games plus preseason plus playoffs and rushing to get to the game so I don't quite have the option of eating somewhere else and doing it multiple games in the same week ... needs some serious planning or $$ to get through.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  31. #50
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,516

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Best food in BLF

    It might be a cop-out, but it was true then and it's still true. People look for reasons not to go spend their money on things, and when you charge them their first born for a bag of popcorn, people resist it. I haven't been to the movies for years, and their pricing structure is the #1 reason for it.

    I cannot count the number of times I've heard people directly mention pricing for why they don't go to games. Whether it's a cop out, or not, they don't go so in the end result is the exact same.


    Oh well, we've beat this horse enough.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •