Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best food in BLF

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Best food in BLF

I think the best food at the Fieldhouse is those personal size Donatos pizzas.

Oops, my link wasn't working. Here you go.

I made a similar thread about a year ago. It might help:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...use&highlight=

Is it my imagination or was the food much better when Conseco first opened. They had Ritters ice cream, they had a bakery that sold pretty good cookies, also mexican food.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    also mexican food.
    Some guy walked by with a huge burrito last night.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Is it my imagination or was the food much better when Conseco first opened. They had Ritters ice cream, they had a bakery that sold pretty good cookies, also mexican food.
    Didn't Ritters have overexpansion problems and have to drastically cut back its outlets, including the one in the Fieldhouse?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Didn't Ritters have overexpansion problems and have to drastically cut back its outlets, including the one in the Fieldhouse?
    Yes, I think they did close most of their retail locations.

If you really want the best food it's the buffet on the club level

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hardees's has good burgers and fries, Donatos little Pizza's are good. The barbecue place has a good pulled pork sandwich, very good baked potatoes with various toppings, their beef brisket was kinda tuff.

I still wish they had more stuff to choose from, after a while you start getting tried of everything.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Mood

The problem with Donato's pizzas is that they are ridiculously overpriced. What is it, $7.50, $8.00, $8.50 for one of those things? Ridiculous. The pizza is too small and too thin to be that price, when you can get a HUGE Chicken Tender basket and fries for the same price. Either cut the price of the pizzas, or get rid of it altogether.

My personal favorite is the Edy's Ice Cream. You get a cone of Mint Chocolate, and that thing's only about $4.25. Not a bad deal Fieldhouse-wise, and the thing lasts a good while.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    My personal favorite is the Edy's Ice Cream. You get a cone of Mint Chocolate, and that thing's only about $4.25. Not a bad deal Fieldhouse-wise, and the thing lasts a good while.
    Just keep it away from your girlfriend.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

I wish they'd bring back the Chinese food vendor that used to occupy that space that is currently occupied by Red Burrito or whatever Mexican food vendor. I thought the Chinese food was pretty good and a decent value.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Mood

^if anyone posts the video I'll kill them

I had the wings opening night and they were pretty good. I don't think they're quite as good as they were, but they're still good. I think they're actually a bit bigger than the wings they did have. Kind of pricey, even by BLF standards though. I got 12 wings and it was $15...I'm not sure how much the order of 6 was.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to conky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by conky View Post
    I had the wings opening night and they were pretty good. I don't think they're quite as good as they were, but they're still good. I think they're actually a bit bigger than the wings they did have. Kind of pricey, even by BLF standards though. I got 12 wings and it was $15...I'm not sure how much the order of 6 was.
    hm, i was hoping to keep it at about 10 bucks but 6 wings won't cut it. guess i will have to pony up for the dozen.

15 dollars for 12 chicken wings? Holy crap.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

The Locker Room Restaurant is pretty good IMO.

There are so many great options just outside the Fieldhouse that offer a much better value that I don't know why anyone would plan to eat there. You could eat a great meal at the Spaghetti Factory for the price of a sandwich chips and drink at the Fieldhouse. I guess if you're pressed for time and have to eat something which happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Some guy walked by with a huge burrito last night.
    Yeah, there's a Red Burrito on the main concourse somewhere. I got Hardees on opening night, double thickburger and fries for like $11.50

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    There are so many great options just outside the Fieldhouse that offer a much better value that I don't know why anyone would plan to eat there. You could eat a great meal at the Spaghetti Factory for the price of a sandwich chips and drink at the Fieldhouse. I guess if you're pressed for time and have to eat something which happens.
    That's the problem for us, since the games are at 7 and I don't finish work until 5:30 or 6:00.

But, yeah, the prices are getting a little out of hand. The only thing that keeps me from really ranting about it are the prices at Lucas Oil.
    BillS

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They now serve Chicken and Waffles at the game. I got to try them last season. So, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    But, yeah, the prices are getting a little out of hand. The only thing that keeps me from really ranting about it are the prices at Lucas Oil.
    Haven't we had our share of disagreements on whether or not prices have anything to do with why some people weren't attending games?
    Last edited by Since86; 11-01-2013 at 10:30 AM.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Haven't we had our share of disagreements on whether or not prices have anything to do with why some people weren't attending games?
    Prices have gone up since then. You can also still find pretty cheap stuff if you're only there for one game, but cheap stuff game after game (especially when you're trying to eat right) isn't going to work.
    BillS

How much have they went up since the 2011-2012 season? I'm still paying $7.50 for a beer, and I would think beer prices would go up with the rest of them. I haven't checked out any food prices yet, but last season the chicken fingers basket was the same price as the year before.

I was just kind of surprised to see you say something about food prices, when I got pushback, not only from you but a lot of people, when I cited outrageous pricing. It really puts a bad taste in people's mouths, because they know how much it costs outside of BLF and increasing it just because you can, isn't a way to create happy customers.

How much have they went up since the 2011-2012 season? I'm still paying $7.50 for a beer, and I would think beer prices would go up with the rest of them. I haven't checked out any food prices yet, but last season the chicken fingers basket was the same price as the year before.

I was just kind of surprised to see you say something about food prices, when I got pushback, not only from you but a lot of people, when I cited outrageous pricing. It really puts a bad taste in people's mouths, because they know how much it costs outside of BLF and increasing it just because you can, isn't a way to create happy customers.
    This is the first year I've gotten a little ticked off. Probably because I buy the premium beer, which is over $9 now, and because I buy the "healthier" food choices. More expensive than just a dog and a Bud or Diet Pepsi.

Either way, my argument really has never been that food is cheap, just that there are cheaper options available AND that a family coming to a single game can plan ahead and choose to eat somewhere before arriving (or do the Family Night which includes a dog and a soft drink). Our discussions have been about people not going to *any* games because of the concessions, which I still think is a bit of a cop-out. Especially when Lucas Oil prices almost make the Fieldhouse look like the Wendy's Value Menu and yet they sell out. If people really are only coming to Pacer games for the "cheap" food yet going to Colts games for a different reason while putting up with the expensive food, the problem is not the concession prices.

My grump here is more of a "first world problem" kind of thing - for a single game the prices don't kill me, but for 41 games plus preseason plus playoffs and rushing to get to the game so I don't quite have the option of eating somewhere else and doing it multiple games in the same week ... needs some serious planning or $$ to get through.
    BillS

30. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

It might be a cop-out, but it was true then and it's still true. People look for reasons not to go spend their money on things, and when you charge them their first born for a bag of popcorn, people resist it. I haven't been to the movies for years, and their pricing structure is the #1 reason for it.

I cannot count the number of times I've heard people directly mention pricing for why they don't go to games. Whether it's a cop out, or not, they don't go so in the end result is the exact same.

Oh well, we've beat this horse enough.