Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Random Thoughts

Mood

Default Re: Xbox One Random Thoughts

I was pleasantly surprised by the graphics of Lego MSH as well. They make use of the better hardware by allowing for TONS of lego bricks to be on the screen at once, better lighting, depth of field, etc.

Mood

By the way, I re-installed NBA 2K14 yesterday, but I didn't play it until earlier this afternoon... and mycareer loaded properly!

HOWEVER, when I went to upgrade my character, it said it couldn't connect to the 2K server, and then it kicked me out, and then it asked me to create myplayer like it does when you first load the game.... so I quit and closed the game. Haven't opened it since. I might soon.

Mood

I did try later last night, and it did load properly again; so for now, it appears mycareer is working again for me, thankfully. I was bummed out thinking my character had been lost.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I re-installed 2K14 this morning and still can't save any game files and can't even start up a GD exhibition game.

I'm still having trouble connecting to 2k servers. I guess every save even in offline game modes is actually tied online to the cloud. So when the servers are down you can't load my career/my gm. The workaround is to create a separate save file every time you save, but you actually have two separate identities this way. So far the last two days I have only been able to play a offline quick game but I have to reset my setting and sliders each time I play. Also the rosters are out of date.

I really like the gameplay, but I hate the menus, vc, every save file online, and the arenas are too dark. Also the CPU rotations are pretty crazy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Could not connect to the 2K servers either tonight. It os really frustrating when all I want to do is play some MyPlayer and get stuck with a quick game.

So my last NBA 2K was 11 so this VC stuff is really annoying. Having to purchase basic things like a head band or even coaching items is insane to me. I should not have to buy basic coaching options in MyGM. That is just crazy to me. What are some good tips to earn Vc quickly?

Overall, Assasins Creed 4 is just so damn addictive.

The main reason I upgraded to next gen was for NBA 2K and I can't play the mode I want. I've invested over $700 in it so far and I'm starting to wish I would have held out until next year. I don't understand why saves for offline game modes has to be tied to their servers. I remember when you could buy a 2K game for $60 and EVERYTHING was on the disk. Now they nickel and dime you with all these stupid micro transactions. I would rather just pay more for the damn game in the first place and get it all over with at once.

Mood

I usually just skip accessories and what not, but if I want them, I'll just wait until I've earned the VC through gameplay; I don't intend to spend real money on it. I didn't get a chance to play today, so I can't weigh in on connecting to the servers.

This is straight BS right now, but at the same time I do believe this will eventually be sorted out.

I'm sure they'll sort it out too. I was just even more frustrated because I was on vacation and this past week was one of my few chances to really enjoy it. Instead I got to see a lot of the beautiful loading screen!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Believe it or not, NBA Live 14 is pretty decent. Not great by any stretch of the imagination, but I am enjoying it.
    I don't believe that.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    By the way, I re-installed NBA 2K14 yesterday, but I didn't play it until earlier this afternoon... and mycareer loaded properly!

HOWEVER, when I went to upgrade my character, it said it couldn't connect to the 2K server, and then it kicked me out, and then it asked me to create myplayer like it does when you first load the game.... so I quit and closed the game. Haven't opened it since. I might soon.
    This seems to be an issue on 2k's end regarding server reliability I have had the same problem. Typically just reloading the game works for me so far.

I am enjoying the XB1 the more time I spend with it. Forza is a lost of fun and is beautiful.

Once you get past the initial frustration of each issue, it is obvious a lot of these issues are just early system issues. The simplicity and stripped feeling of the 2k menus for example is one of the same complaints I had with the first 2k on 360.

NBA Live isn't beautiful and the gameplay isn't cutting edge but I don't think it's a terrible first start though. I think in a couple of years it has the potential to surprise people. 2k is still superior in every aspect (minus VC & servers) but I can see competition heating up in the future which is good for us.

I wish 2k could make an NFL game and I wish GTA would come to X1.

Why does 2k allow habitual fouling? I was playing on-line, and my opponent kept stealing the ball from me by smashing the steal button. Such a cheap way to play
    David "And One" West

Another complaint, why do my players stand around and watch the ball after a long rebound? They just let the ball bounce and the other team gets the ball
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tried an uninstall/reinstall this morning and the damn game STILL won't create or load any files for me. This game is junk!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Why does 2k allow habitual fouling? I was playing on-line, and my opponent kept stealing the ball from me by smashing the steal button. Such a cheap way to play
    Perhaps you should protect the ball better. Don't dribble into traffic, don't use poor ball handlers and be conscious of your strong and weak hand when dribbling, and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-02-2014 at 11:20 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Tried an uninstall/reinstall this morning and the damn game STILL won't create or load any files for me. This game is junk!
    Are you going off disc or online? Have you checked your internet connection?

Mood

With all these issues you guys keep talking about I'm probably gonna hold out until a cpl more months pass by to get my Xbox one.

Honestly I gotta *knock on wood* past my first day or so with the system not too many issues so far. I mean a few things here and there but nothing that ruins it at all.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

NBA Live looks last gen in my eyes.

I only played it once, but the EA Sports games that are on next gen look like they were just copy and pasted from last gen. FIFA 14's biggest difference to me is the crowd being more detailed. Again, I've only played the demos of these games, but NBA Live has gotten pretty bad reviews.

Even though 2K shipped a game that basically works online 50% of the time, at least they took time and made it look really good.

The servers being down 24/7 is pretty maddening, though. Especially when I'm trying to play against a friend online and basically all we end up doing is sitting in the lobby for 45 minutes and powering down the Xbox One and powering it back on, hoping that it will work.

I really like Forza, COD: Ghosts, and I've played a little of Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed IV.

Once the system gets the kinks out, gets more applications on it, as the choice right now is pretty bad and has some dashboard updates on it, I think it'll continue to get better.

Really hope in the next dashboard update, they show you how much battery life your controllers have, as I'm using batteries and the only notification I get now is the controller continuing to die and eventually not turn on.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    NBA Live looks last gen in my eyes.

I only played it once, but the EA Sports games that are on next gen look like they were just copy and pasted from last gen. FIFA 14's biggest difference to me is the crowd being more detailed. Again, I've only played the demos of these games, but NBA Live has gotten pretty bad reviews.

Even though 2K shipped a game that basically works online 50% of the time, at least they took time and made it look really good.

The servers being down 24/7 is pretty maddening, though. Especially when I'm trying to play against a friend online and basically all we end up doing is sitting in the lobby for 45 minutes and powering down the Xbox One and powering it back on, hoping that it will work.

I really like Forza, COD: Ghosts, and I've played a little of Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed IV.

Once the system gets the kinks out, gets more applications on it, as the choice right now is pretty bad and has some dashboard updates on it, I think it'll continue to get better.

Really hope in the next dashboard update, they show you how much battery life your controllers have, as I'm using batteries and the only notification I get now is the controller continuing to die and eventually not turn on.
    i went for the PS4, but about EA next gen, i have to agree. I got Madden for Christmas and well... I'm glad i didn't spend my own money on it. It's just a let down. I absolutely love 2k14. Guess the PS4 version is more stable, I had some problems day 1, but since then its been smooth sailing. Game looks and plays great. EA has their work cut for them if they expect to compete.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

I got Madden 25 for 360 when it came out, no way in hell I'm buying Madden 25 for Xbox One.

I may rent it, but then again, probably won't even do that.

I've heard many say that last gen Madden 25 is a lot better.

NBA Live did not look good at all, and has gotten bad reviews, and while FIFA is a good game, the graphics don't stand out, like I said, the only difference I've noticed is that the crowd is more detailed. I know next gen sports games, the first few years aren't going to impress, but this is EA and I'm not going to cut them much slack. They better step it up.

And don't even get me started on Battlefield 4......

I'm just glad COD works online.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

What EA did with Madden when they went to the last generation should of been enough evident to never trust EA. I remember being stoked about Madden on the 360 because of what they had done with Madden 2005. Then when they shipped 2006 the things that made Madden great they had stripped and it was a shell of its former self. They used the accuse of going next gen, but in reality with each new iteration of the game they added back stuff calling it new features. After 2006 came out I refused to by another Madden game and have not since. I give it a try each year because my friend is still a sucker for them, but the game still suffers from some of the same problems the 2005 version had.

2005 was the last good year for football games. NFL 2k5 so dope

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

I played some more MyCareer this afternoon with no problem.