Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Random Thoughts

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Xbox One Random Thoughts

Doesn't sound like it will work unfortunately. They way I've got my basement set up, the components are all in another room on the other side of the wall. I like not having any visible wires or components. And the LED tv's are pretty thin. I don't think I'd be able to set the Kinect on top of them. And the 3 ft cord length wouldn't be enough. I'd need at least double that and probably more. I'm probably out of luck.

"I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Have you checked if they sell extenders? Could run the kinect cord through the wall and build a dedicated shelf above?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

A little dedicated shelf underneath it would be a good spot. I think they make extension cables for the 360 connect, so if there currently isn't, I'm sure there will be.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you checked if they sell extenders? Could run the kinect cord through the wall and build a dedicated shelf above?
    I haven't been able to find him if they do make cord extensions. They are available for the original Kinect.

Truthfully, I didn't even think about putting it under the TV as Hicks suggested, a 3 ft cable may just reach if it were there.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Mood

That's a killer setup btw man.

There is the hillbilly route. You could always get two cables and splice them together.

But the xbox site says the cord in the box is supposed to be 9ft.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    There is the hillbilly route. You could always get two cables and splice them together.

But the xbox site says the cord in the box is supposed to be 9ft.
    It could be that long, I honestly didn't think about it because my XB1 sits on the furniture that my TV hangs above with speakers on either side.

I haven't paid close attention to it or measured it, but I think the Kinect cable is probably longer than 3 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I haven't paid close attention to it or measured it, but I think the Kinect cable is probably longer than 3 feet.
    Yeah it seems I'm way wrong. Like I said I didn't even unwrap mine much, just ran behind the furniture right next to my XB1, so it travels maybe 8 inches.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FYMTUQY

that's a mount for the kinect, I'd look one at a local spot just in case it doesn't fit u can easily return it

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Doesn't sound like it will work unfortunately. They way I've got my basement set up, the components are all in another room on the other side of the wall. I like not having any visible wires or components. And the LED tv's are pretty thin. I don't think I'd be able to set the Kinect on top of them. And the 3 ft cord length wouldn't be enough. I'd need at least double that and probably more. I'm probably out of luck.

You have a sweet basement setup. I'm trying to buy my first house hopefully by next winter (well, I'll hopefully have enough money finally saved by next winter!) Don't know if I'll necessarily get a basement, but would just love a dedicated man cave area like that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone else having trouble with the Yes command when powering off your X1? Ever since the update my Yes command has not worked. I have tweeted a few of the Microsoft guys I follow and heard nothing. I try to calibrate the Kinect again last night and it did not seem to work.

Things were going so well for BF4 and then last night I could not get into the game.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Same here. It doesn't recognize me saying "Yes" when I try to turn it off that way.

Same here. It doesn't recognize me saying "Yes" when I try to turn it off that way.
    I just needed to clear the cache on my X1. To do that you hold down the power button on the console until it fully powers down. Unplug the X1 for a couple minutes and plug it back in. Power it up and it should be good to go.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

So last night I had trouble with a game that kept crashing on load (CoD Ghosts), and then my TV feed was stuttering and my YouTube was as well, so I decided to pull the plug for a complete refresh, and when I turned it back on 20 seconds later... for the first time I heard a faint buzzing sound coming from the xbox. It lasted about 15-20 minutes before going away, and now it comes back whenever I turn the system on. If this is a warning sign of a crash later on, I'm done with Microsoft. I'm putting up with their issues to this point because they're mostly minor and don't bother me, but if 3 months in a brand new console (new in general, new generation) starts buzzing and then if that gets louder and/or the system just dies... that's a waste of $500, and I'm not doing to forget that. Rather than buying a replacement, I'd rather eat the costs thus far (accessories/games) and just wait a bit and get a PS4.

IF it gets worse and dies.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

So last night I had trouble with a game that kept crashing on load (CoD Ghosts), and then my TV feed was stuttering and my YouTube was as well, so I decided to pull the plug for a complete refresh, and when I turned it back on 20 seconds later... for the first time I heard a faint buzzing sound coming from the xbox. It lasted about 15-20 minutes before going away, and now it comes back whenever I turn the system on. If this is a warning sign of a crash later on, I'm done with Microsoft. I'm putting up with their issues to this point because they're mostly minor and don't bother me, but if 3 months in a brand new console (new in general, new generation) starts buzzing and then if that gets louder and/or the system just dies... that's a waste of $500, and I'm not doing to forget that. Rather than buying a replacement, I'd rather eat the costs thus far (accessories/games) and just wait a bit and get a PS4.

IF it gets worse and dies.
    Yesterday I turned my console on and it still had Forza in it, I took the disc out and put in COD: Ghosts, and it was saying "Please insert a disc", so I ejected the COD: Ghosts disc and it didn't eject, I immediately hit the eject button again and the disc came out. I put it back in and it worked fine. I was worried the disc drive was already broken. Everything has been fine since.

But these are the reasons I got a 2 year warranty from Gamestop. The console is bound to crash, although I hold out hope it won't. They all do, though.

PS4 will be no different. Maybe not as bad. If your Xbox One crashes and you go the PS4 route, just get a warranty so you can just bring that sucker in when it dies, no questions asked and as long as they have a console in stock you get a brand new one.

The only company I've never had issues with is Nintendo, my Nintendo 64 and GameCube never died and neither have my GameBoys throughout the years. I guess my Sega Dreamcast never had problems, either.

My Playstation 2's disc drive went bad a few years into owning the thing. I got one of those laser disc cleaners and it would help it work, but I ended up having to use it all the damn time and eventually the drive just went out completely.

My original Xbox's drive died, well it stopped opening, so I had to buy a new one and Xbox 360? My brother and I went through probably 2 original models each, my bonus room is an Xbox 360 graveyard. I eventually got the Xbox 360 Slim model, 500 GB version, chrome black color and never had a problem with it.

But yeah, it sucks when that **** happens.

I'm pretty disappointed in NBA2K14 still. Servers are always down still. The funny thing is, is that I can do a Quick Match and be matched up with someone in like 15 seconds but when I try to invite my friends via Play with Friends, it hardly ever works, and when it does work, the game is lost due to bad connection within the first quarter and like I said before it isn't our internet speed. It's all on 2K. They really **** the bed with their next gen NBA and I don't think I'll be buying another 2K NBA game. Can only hope NBA Live gets better, although I doubt it. It's EA after all.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Seems to be related to my disc drive; I ejected a BD and didn't put anything else in, and now it's quiet again. Hmm.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

It may not be a big deal, but I can understand the worry and frustration

A weird thing my COD: Ghosts will do sometimes is when I load up my game it loads up the campaign and makes me watch a loading screen intro, then I quit and save and go to the multiplayer and it works fine. An annoyance but at least the damn thing works still
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

That's started happening to me in the last couple of days; Ghosts starts with that pre-game movie and loads the campaign. Annoying.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

It might just be because Ghost is a crappy game. :-P

In all seriousness, I really have not had any issues with disks, but I am starting to do the digital versions of games so hopefully that can alleviate some worry.

My friend did have his Kinect die on him the other day.

The March update is shaping up to be really good with the deployment of a lot of party stuff and Twitch. I have never bought a controller for looks, but the Titanfall controller is damn sexy.

How did his Kinect die?

Mood

I started getting anal with the last 360 I bought, as I copied the games to the hard drive as much as possible and I never run any other disc on it. A cheap blu-ray player is a much better option even now with the XB1, and I probably need to use the one that runs netflix as opposed to using the xbox.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    How did his Kinect die?
    It just stopped recognizing anything and would not respond to voice commands or anything. Like any hardware it is prone to failure.

Fun thing is I have not even bothered with watching a movie on my X1 other than through Netflix.

Tested a little bit more, and it's definitely tied to the disc drive on mine. Fortunately (for now?) that's all it is, and even when it does buzz with the disc in, it's pretty faint, but I can hear it when I listen for it and it annoys me, and I'm concerned it will get worse later.

Glad my games are digital at least. Only use the tray for BD's.

Christ, PG24, please don't let Middleton school you.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post: