Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Random Thoughts

Default Re: Xbox One Random Thoughts

There's a option to tell your teammate to shoot the ball with the Kinect voice commands but it never works for me.

Jennings shoots too much lol but can't knock it I'm the sixth man averaging 27.5 PPG and 6 reb. 3 assists, but team is 30-2 so I'm not complaining

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a option to tell your teammate to shoot the ball with the Kinect voice commands but it never works for me.
    The voice commands can be really hit or miss.

I heard Battlefield 4 finally got its stuff together and popped it in. The online is pretty good and I like it much better than COD. The vehicles is just crazy. The single player is pretty pedestrian, but COD never the most engaging story either.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

FYI the Titanfall beta for Xbox One and PC starts Friday

Visit Titanfall.com/beta to sign up, the beta is closed so there is not guarantee you will get it. For PC players a valid EA Origin account is required

IDK how long the beta is supposed to last but I would assume a few weeks

Really can't wait. I've watched a lot of videos and read up on it, and listened to people who have played the alpha, and the reception has been great

Apparently the Xbox One controller is going to be getting an update before the game comes out to make the analog sticks more precise with the game

We're supposed to be getting a small update sometime this week that will introduce a battery life icon, if I didn't already say this, and then a big time update before Titanfall launches on March 11th.

Also another good thing I'm reading is that Titanfall's servers on Xbox One won't be ran by EA, which has had bad luck with their online games recently. It'll be ran on Microsoft's dedicated servers. So hopefully that means there won't be as many hiccups, although I'm sure it isn't going to be flawless. **** can happen

Here's to hoping for an invite to the beta on Friday!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

This Titanfall release is so huge for XB1, if it goes off without a hitch they get a very nice leg up on PS4 on unique titles, but on the other side of the coin if it is buggy or laggy it will leave a serious bad taste in everyone's mouth.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo

the voice commands in madden are HEAD AND SHOULDERS above 2k. which shouldn't surprise anyone.

you can pretty much be Peyton manning on offense or defense.. call audibles/hot routes/ect.. really makes the game more enjoyable

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This Titanfall release is so huge for XB1, if it goes off without a hitch they get a very nice leg up on PS4 on unique titles, but on the other side of the coin if it is buggy or laggy it will leave a serious bad taste in everyone's mouth.
    Yeah, if they can nail Titanfall this will be huge for the X1. Now if EA screws it up like they have with Battlefield 4 and Sim City releases then it could turn off a lot of people. Battlefield 4 is just now getting to be playable.

Doesn't run at 1080p on XB1. That's a huge disappoinment IMO.

That's just the beta.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    That's just the beta.
    Still won't be 1080p from what I've read.

Respawn Entertainment community manager Abbie Heppe told the Titanfall Blog that it currently runs in 792p, but could be closer to native 900p at launch next month.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tit.../1100-6417701/

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Still won't be 1080p from what I've read.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tit.../1100-6417701/
    A big meh for the 1080p being a big deal. Gameplay is where it is important and if it is balanced and fun then it will not matter.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    A big meh for the 1080p being a big deal. Gameplay is where it is important and if it is balanced and fun then it will not matter.
    I will respectfully disagree. Yes gameplay is most important, but its 2014, and your competitors machine is running games at 1080p/60fps. I'll be getting it for PC. I think the features of the XB1 are fantastic, but when it comes to gaming, it needs to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I will respectfully disagree. Yes gameplay is most important, but its 2014, and your competitors machine is running games at 1080p/60fps. I'll be getting it for PC. I think the features of the XB1 are fantastic, but when it comes to gaming, it needs to be better.
    Yes, it is 2014 and it is disappointing that it will not be at 1080p, but at the end of the day it is all about gameplay. If they nail the gameplay and it is well balanced game it will be fantastic. The Wii and Wii U are not graphical powerhouses, but their games are damn good. I still love playing Super Mario Brothers for the Wii because at the heart of the game is imaginative levels and good gameplay.

To each their own though. Some people value graphics and some people value other things. Heck, one of my all time favorite games is Confict Desert Storm on the original xbox. That game was not pretty to look at and even some of the gameplay was a bit off, but it was just so damn fun playing four player local.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    Sorry I disagree here. It's the biggest title yet and M$ has been hanging their hat on it for months. It should be something that wouldn't run on any other system. If it's balanced and fun and they can't make it run, would it have been better on 360? You'd have to wonder.

I admit, I was let down when I learned about the 1080p/graphics issues with X1 versus PS4, and it will always bother me to some extent. Fortunately, it doesn't bother me SO MUCH that I feel like I made a huge mistake, either. The games still look very good, I still like Xbox Live, and I like my TV integration as well, so while I have several nits to pick with the system right now, I don't feel like I bought a piece of **** by any stretch, either, and most of those nits will be corrected in time with software additions and updates, too, leaving only basically one (this issue with the resolution/graphics) remaining. I feel like they blew it in that regard, but to me it's a flaw, not a critical error.

The battery update is coming this weekend. One of my friends already has it. Coming out in waves

Still no luck for me in the Titanfall beta. That's what happens though. I'd almost rather pay $5 to be able to play it. Waiting for an email that isn't going to come is just annoying and a waste of time
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

You're going to get your wish LH. Paid beta will eventually be the norm.

I'd like to have it both ways: Option to pay for the beta, get it a week or so earlier or you put your email address in a hat and hope to get it when it comes out

But yeah, eventually we'll just have the pay $10 and you can play the beta for 2 weeks!

It's just frustrating because I wanted to play this damn beta and it's almost certain I'm not going to get the invite code
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

I've been thinking of getting a game/media center PC for quite some time -- something that can play top-of-the-line games while also functioning at a HTMC that can play/stream all media files to my TV -- but I don't have the time or expertise to really build a PC myself. I may have actually asked this in the past, just had other expenses come up last time I pursued it. But curious if anyone has suggestions for getting a terrific build (not some BS AlienWare thing where you get B material while paying $1000 over market) while not actually having to build it myself haha?

Mood

Is anyone still having consistent issues with the 2k server, every time I start the game they tell me they can not connect to the 2k server, this is so frustrating, I thought they had this figured out...
    Why so SERIOUS

If you work for a retailer that sells Microsoft stuff or you can check their site to see if ur company is listed they allow you to take courses to gain rewards such as the beta version of titans all, xbox live for a year, etc it's at their expert zone website

Does anyone know the simplist way right now to stream video from a Windows 8.1 PC to Xbox One? I can handle the part where I make the files the right format (I'm just not sure which format I need), but I'm not clear on the method I need to use. I'm wondering if I'm expected to pay $100 for the 'pro' edition so I have media center or something like that. I hope not.

Basically, I have the means to rip my blu ray discs, and I can get them to whatever format I need, but I just don't know what is needed in this case, or what to do to set up the connection between the devices. I thought I'd found it once, but it didn't seem to work, and I'm still confused by the changes from 360 to 1 and from 7 to 8/8.1 regarding the software in play. I had a better idea of how to do this when it was 360 and Win7.

Just got my beta code.

So far I like it. Titanfall is Call of Duty with Mechs

Played a few Attrition games, which is their version of deathmatch

Runs pretty smooth for all the chaos going on, on screen, but the game does have minimal screen tearing at times, but it really isn't that big of a deal
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    I've been thinking of getting a game/media center PC for quite some time -- something that can play top-of-the-line games while also functioning at a HTMC that can play/stream all media files to my TV -- but I don't have the time or expertise to really build a PC myself. I may have actually asked this in the past, just had other expenses come up last time I pursued it. But curious if anyone has suggestions for getting a terrific build (not some BS AlienWare thing where you get B material while paying $1000 over market) while not actually having to build it myself haha?
    CyperPowerPC
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

I used them to build my last rig. You can pick and customize everything. I think all in it cost me $1200? They have sales all the time, so keep an eye out. They wil probably have a spring one soon. They are a little jank in customer service (they don't hire a lot of native english speakers for one reason or another, but they are based in Cali), but even though their english is not perfect they were mostly prompt and did their best to respond to me. It took me 2 weeks to get my PC I think. It all worked (except you have to be competent enough to open up the side of the case and plug in the side fan to the MoBo and take out the packing material if there's any inside, I was able to do it no problem, though plugging the fan is a little difficult so everything else is already installed and my hands had a tough time fitting, but got it eventually and I am definitely not overly savvy in building PCs or anything like that, I would never build my own, make sure you check the side fan if you do it, i only found out that they ship it unplugged by checking a forum, plus it's just a good idea to check the insides when you receive). I've had mine for about 18 months now with no problems and it is still top of the line. I got lots of fun upgrades like a Corsair liquid cooler for less than what a big fan usually costs.

That woudl be my recommendation at least. There are a few other companies that do the same thing, but CyberPOwer had the best prices and I can't complain about the build quality in my personal experience.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-15-2014 at 08:46 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Does anyone know the simplist way right now to stream video from a Windows 8.1 PC to Xbox One? I can handle the part where I make the files the right format (I'm just not sure which format I need), but I'm not clear on the method I need to use. I'm wondering if I'm expected to pay $100 for the 'pro' edition so I have media center or something like that. I hope not.

Basically, I have the means to rip my blu ray discs, and I can get them to whatever format I need, but I just don't know what is needed in this case, or what to do to set up the connection between the devices. I thought I'd found it once, but it didn't seem to work, and I'm still confused by the changes from 360 to 1 and from 7 to 8/8.1 regarding the software in play. I had a better idea of how to do this when it was 360 and Win7.
    XB1 is not compatible with media center or anything like that yet to my knowledge so that shouldn't be your issue. I've heard people just aren't fans of the XB1 video streaming from PC yet. I'm still using my PS3 for that, since I moved my 360 to another room.

360 and Win7 had it perfect, but it appears that the XB1 doesn't have a great simple answer yet, so I just haven't messed with it.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-15-2014 at 08:47 PM.