Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Random Thoughts

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Xbox One Random Thoughts

Had no problems today with MyPlayer.

I am stuck on the Timberwolves, but it is realistic because Rubio just plays matador defense all game and Love just cares about getting his points/rebounds.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm sorry, but 2k really sucks this year. For a game that prides itself on being realistic, it is incredibly unrealistic. First of all, the players move ridiculously slowly. NBA players are fast, and way too often guys seem to be moving around in slow motion. I also hate that this game rewards bad defense. The game encourages you to mash the x button to get steals. Unrealistic that you have the ball, and are dribbling it, and a defender directly in front of you reaches in 3-4 times and gets the steal. Sorry but if you hit x, and don't get the steal, this should be a foul every single time. There are way to many cheap offensive fouls called. When was the last time you watched somebody draw a charge right after a basket was made while the team was inbounding the ball? NBA players don't run into defenders when they are running their offense ever.

The passing is also too difficult. I understand that you only want to make a pass when there is a clear path, but 2K has tried to hard with this and failed. Often, I make a pass when there is a clear line, but my player runs away from the ball, and leads to a turnover. Back to the clear line thing, if I have the ball at the FT line, and two defenders are in front of me, I see a guy wide open under the basket. Its still a turnover because the defenders somehow still tip the ball even though they are both guarding the ball handler. Nobody, on any level of basketball, will throw the ball directly to a defender. This game lacks common sense from the AI.

The best 2K game was on the dreamcast, I think it was 2K1. They should go back to that game
    David "And One" West

If I mash the x button my guys does an intentional foul so I really am not sure what you're talking about there.

As far as your comment that the best 2k game was on the dreamcast I just have to laugh because that is absurd.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sorry, but 2k really sucks this year. For a game that prides itself on being realistic, it is incredibly unrealistic. First of all, the players move ridiculously slowly. NBA players are fast, and way too often guys seem to be moving around in slow motion. I also hate that this game rewards bad defense. The game encourages you to mash the x button to get steals. Unrealistic that you have the ball, and are dribbling it, and a defender directly in front of you reaches in 3-4 times and gets the steal. Sorry but if you hit x, and don't get the steal, this should be a foul every single time. There are way to many cheap offensive fouls called. When was the last time you watched somebody draw a charge right after a basket was made while the team was inbounding the ball? NBA players don't run into defenders when they are running their offense ever.

The passing is also too difficult. I understand that you only want to make a pass when there is a clear path, but 2K has tried to hard with this and failed. Often, I make a pass when there is a clear line, but my player runs away from the ball, and leads to a turnover. Back to the clear line thing, if I have the ball at the FT line, and two defenders are in front of me, I see a guy wide open under the basket. Its still a turnover because the defenders somehow still tip the ball even though they are both guarding the ball handler. Nobody, on any level of basketball, will throw the ball directly to a defender. This game lacks common sense from the AI.

The best 2K game was on the dreamcast, I think it was 2K1. They should go back to that game
    Not sure how much of this was sarcasm....

The physics in this game are ridiculously realistic. And it doesn't reward bad defense, it punishes bad offense. You can't just pick up and play this arcade-style like NBA Live. It requires actual basketball logic.

I have yet to have an issue with mashing the x button. then again, i don't let unqualified players handle the ball, and I don't recklessly dribble into traffic with players that do...

Protect the ball. And don't put the ball right out in front of a player attempting to steal it. Mashing the x button recklessly throws defenders way out of position. It's bad strategy, and easy to take advantage of.

Gamers have been getting away with this stuff since the beginning of time, but that was never realistic basketball.

Same with the game speed. this matches the speed of a true NBA game. 6'9" 250-lb men cannot stop at full speed and change direction like they used to. That's realistic.

As for the passing thing, you can float a pass over the top of a defense. You aren't forced to pass in a straight line. Actually, you've been able to do that for years. Read the directions.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-06-2014 at 04:30 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have trouble passing sometimes if I get careless but I think that makes the game fun. Also, I'm having trouble stoping dribble penetration from point guards. When I played the Heat for instance, Mario Chalmers lit me up. I will say that gameplay is the best part of the game. They can fix menus and the server problems, but the gameplay is excellent and I'm sure if will even keep improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Not sure how much of this was sarcasm....

The physics in this game are ridiculously realistic. And it doesn't reward bad defense, it punishes bad offense. You can't just pick up and play this arcade-style like NBA Live. It requires actual basketball logic.

I have yet to have an issue with mashing the x button. then again, i don't let unqualified players handle the ball, and I don't recklessly dribble into traffic with players that do...

Protect the ball. And don't put the ball right out in front of a player attempting to steal it. Mashing the x button recklessly throws defenders way out of position. It's bad strategy, and easy to take advantage of.

Gamers have been getting away with this stuff since the beginning of time, but that was never realistic basketball.

Same with the game speed. this matches the speed of a true NBA game. 6'9" 250-lb men cannot stop at full speed and change direction like they used to. That's realistic.

As for the passing thing, you can float a pass over the top of a defense. You aren't forced to pass in a straight line. Actually, you've been able to do that for years. Read the directions.
    I have the 360 version, and the only thing I think kind of stinks is: a 6'3" 180 lb PG with a 97 speed being run down by a 6'9 250 PF(not lebron) in a fast break scenario. This happens frequently.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    I have the 360 version, and the only thing I think kind of stinks is: a 6'3" 180 lb PG with a 97 speed being run down by a 6'9 250 PF(not lebron) in a fast break scenario. This happens frequently.
    The game has been like that for a very long time. Since at least 2k5 if I remember. I think the game is a lot of fun, but the physics of it don't lend themselves to a true sim at all.

I also hate the shot stick that you need to utilize for dribbling/shooting moves. It is confusing and time consuming to learn. This is a video game, not a musical instrument that. I shouldn't have to invest practice time to learn a spin shot. I use xbox, which has TEN buttons one could easily press to do a spin move, step back, floater, etc.

Yes I have played the tutorial, and the only shot I remember is the floater, which is dumb because it requires you to hold shot stick, or what I call the **** stick, away from the basket. Why would any shot besides a fade away have the user hold the stick away from the basket
    David "And One" West

There are many available versions of nba jam out there for cheap if you don't want to play something you need to learn....

Btw, using the shot stick to shoot is not a requirement. It adds a layer of control, but anyone can play the game just fine without it.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-07-2014 at 10:01 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    There are many available versions of nba jam out there for cheap if you don't want to play something you need to learn....

Btw, using the shot stick to shoot is not a requirement. It adds a layer of control, but anyone can play the game just fine without it.
    Can I shoot a floater or step back?
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Can I shoot a floater or step back?
    No, but you don't need to use those things to play the game.like I said, the shot stick adds layers of customization, just like it does to ballhandling, but you can go through the game without it and still win.

Floaters and transition passes are the only things I use the shot stick for. I haven't attempted a step back in years.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Has anyone tried NBA Live 14 this year? I am really just giving up on 2K until they do MAJOR server work and/or patching so the freaking game works. Wondering if the competition is even a playable game.

It's playable...a total joke but no online issue that I know of.

Watched it being played via twitch on launch day....oh my god it is laughable.

Is it possible to record the entire game for instance nba 2k game? Then upload it? Or is it just clips

I'm pretty sure you can record until your DVR has had it's fill. You just can't go back in time longer than 30 seconds

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Anyone play the park for nba 2k?

I've yet to try it.

It's actually pretty cool, u take ur created player to the park and u can play in 2v2 3v3 5v5 courts and u line up for next up if they are playing at the moment

I did not know that NBA 2K14 had a companion app. Downloaded it and it has a few things that can help earn VC. Every day you get a random amount of VC. Yesterday I earned 1000 VC. You can also pick the games which help you earn some VC as well. I do think I will be passing on anymore NBA 2K as long as they do VC. The grind to earn VC will just get worse because 2K will continue to try and push people to spend real money to get VC.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I did not know that NBA 2K14 had a companion app. Downloaded it and it has a few things that can help earn VC. Every day you get a random amount of VC. Yesterday I earned 1000 VC. You can also pick the games which help you earn some VC as well. I do think I will be passing on anymore NBA 2K as long as they do VC. The grind to earn VC will just get worse because 2K will continue to try and push people to spend real money to get VC.
    I haven't had any issues earning the VC it just takes time and getting achievements within the game to increase it faster

25. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Yeah I think they've made it better than last year. I've gotten my rookie all the way up to an overall 80 rating and I'm just around the All-Star break. And I like how you don't have to get stuck in the monotony of all these boring *** practice scenarios over and over again just to scrap and claw for some extra VC.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Yeah I think they've made it better than last year. I've gotten my rookie all the way up to an overall 80 rating and I'm just around the All-Star break. And I like how you don't have to get stuck in the monotony of all these boring *** practice scenarios over and over again just to scrap and claw for some extra VC.
    Same here a few days from the AS break and I'm at 82 the choices for some of the challenges are odd and turn u into a ball hog

Yeah, some of the in game goals are ridiculous and counter intuitive. One of the ones I despise the most is when the coach basically mocks you and says okay superstar that you think you are score the next 10 straight points, and then if you get an assist you are punished and fail that goal. That was stupid.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Now everytime I put a disc in it reads. "Try an Xbox one game, a music cd, or a movie on blu-ray or DVD"

I guess I will have to call Microsoft and get a replacement.

Only issues I'm having lately is it boots me to the main screen when playing some games. Hoping that new update helps with that and also makes it easier to accept and create games and party