Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Random Thoughts

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Xbox One Random Thoughts

Also the my career gameplay is so much better than 2k14 on last gen. I don't know what went wrong . I really enjoyed mycareer in 2k13 but the player awareness took a huge hit in 14. It is almost unplayable on 360. On next gen the gameplay is so fluid I find myself playing both mycareer and MyGm a lot and finishing games. In the past I would sim as much as possible.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Yeah, I really like the my career this year. Sounds like I need to start my GM bc that sounds great.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm very tough on 2K because I feel like their product has stalled since they had no competition. But with this version, I'm super impressed. Once the server patches up, this has the chance to be the best basketball game of all time.

I advise everyone who normally skips playing associations to give mygm a shot. You have control over EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY of the organization

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also the my career gameplay is so much better than 2k14 on last gen. I don't know what went wrong . I really enjoyed mycareer in 2k13 but the player awareness took a huge hit in 14. It is almost unplayable on 360. On next gen the gameplay is so fluid I find myself playing both mycareer and MyGm a lot and finishing games. In the past I would sim as much as possible.
    Yeah, 2K14 is almost as frustrating as 2K12 on the 360. Teammate AI is just the worst.

I catch all the Chris Smoove videos on YouTube for 2K14 on PS4. Game looks much more fluid. Still have some dumb teammate AI where they won't shoot when wide open. I really don't like how things are scripted into the game. That bothers me. Especially about earning a starting spot. If you are one of the top picks, you should freaking start right away. Scripting missed FTs, have a bad game just so you can have a cut scene is ridiculous.

Smoove had a game where his team was up 15 at the half. He didn't play but the last few minutes in the game and his team was down 12 and had to lead his team back. I can understand if he was in and they started to lose, but it was scripted that way. If his team wasn't up 15 at half, he might have been played sooner.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

For the sake of something to do I started a league online. Join if you want. League name; pacersdigest

Sports Logo Sports Logo

All current rosters so no draft.

Mood

Sports Logo

I don't see an option to join without an invite.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will be joining you guys shortly. My Xbox One has been ordered.

I got AC4 as well as I have been dying for anything that resembled a open world pirate game.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    except it was working just fine the last 3 days. It isn't a corrupt file.

I read a tip that if you press A exactly at the "17,000 hours" part of the intro, it works, and you'll be able to navigate the menus. Shockingly, it did.

2K says they have a patch coming this week that will address this.
    I'm now facing this same issue. I quit, launched again, pressed A as the video begins, then pressed it a few more times for good measure, and it didn't help. Am I supposed to press and hold A, am I supposed to only tap A one time and then wait?

*edit* I got it. I powered off my Xbox, and when I turned everything back on a couple minutes later, tapping A once and then letting the video finish without doing anything further seems to have done it.

Mood

This patch ****ed up everything. I can't get into MyGM. I am not going to even load my career I don't want to **** it up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

it appears to have fixed the menu freeze, though.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    it appears to have fixed the menu freeze, though.
    The game was perfect for me before the patch. MyGm and MyCareer were working perfect. Now every time I enter myGm it takes me back to the main menu. I just don't get it. They better fix it fast.

I am not going to be able to play the game until they patch this. Not a big deal, but I had some free time this weekend so it is kind of a bummer.

Just got notified mine is on the way. Anyone have Uverse set up with their system? How easy is the setup for the TV interface.

Mood

You just have to go through a few steps telling it what your equipment setup is, your provider, that kind of thing. You can have it so that turning on your xbox (by voice or otherwise) automatically has the kinect turn on your TV, your Uverse box, and if you have an audio receiver that too.

My provider isn't listed so I don't get the full experience, but I think in your case you'll likely be fine, and if so once it knows your provider, your specific box, and your local channel lineup, you can just use the xbox for everything, short of perhaps DVR functionality, but all the means is grabbing your usual TV remote for that part, which is what I do for all my TV stuff after I tell the Xbox to go to TV.

Thanks for the info. The media integration is what really sold me plus some of the exclusive games.

Cannot wait to sail the high seas and kill Templars.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Once the Xbox One gets deeper with apps and I guess the new Arcade? (Are they making a new Xbox Live Arcade specifically for Xbox One or no?) It'll be great.

I only have NBA 2K14 and Killer Instinct, and all the demos you can get right now, which is 4, but I still like it, even though it doesn't have a lot of content just yet.

Man, EA just like they always do for next gen systems the first year, mails it in. NBA Live sucks, the graphics don't impress, FIFA 14 looks the same as last gen, except for the crowd, and I've yet to play Madden 25, but I've heard it's not good. Again, I'm not surprised, usually sports games the first year on new consoles suck, although I'm pretty happy with 2K14.

I'll be excited to get some more games soon, though.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

I never did figure it out yet: Where are the demos?

Mood

Came home tonight and my replacement unit was on the porch. Haven't hooked it up yet but hopefully this one doesn't have the disc drive issue as well.

Last night I check UPS and the site tells me that my package is scheduled for early delivery today instead of on Wednesday. I checked it this morning and it still said it was at the UPS facility. I figured that is fine because it was early and then decided to check it now and it still is not saying it was out for delivery. I guess I will just have to be patient and get it tomorrow.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I never did figure it out yet: Where are the demos?
    Bing demos

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Anyone else have the problem on NBA2K14 where you've synced up another controller and tried to sign in your friend as a "Guest" or they sign in with their Xbox Live account and when you get to Quick Play on 2K, it just shows one Xbox Live account, and no guest.

Had to keep signing in and signing out and eventually, it recognizes the guest/Live account, but the Kinect seems to think that I'm the guest. It asks me, "Is this you?" and it has the guest tag above my head on the screen.

Really frustrating and I think that's more on 2K right now. Maybe the patch fixed it, IDK. But it's kind of pathetic it took almost 30 mins for my friend and I to finally be able to play a game on 2K. I mean we almost gave up.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Bing demos
    Yep. Just search "Demos" on Bing and it will bring up all 4 demos available.

I think Peggle 2 has a demo as well, but it wasn't showing up when I Bing'd demos a few days ago. Just NBA Live, FIFA, Zoo Tycoon and that Kinect game showed up.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Another complaint I have is that there is no onscreen indicator of your controller's battery life.

I haven't picked up a play and charge kit for my controller so I've just been using batteries. I have had my Xbox One for a few weeks and the controller is still running on the set of batteries that came with it, and I mean when it is idle it goes into low power mode from what I hear so your controllers will tend to last a while.

But it would be nice to have an indicator somewhere like there is with Xbox 360. Does the controller beep or something?

Just a small complaint, as it isn't really a big deal and I'm sure something like that will be added in an update later on down the road.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Anyone else have the problem on NBA2K14 where you've synced up another controller and tried to sign in your friend as a "Guest" or they sign in with their Xbox Live account and when you get to Quick Play on 2K, it just shows one Xbox Live account, and no guest.

Had to keep signing in and signing out and eventually, it recognizes the guest/Live account, but the Kinect seems to think that I'm the guest. It asks me, "Is this you?" and it has the guest tag above my head on the screen.

Really frustrating and I think that's more on 2K right now. Maybe the patch fixed it, IDK. But it's kind of pathetic it took almost 30 mins for my friend and I to finally be able to play a game on 2K. I mean we almost gave up.
    I dealt with that issue was really annoying I just turned the xbox off and back on and allowed the guest, idk if there was a patch but now all I have to do is turn on 2 controllers and it will let me play without signing in the guest

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

I agree the controller not having a battery icon anywhere is a bit annoying. I know it is supposed to have a much better battery life, but it would still be nice to know where it is.

The xbox is working great with my TV except it does not like the Uverse Home screen where you have to hit ok on the controller. I wish I could disable that through Uverse then it would be perfect. The voice commands are really responsive and once I figured out how to do some of them I only touch my uverse controller to go to my DVR and to bypass their home screen.

I only have AC4 right now and I wish they would have just dropped the Templar vs. Assassins stuff and gone full pirate. The pirate stuff is just fantastic and it is just awesome to swing across while being shot at and land on the deck of an enemy ship and start causing havoc.