Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interview with LBJ, he says most guys dislike him in the NBA

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Interview with LBJ, he says most guys dislike him in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that's completely bogus. Your opinion of Lebron would be completely different as he would be the best player on the team leading the Pacers to multiple championships. You'd love him.

Tons of people say that Reggie Miller was an arrogant so-and-so and yet we love him to death.
    we are all entitled to an opinion.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

I understand some degree of intrinsic dislike.

The guy was seemingly God’s gift to the game before he even played a minute at the pro level.

He was the #1 pick and was supposed to revitalize a down franchise and maybe even transform the image of a city.

Then he did excel on a personal level. Moreover, he elevated the play of all of his teammates, led them, even carried them, did win multiple individual awards including league MVPs, but still he made the naysayers scoff because the team did not achieve the level of success expected for someone of his historic stature.

Even more, the naysayers laughed and pointed out that he tended to shrink away from the big moment, playing less well in the postseason than was expected for an all-time great.

He was defiant, very confident in his abilities, demanding of his teammates, and yet he took responsibility for even relatively minor failures.

Then he did finally break through. He reached the pinnacle with his first championship ring. He followed that up with a run of even won more MVPs. His face was plastered everywhere, as an advertising icon. Plus he kept on leading his team to success.

But given all of that, I really think that it’s wrong to dislike Peyton Manning.

Or even Lebron James, for that matter.

Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 10-29-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    To those who dislike him for his supposed cockiness, to the extent that they'd be less of a fan if he were a Pacer, did you love that calm, reserved, ever-timid Reggie Miller?
    I understand what you are saying and I don't know...i guess there's just something I don't like.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Have to disagree, David West does not flop. He might sell some obvious contact that should be a foul like under the basket flailing his arms up on a shot, but he doesn't jerk his head back like you popped him in the face ala Lebron vs. the Pacers in 2011-2012. Nor doe he fall down on a screen when a smaller player runs into him. HE is actually wanting to screen the guy to get his man some space.
    0:34. He literally is acting like a grenade blast just went off in his face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNmFHoyO1D8
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have majorly simmered on Lebron. His flopping stinks, but it isn't like he pulled Rondo to the ground and hurt his elbow.

He has showed up in the playoffs. Game 6 of the finals shows that he is amazing. And the best player in the NBA.

At the moment I dislike Mike Dunleavy more than I dislike LeBron.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pingu For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tons of NBA players disliked Kobe when he was on top of the league, too. Before that, a lot of players disliked Jordan....

Hard to like a guy that outclasses you at every turn.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    He is good, he is awesomely talent, for me it's his arrogance and cockiness it's so bad for me that I used to like Wade but LeBron's arrogance has seemed to rub off on him and made him unlikable for me. Honestly I won't root for a team while LeBron is on it. IF he was a Pacer I'd have to stop following while he's there.
    No offense, but I'm pretty sure if Reggie Miller played for another NBA franchise you'd be saying the same thing about him back in the day. Get some perspective.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004