Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview with LBJ, he says most guys dislike him in the NBA

Default Interview with LBJ, he says most guys dislike him in the NBA

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...of-11th-season

Obviously, I hate linking to BR but this was actually a pretty good interview so...

This is what I took interest in:

So, liked or feared? Which does he prefer?

"No, it donít matter," James said. "Nope. It donít matter to me at all. Youíve got some guys in our league who donít like me; youíve got some guys who do like me. I donít know. I mean, everything that comes back to me, most guys donít like me."

Even now?

"Nah. Nah. When they place me with the Heat, no one likes the Heat. So thereís a lot of guys that donít like me. But itís nothing for me to really worry about too much. You donít have to fear me on the court, but respect me. Thatís all that matters to me. As long as you respect me, fear or like doesnít matter."
    Now, I get that LBJ is a pretty sensitive guy, so this is probably him being overly sensitive.. but I find it hard to believe one of the nicest guys in the NBA is disliked by most of his competition. He reminds me of Magic. He's a genuinely super nice guy.

Anywho, pretty good column.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Default Re: Interview with LBJ, he says most guys dislike him in the NBA

can't it be because he's a ****ing flopper even though he's the most gifted player on earth?

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He is good, he is awesomely talent, for me it's his arrogance and cockiness it's so bad for me that I used to like Wade but LeBron's arrogance has seemed to rub off on him and made him unlikable for me. Honestly I won't root for a team while LeBron is on it. IF he was a Pacer I'd have to stop following while he's there.
    Last edited by sportfireman; 10-29-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is good, he is awesomely talent, for me it's his arrogance and cockiness it's so bad for me that I used to like Wade but LeBron's arrogance has seemed to rub off on him and made him unlikable for me. Honestly I won't root for a team while LeBron is on it. IF he was a Pacer I'd have to stop following while he's there.
    Arrogance? Cockiness? Most superstar nba players have the same confidence in their games. Heck, Paul George called himself the best wing defender in the NBA, and most people wouldn't even call him a superstar yet (he might be on his way though).
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just love these types of statements.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

You serious?

On the article, maybe they hate LeBron just because they're not teammates with him. Watching some of the Cavs and Heat games from the past, I think that his teammates love to play with him.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    You serious?
    Yes. And I've been a Pacer fan since the 94-95 season. I just don't like him that much. I wouldn't dislike the team but I wouldn't follow as much as I do now.

Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I just love these types of statements.
    Why is that?

There are things that bug me about Lebron - mainly having to do with his habit of acting like a fragile ballerina, but I get why he does it. I don't dislike him. Wade, on the other hand, is super easy to dislike. He whines, flops, plays dirty, and seems to have no respect for other players, even sometimes those on his own team. That's not even to mention his treatment of his coach.

I wouldn't stop being a Pacer fan if LBJ joined, but I wouldn't be ecstatic like some. I'd have mixed emotions, I guess. I've always like our position as small-town underdog. That makes it truly awesome when they overachieve. If you have LBJ on your team, anything less than a championship is a let down. Where's the fun in that?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MnvrChvy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Of course most guys don't like him. They are jealous of what he has and want to be him.

To those who dislike him for his supposed cockiness, to the extent that they'd be less of a fan if he were a Pacer, did you love that calm, reserved, ever-timid Reggie Miller?
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 10-29-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes. And I've been a Pacer fan since the 94-95 season. I just don't like him that much. I wouldn't dislike the team but I wouldn't follow as much as I do now.
    I think that's completely bogus. Your opinion of Lebron would be completely different as he would be the best player on the team leading the Pacers to multiple championships. You'd love him.

Tons of people say that Reggie Miller was an arrogant so-and-so and yet we love him to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I think that's completely bogus. Your opinion of Lebron would be completely different as he would be the best player on the team leading the Pacers to multiple championships. You'd love him.

Tons of people say that Reggie Miller was an arrogant so-and-so and yet we love him to death.
    After copious amounts of alcohol, when shame is no longer an issue, I myself have been heard to sheepishly admit that I wouldn't hate Bill Laimbeer nearly as much had he played for my team.

Yeah, <player x> is an a$$hole, but he's OUR a$$hole...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Total opposite. Wade's cockiness, flopping and all around crybaby-ness absolutely affected Lebron. Wade has been doing that since his first ring. Lebron didn't do it to this extent until he joined the Heat.

With that said, who cares if Lebron is cocky, wth? Jordan came off as much more cocky, Kobe is up there as well. All three of them have earned it, so who really cares? He's respectful off camera by most accounts, so I don't have any problems with his confidence/arrogance/cockiness at all. The flopping, whining and referee pleading are another story.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

I honestly doubt it's arrogance. A majority of them are arrogant.

It probably is because he's the golden child. I don't think players are going to hate someone because they are jealous, but I think they might hate someone who is so protected by the league. Who gets things proclaimed about him (like greatest ever) without earning it. That type of thing.

But as a person? I mean, he seems like a guy who genuinely wants to be liked.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

I honestly like Lebron better than most other players on the Heat.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Wade is far worse. If anything, his attitude has rubbed off on LeBron. I actually liked LeBron as a Cav, but when he and Wade circumvented the trading and drafting mechanisms of the NBA, they damaged competition. It's really one reason why the NBA's inferior to the NFL.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Wade is far worse. If anything, his attitude has rubbed off on LeBron. I actually liked LeBron as a Cav, but when he and Wade circumvented the trading and drafting mechanisms of the NBA, they damaged competition. It's really one reason why the NBA's inferior to the NFL.
    How did they circumvent the trading and drafting? Lebron went to Miami as a Free Agent. There was no talk of trading Lebron prior to The Decision.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    can't it be because he's a ****ing flopper even though he's the most gifted player on earth?
    I don't get the astronomical amount of hate for flopping. Why wouldn't Lebron want to flop? A lot of players in the league do, including David West & Ben Hansbrough (lol). I'm not gonna say "Hey, everyone does it.", but I believe a lot people do. The method in which West and James flopped together at the exact same time last year in the ECF's was hilariously bad, and I don't see anyone saying "DAVID WEST IS A ****ING FLOPPER EVEN THOUGH HE'S THE 2ND TOUGHEST GUY IN THE NBA (ACCORDING TO THE ****ING NBA GM SURVEY)".

At the end of the day, players want to win the dang game. If a simpleton (the ref) is going to fall for any flop, I cannot blame ANY NBA player for taking advantage of this. If LeBron flops his way into the NBA Finals next year, good for him, because he took advantage of the damn rule book and probably got to shoot extra free throws because of it.

"You play. To win. The game!" - Herm Edwards. If flopping wins the game, that's part of playing. After all, all the world's a stage.
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

Why is that?
    Because he doesn't believe you for a second, nor does probably anyone else. I mean, maybe you're that hard core with what you will and won't tolerate, but... I think it's more likely you'd get over these feelings pretty quick.

I do respect Lebron's game, he certainly does things every game I see of him where I'm just like "Damn!" But he also does things every game that make me hate him as a player. The flopping, remember how DJ leveled him on a screen last year? The whining to the officials.

I simply loved it last year when Nazr put him on his *** in the playoffs with that 2 handed shove the chest. But even then they were speculating that he sold the call.

I dont blame him for leaving Cleveland, they didn't do enough to pair him with a legit #2.

Let not forget how his screwed Danny Granger by undercutting him on a the 3pt attempt in the playoffs that basically cost us the series.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 10-29-2013 at 11:38 AM.

The only issues I have with LeBron:

1) Flopping despite having more raw talent (talent he has successfully utilized) than anyone else in the NBA, AND getting as many favorable calls as basically anyone else in the NBA
    2) Pretends he doesn't do something questionable (like put his elbow in a guy's face) and then acts indignant when the other guy gives him **** for it
    3) Faking a bum ankle when he blows a layup/dunk
    4) The Decision spectacle

But... I still think overall he's a great guy. I find him overall likeable, but when he's in my team's way, I tend to focus on 1-3 and not think about the big picture as much.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy317 View Post
    I don't get the astronomical amount of hate for flopping. Why wouldn't Lebron want to flop? A lot of players in the league do, including David West & Ben Hansbrough (lol). I'm not gonna say "Hey, everyone does it.", but I believe a lot people do. The method in which West and James flopped together at the exact same time last year in the ECF's was hilariously bad, and I don't see anyone saying "DAVID WEST IS A ****ING FLOPPER EVEN THOUGH HE'S THE 2ND TOUGHEST GUY IN THE NBA (ACCORDING TO THE ****ING NBA GM SURVEY)".

At the end of the day, players want to win the dang game. If a simpleton (the ref) is going to fall for any flop, I cannot blame ANY NBA player for taking advantage of this. If LeBron flops his way into the NBA Finals next year, good for him, because he took advantage of the damn rule book and probably got to shoot extra free throws because of it.

"You play. To win. The game!" - Herm Edwards. If flopping wins the game, that's part of playing. After all, all the world's a stage.
    Have to disagree, David West does not flop. He might sell some obvious contact that should be a foul like under the basket flailing his arms up on a shot, but he doesn't jerk his head back like you popped him in the face ala Lebron vs. the Pacers in 2011-2012. Nor doe he fall down on a screen when a smaller player runs into him. HE is actually wanting to screen the guy to get his man some space.

Undefeated

Couple thoughts on this thread:
    1.) It's easier to hate Lebron for flopping (and for his whining about the refs) because he already get's a ridiculous amount of calls anyway.
    2.) Someone posted about not following the Pacers if we had Lebron. I actually understand. I think I'd find the team much more boring if we had Lebron, and therefore I would have less interest.
    3.) A lot of it probably is because he is on the Heat, a loathable team that already has the biggest ******* of a player in the NBA (WADE) and a convicted meth-head (Anderson, though I actually find him one of the more likeable Heat players).
    Danger Zone