Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 367

Thread: Granger out for three weeks

  1. #301
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,467

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George was icing his right shoulder after the last game. Icing is fairly typical.
    Paul George didn't have a fractured ligament in his shoulder, though. I realize that icing is fairly typical as it really helps (I have played club basketball myself). I'm just saying that Rose was icing his knee while Danny wasn't.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Pacers are 7-0(3 preseason games) without DG so far

  3. #303
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,993

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George didn't have a fractured ligament in his shoulder, though. I realize that icing is fairly typical as it really helps (I have played club basketball myself). I'm just saying that Rose was icing his knee while Danny wasn't.
    Danny probably should have been icing it. Raise that level of inflammation a regular basis is a good way to build up scar tissue.

  4. #304
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,467

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look at post 287. You disagreed with the statement that it's just as easy to win at the United Center.

    If they have home court, that means they will more easily beat us.
    You are right, I didn't express myself right. My point is that when we're playing the Bulls there are so many Bulls at BLF that any home court advantage that we could have is eliminated.

    Look, I agree with you that home court is important. It certainly helps to play in front of your fans. Last year's team was absolutely awesome at home but we struggled a bit on the road.

    But having the better team is very important as well. Both play their role. It isn't black and white.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  5. #305
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,993

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are right, I didn't express myself right. My point is that when we're playing the Bulls there are so many Bulls at BLF that any home court advantage that we could have is eliminated.

    Look, I agree with you that home court is important. It certainly helps to play in front of your fans. Last year's team was absolutely awesome at home but we struggled a bit on the road.

    But having the better team is very important as well. Both play their role. It isn't black and white.
    That's true. Question for you. If you think Lance should close, I assume you believe that he is better with the other starters. Is that correct?

    If so, why wouldn't you want the young man to get more experience working with those guys? I think you would even agree that the way he would play with the starters will have to be different, and that practice makes perfect, and that being perfect when a playoff game against Miami is on the line is critical.

  6. #306
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,467

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's true. Question for you. If you think Lance should close, I assume you believe that he is better with the other starters. Is that correct?

    If so, why wouldn't you want the young man to get more experience working with those guys? I think you would even agree that the way he would play with the starters will have to be different, and that practice makes perfect, and that being perfect when a playoff game against Miami is on the line is critical.
    I want Lance to close because I want my best players out there when the game is on the line.

    Also, the point has never been that I don't want Lance to play with the starters. I certainly do. I think that he is awesome alongside the rest of our starters. But we cannot play the starters for 48 minutes. At some point we have to use the bench. And I really don't think that Danny makes the bench a lot better. Lance, on the other hand, is capable of making the bench 10 times better.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  7. #307
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,993

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want Lance to close because I want my best players out there when the game is on the line.

    Also, the point has never been that I don't want Lance to play with the starters. I certainly do. I think that he is awesome alongside the rest of our starters. But we cannot play the starters for 48 minutes. At some point we have to use the bench. And I really don't think that Danny makes the bench a lot better. Lance, on the other hand, is capable of making the bench 10 times better.
    Here is where I disagree. I don't think Lance has that much impact, although he would help the bench more than Granger. I understand we needed to shore up the bench and we did that. I'm more concerned about improving the starters even more than they are right now because when that game is on the line, those bench players aren't going to be out there.

  8. #308
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,467

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is where I disagree. I don't think Lance has that much impact, although he would help the bench more than Granger. I understand we needed to shore up the bench and we did that. I'm more concerned about improving the starters even more than they are right now because when that game is on the line, those bench players aren't going to be out there.
    So, we found our disconnect. I believe that the starters are awesome and that they will keep being the best starting 5 of the league no matter what (especially if Paul George keeps playing as awesome as he is). We're talking about a starting 5 that have bested the starting 5 of the Miami Heat in two consecutive appearances. So, I really trust them a lot. The bench is a new unit, though. They have good talent but someone needs to get the most out of that talent. Lance is that someone.

    If our bench becomes great then we will afford to rest our starters more often because our bench will be good enough to expand our lead and keep a comfortable margin. Resting our starters more in the regular season is a good way to avoid injuries (major or minor) and keeps us fresh and healthy for the playoffs. On the other hand, if our bench struggles once again then our starters will need to play more in order to compensate and that can lead to nagging injuries when the playoffs roll around (everyone except Roy had some sort of injury during last year's playoffs even if it was minor).

    That's my idea, my friend. I can see that you disagree with it. That's fine. You are free to disagree with me since everyone is free to have their own opinions.

    We can now agree to disagree
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  9. #309
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,711

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anthem - I fully agree with that. I just don't agree with people attempting to claim that a wing is a wing is a wing.
    So Frank Vogel is wrong, and BnG is right.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  11. #310
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,322
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    We're 4-0 without DG and GHill for a couple games... Can't wait to see this team at full strength!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:


  13. #311
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're 4-0 without DG and GHill for a couple games... Can't wait to see this team at full strength!
    I think you're confused. Being 4-0 means changing nothing - keep Danny and GHill in street clothes for the whole season because it doesn't get better than this.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  15. #312
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,582

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    I sure hope this is the last of any nagging injuries for Granger once he's cleared to play for the season, cause with this team at full strength it's going to be nasty what we'll be able to do to teams. I couldn't really care less who plays when as long as we get them W's just win baby.

  16. #313
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Frank Vogel is wrong, and BnG is right.
    I'd be careful with this wording. Someone is likely going to throw this at you the first time you disagree with Frank later on.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  18. #314
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're confused. Being 4-0 means changing nothing - keep Danny and GHill in street clothes for the whole season because it doesn't get better than this.
    I was thinking about this with Hill out. Funny how Hill being in and out doesn't give the other starters vertigo and steer the team into a ditch. But if it were Danny...

    Almost as if we have a balanced, veteran, talented team or something.

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  20. #315
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,711

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be careful with this wording. Someone is likely going to throw this at you the first time you disagree with Frank later on.
    I get what you're saying, but I think in this instance it's a fact and not an opinion. I don't always agree with Frank's opinion, but when he say's something factual about his system, there's no a whole lot of standing room to disagree with him. And seeing as how it's his system....
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  22. #316
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,729

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was thinking about this with Hill out. Funny how Hill being in and out doesn't give the other starters vertigo and steer the team into a ditch.

    The team looked like it was being steered into a ditch without him in Game 5 against NY last year. I don't know if we would have been able to win that series had he missed the remainder of it.

    Now, in complete fairness, we have CJ Watson this year, who looks like he will be better than DJ. So once again, credit to Bird for another good move.

  23. #317
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,322
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you're confused. Being 4-0 means changing nothing - keep Danny and GHill in street clothes for the whole season because it doesn't get better than this.
    Remember 2009

  24. #318
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,891

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was thinking about this with Hill out. Funny how Hill being in and out doesn't give the other starters vertigo and steer the team into a ditch. But if it were Danny...

    Almost as if we have a balanced, veteran, talented team or something.
    Its not like G.Hill was leading the team in touches either...

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  26. #319

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    So Orlando Johnson and Solo Hill are combining for around 23 MPG. Will Granger eventually take all of those minutes?

  27. #320
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Orlando Johnson and Solo Hill are combining for around 23 MPG. Will Granger eventually take all of those minutes?
    Presumably, yes. We've also been playing PG and Lance a little more than we'd like due to need. If Danny is Danny, you'll be able to scale those guys back by a minute or two a game and keep them ready for the longer season.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  29. #321
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Wait... people are actually enjoying George Hill and Danny Granger being out?

    I guess we can expect our starters to play 40 minutes a night if that's a case.

    We clearly need them to share minutes. I actually like Mahinimi and Orlando Johnson but for whatever reason, are bench is a disaster and +/- shows that.

    Personally, I think you run a line up of Watson, Stephenson, George, Scola, Hibbert without much of a drop off from Hill and West. They're not as good but the other three on the court make up for it. Watson just needs to hit 3's and same goes for Scola, just needs to make baskets. Hibbert has the paint covered and George/Stephenson can do whatever. Then the 2nd unit of Hill, OJ, Granger, West, Mahinimi looks pretty good good to me. 1-4 can score...

    Obviously you don't change anything right now. You do start Hill over Watson but Granger comes off the bench and you see how he looks. But our bench has stunk up the 2nd quarter the past 2 games while our starters are amazing. We really need Hill and Granger to absorb some of the minutes imo. Last night the starters got a break outside of George and Stephenson. I recall George saying he was tired at the end of last season and having to play all those extra playoff games. It would be nice if we can give him a break some nights as opposed to playing 40 minutes. It's fine and all early in the season but I'm assuming it will take a toll over time. He's averaging 37.2mpg... we're giving him Lebron type minutes but the difference is, he doesn't have Lebron's physique. I get the feeling that George has to work harder to defend and he feels the fouls more than Lebron. Lebron even wines about physical play and fouls, and George has a thinner frame. If Lebron is whining about it, we don't need George taking a beating for 40 minutes a night imo. I can't wait till Hill and Granger are back so they can take some of the minutes. Our bench without them is, uh... something. With them, I think it's pretty good because Watson doesn't have to start and we'll add Granger(or Stephenson to the bench). Both improvements compared to them being out. The Watson and Scola additions are awesome and the return of Granger will be too.

  30. #322
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Presumably, yes. We've also been playing PG and Lance a little more than we'd like due to need. If Danny is Danny, you'll be able to scale those guys back by a minute or two a game and keep them ready for the longer season.
    I wish I had read this post before I posted.

    Seemed like most people are satisfied with Hill and Granger out. I completely agree that we need them to give PG and Stephenson breaks. It's early so they can do it for now but 82 games is a long season. And Hill/Granger are better than all of the people playing minutes in their place.

  31. #323

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Remember - this bench has only had 5 games together. Give them time to figure things out. They'll get better.

  32. #324
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait... people are actually enjoying George Hill and Danny Granger being out?
    No.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  34. #325
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,350

    Default Re: Granger out for three weeks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No.
    +1 and I'm one of the people that believes Lance should be a starter and Danny should come off the bench.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •