Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roll Call- who is going to the game tomorrow?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Roll Call- who is going to the game tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by thatch3232 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Picked up tickets from StubHub, making the drive from Indiana Wesleyan University even as a poor college student. Can't miss the opener!
    This poor college student has class til 6:15 in Muncie and no car to get there. I'll be watching from the dorm room. Will likely **** off the neighbors shouting at the TV/computer, I know I did during preseason. NO SHAME
    Forever struggling to convince myself "In Larry we trust"
    Writer at NoseBleedSectionSports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Do you all do this every game?
    A lot of games; almost always somebody is there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Also my first game as a STH. Can't wait!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Long time everyday lurker here. I'm making the 3 1/2 hour trip from southern indiana. I try to make it to 4 or 5 games a year. I'm ready for this season to start!

Tickets on stubhub are still starting at under $5 for anybody still thinking of going.

Mood

Yeah got two tickets for 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Ill be in section 208.
    me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Yeah got two tickets for 30.
    Ya, $31 even with stubhub fees. The price was the same as it was listed for. They used to add fees to the price.

Is tomorrows game expected to be a sell out?

Just got my tickets! I've never been to opening night before. I'm really excited!

Nice, I talked my sister and brother in law into going with me. Will be in section 3.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I will be there. Sth228

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Is tomorrows game expected to be a sell out?
    You can always go to ticketmaster and click on find tickets and pull up a map of Bankers Life and see exactly what tickets remain. Looks like probably 500 tickets remain. of those probably 150 - 200 are single tickets. if they sell out everything but singles they count those as sold and declare a sellout.

but there are still tickets left in most sections

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You should stop by and introduce yourself after the game; there will be a group of PD people meeting up. We usually do just outside the entrance to section 1/section 20 (the big entrance that looks into the arena as you see as you are walking up the steps after they scan your ticket). We're usually there by the big green trash scan to the left (as you're looking at the scoreboard), or if the drum line is banging away, we'll probably move down to the main lobby area, over by the windows that look down at the practice court (over by the elevators).

I don't know for sure, but I imagine you'll see me, Roaming Gnome, BillS and LadyAT, Peck (and Diamond Dave?), and since I know he's coming, I'm assuming RWB and MrsRWB as well.
    BUMPty Bump....Always cool to put a face with other PD friends.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

A lot of games; almost always somebody is there.
    I've always wondered if it was one of you guys that helped my GF out one night.

It was during the Heat series, I think (it was whatever game the performing dogs was at. not the frisbee dogs, but the ones who danced and did tricks that was off of America's Got Talent), but my GF left her phone in the women's bathroom during halftime. To make a long story short, after the game she went back into BLF to get her phone, and being totally clueless about Indy she forgot where I said I was going to park and wait. She went out the wrong doors and got confused, and her phone coincidentially died, so she asked a stranger standing out by the windows if she could use their phone to call me. We had already driven almost all the way to I69, and turned around to go back and get it when someone finally answered it, so the game had been over for 45mins to an hour. I know people stand out there hoping to get autographs, but she said the group was up closer to the building next to the windows so it's just something that's always been in the back of my mind.

We might stop in and say hello, depending on how the rest of this day goes and if we're in a hurry to just get home.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I've always wondered if it was one of you guys that helped my GF out one night.

It was during the Heat series, I think (it was whatever game the performing dogs was at. not the frisbee dogs, but the ones who danced and did tricks that was off of America's Got Talent), but my GF left her phone in the women's bathroom during halftime. To make a long story short, after the game she went back into BLF to get her phone, and being totally clueless about Indy she forgot where I said I was going to park and wait. She went out the wrong doors and got confused, and her phone coincidentially died, so she asked a stranger standing out by the windows if she could use their phone to call me. We had already driven almost all the way to I69, and turned around to go back and get it when someone finally answered it, so the game had been over for 45mins to an hour. I know people stand out there hoping to get autographs, but she said the group was up closer to the building next to the windows so it's just something that's always been in the back of my mind.

We might stop in and say hello, depending on how the rest of this day goes and if we're in a hurry to just get home.
    That's not something I was there for, if it was our group. Were these people outside, or inside? I'm referring to the windows that are inside.

Outside. Clears that up.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Mood

You should stop by and introduce yourself after the game; there will be a group of PD people meeting up. We usually do just outside the entrance to section 1/section 20 (the big entrance that looks into the arena as you see as you are walking up the steps after they scan your ticket). We're usually there by the big green trash scan to the left (as you're looking at the scoreboard), or if the drum line is banging away, we'll probably move down to the main lobby area, over by the windows that look down at the practice court (over by the elevators).

I don't know for sure, but I imagine you'll see me, Roaming Gnome, BillS and LadyAT, Peck (and Diamond Dave?), and since I know he's coming, I'm assuming RWB and MrsRWB as well.
    Twin related nausea tends to hit hard around the time that the game concludes - but if we get lucky and don't need to rush home we'll stop by!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

In there!