Thread: Down to 14, Hilton Armstrong Released

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Down to 14, Hilton Armstrong Released

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/hilto...trong-released

No surprise there, but figured it was some news.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

This must be a bad dream.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: Down to 14, Hilton Armstrong Released

So that leaves the veteran Rasual Butler as the remaining training camp invitee.

He may end up sticking.
    Last edited by RamBo_Lamar; 10-26-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

This surprised me a little. I thought he'd be good as a third string emergency center.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This surprised me a little. I thought he'd be good as a third string emergency center.
    Me too. If they were going to keep one or the other, I'd expect they'd keep Hilton and release Rasual.

For that matter, if they announced Hilton was cut, what are we to make of the lack of announcement for Rasual? Why's he still around? Most likely answer is "waiting to see if Danny's ok" but I'd still argue that we've got enough wing players even with Danny out.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Teams can dress 13; my roster would be 13. It's just the best way of saying "My team is on the floor."

So, dump Butler too.

If someone decent is available to them later, sign him to a 10-day contract to check him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Me too. If they were going to keep one or the other, I'd expect they'd keep Hilton and release Rasual.

For that matter, if they announced Hilton was cut, what are we to make of the lack of announcement for Rasual? Why's he still around? Most likely answer is "waiting to see if Danny's ok" but I'd still argue that we've got enough wing players even with Danny out.
    Yeah, I also expected Butler to go first. I would assume he was Danny insurance if we weren't already so stacked at the wing positions. I want to say I read something about him being a good personality fit with this group and another veteran for the group in the locker room. I think. Believe he is also on a nonguaranteed contract, so there's that.

If they really do plan on keeping Butler, I guess I would have expected them to keep both players.

Rasual is only hanging on until Danny is a go. Thank god. I thought he looked awful the one time I saw him in preseason.

I'd rather have kept Armstrong. I'd like one last big man on the roster.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Teams can dress 13; my roster would be 13. It's just the best way of saying "My team is on the floor."

So, dump Butler too.

If someone decent is available to them later, sign him to a 10-day contract to check him out.
    Yeah, this is where I'm at as well.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    So that leaves the veteran Rasual Butler as the remaining training camp invitee.

He may end up sticking.
    His highlights are exactly the same plays that danny would make. Their games are really similar.

Hilton Armstrong from what I remember had some behavioral issues in his time at New Orleans. Granted it may have just been one of those "young and dumb" situations. Butler is actually a really good locker room guy. Granted he still needs to be able to play but it could be a Lindsey Hunter type situation.

Just saw that Lou Amundson was released by the Clips. Don't understand why he can't get work, but I think he's a solid 3rd-string, spot minute big. Much prefer him over Armstrong.

I think Fes year before last year is solid.
    Where is he? Europe I assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I think Fes year before last year is solid.
    Where is he? Europe I assumed.
    Fes would have been a good project but his lack of maturity probably turned Larry Bird off. However, his comedy factor really made him a fan favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    Fes would have been a good project but his lack of maturity probably turned Larry Bird off. However, his comedy factor really made him a fan favorite.
    If Larry hadn't missed last season, I think Fes would have been back. There was an anecdote from his exit interview that Larry was leaving the office for the day and said he'd see Fes around.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Can't find the tweet now but last night someone quoted Romero Osby saying Pacers were interested after he was released by the Magic.