Thread: Actress Marcia Wallace (Ms. Krabappel on The Simpsons) has passed away

Default Actress Marcia Wallace (Ms. Krabappel on The Simpsons) has passed away

Never watched the Simpsons but I remembered her on Full House as Mrs. Carruthers.

'SIMPSONS' STAR MARCIA WALLACE
    DEAD AT 70
    EXCLUSIVE DETAILS
    Marcia Wallace -- who voiced Edna Krabappel on "The Simpsons" -- died last night in Los Angeles ... TMZ has learned.

Marcia's caregiver tells us ... the actress passed away at home with her family by her side. We're told she had been sick for the past few months ... but the caregiver couldn't go into specifics.

Wallace has been on TV since the 70's -- and spent 3 decades on various game show panels like "Hollywood Squares", "The $25,000 Pyramid" and "Match Game" ... as well as receptionist Carol Kester on "The Bob Newhart Show."

The actress was also a huge activist for breast cancer ... after being diagnosed with the disease in 1985.

She was 70.
    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/26/marcia...#ixzz2iqUhq2ug

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Actress Marcia Wallace has passed away

Poor Flanders, he lost another one.

Seriously though, RIP Marcia/Edna. She had a hell of a run.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

I had really not noticed, or realized, she was one of the voices on The Simpsons. I do remember her from the Bob Newhart Show. Like the rest of the cast, she was terrific.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had really not noticed, or realized, she was one of the voices on The Simpsons. I do remember her from the Bob Newhart Show. Like the rest of the cast, she was terrific.
    I altered the thread title a bit. I have a feeling most people didn't realize she was Ms. Krabappel.

Default Re: Actress Marcia Wallace (Ms. Krabappel on The Simpsons) has passed away

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/31/si...llace-tribute/

Fox and The Simpsons producers are making some changes to Sunday’s programming to pay tribute to the passing of longtime Simpsons actress Marcia Wallace.
    First, the network is replacing a repeat of American Dad with a classic Simpsons episode that focused on Wallace’s beloved character Edna Krabappel.
    The network will re-air the 16th episode of the show’s third season, “Bart the Lover,” which offered a sympathetic take on Bart’s cynical, lonely teacher. In the episode, Bart discovers Krabappel has posted a personal ad, so he begins writing her bogus love letters. After setting her up on a fake date, he spies her sitting by herself in the restaurant. When she’s still there hours later, he’s no longer amused by his prank and sets about trying to make things right. The episode won Wallace an Emmy Award in 1992.
    “Bart the Lover” will air as the 7:30 p.m. lead-in to an all-new Simpsons, titled “4 Regrettings and a Funeral.” The new episode will then conclude with a tribute card from the producers honoring Wallace. Also, the episode opens with an epic-length couch-gag spoof of The Hobbit (video here).
    Wallace died at age 70. “I was tremendously saddened to learn this morning of the passing of the brilliant and gracious Marcia Wallace,” producer Al Jean said in a statement earlier this week. “She was beloved by all at The Simpsons and we intend to retire her irreplaceable character.”