Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prediction time: how many games will Pacers win, how far will they go

Default Re: Prediction time: how many games will Pacers win, how far will they go

63 wins, title

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Prediction time: how many games will Pacers win, how far will they go

Oh, I see how it is. Didn't like my wins prediction thread!

OK

57 wins. Central champs. Finals appearance.

63 wins, which would be a franchise record, NBA champions
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

56 wins, Finals

58 wins...and that longggg awaited NBA championship banner.

Sports Logo

No idea about regular season wins. I believe that we are built for the post-season anyway.

As far as the playoffs are concerned I expect either a 6-7 game ECF series or a Finals appearance.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

53 wins. I think we start off mediocre, hit a hot spot around the ASB, hit another slow spot then go to the playoffs hot.

I think we see major steps forward from Hill, PG, and Roy. Small step back (usage wise) from West.

I think the Bulls, Nets would give us more problems than the Heat.

Another ECF appearance that goes 6-7 games depending on whom we play.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 10-27-2013 at 11:01 AM.

53 wins and a loss in the 2nd round. Not an indictment of the Pacers but a testament to how tough the East is at the top.

Next year, the Nets will be even older and looking to shed salary and the Heat may have broken up. The East will be much easier.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Win 50-55 games, make the ECF's. If Danny is healthy for the playoffs, I certainly think we can win the championship. If Danny isn't, I think getting to the ECF's and giving Miami a run for their money will be a fair bet.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

56 wins, lose in the second round to Miami or Chicago in 7.

Granger will have games where he looks like his old self and games where he looks awful. Around the trade deadline, there will be debates about whether the Pacers have enough to make it to the Finals and whether the Pacers should trade Granger. Granger ultimately doesn't get traded (though not for lack of trying, there just aren't any reasonable deals).

Paul George continues to improve and makes the All-Star team again but struggles to be the go-to guy on the perimeter and at the end of games.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

54 wins and lose in the conference finals

Mood

62 wins
    #1 in East
    4-1 over #8 CLE
    4-2 over #4 BKN
    4-2 over #3 MIA
    4-0 over HOU
    PG regular season and Finals MVP
    Roy DPOY
    DG 6th Man of the Year
    Lance wins MIP

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Drew46229 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

58 wins.

Lose in 6 to the Heat in ECF.
    "He's too little! He's too little! Hook his @ss he's too little!!" - David West

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

I see the Pacers having a chance to break both their franchise record for wins, which is 61, and their record for games won in a row which is 12.

Man. These are some heavy expectations.

We didn't even get 50 regular season wins last season, what makes you think we will reach 60+?

58 wins
    NBA Finals appearance

Sports Logo

What I hope - 56 wins and a NBA Championship.
    What I expect - 51 wins and an epic and hard fought 2nd round Playoff loss to the Bulls.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man. These are some heavy expectations.

We didn't even get 50 regular season wins last season, what makes you think we will reach 60+?
    Well, 60+ wins may be too optimistic....but I think that it's entirely possible that the Team improves on their previous record of 49 wins. The Team's roster and depth has improved, etc., etc., etc.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Well, 60+ wins may be too optimistic....but I think that it's entirely possible that the Team improves on their previous record of 49 wins. The Team's roster and depth has improved, etc., etc., etc.
    I could see the the Pacers winning 54 games this season and not be any better than last year. last year they were better than a 49 win team, they should have won more games, they were esentially a mid 50 win team, and I think that was proven in the playoffs. last year the team lost several games early in the schedule and lost too many close games - I don't expect that to happen this season.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

58-62 wins.
    ECF appearance.
    Finals? Flip a coin.

Roy will be an AS. (14/10/3blks)
    PG will be an AS. (22/8/5assists/2stls)
    Scola 6th man.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I see the Pacers having a chance to break both their franchise record for wins, which is 61, and their record for games won in a row which is 12.

I hope you are correct. That means I get to watch a win about 75% of the time. :-)
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

54 Wins. I have no clue what to expect as the final outcome of this season.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

58 wins and a trip to the Finals.

My heart says they will win it all but if they have to play the Spurs, I don't think they can beat them. The Thunder isn't nearly as scary without Harden and the Clippers have no answer defensively for the Pacers frontcourt.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

-58-61 wins
    -ECF's appearance
    -50/50 them getting to the Finals, but if they do I think they'll win it.

I'm just not extremely scared of the Spurs and I don't think that they'll be in the Finals anyway. Outside of Leonard, their core is pretty old, and their 2013 run reminds me of that last hurrah the Celtics had in 2012. The Spurs had by far the easiest playoff run of any Western champ in recent years. The Kobe-less Lakers were a pathetic joke. The Warriors were talented, but last year was their first postseason appearance, so they just didn't have the mental strength. The Grizzlies are a very good team, but they just don't have that elite vibe to them. The Spurs benefited from the fact that Kobe and especially Westbrook went down. I just don't see them making it out of the West if everyone is healthy. The Rockets and Thunder will wear them out. Remember in 2012 when the Spurs had a 2-0 lead on the Thunder, but then lost the series 4-2?

Compare the Spurs' run last year to what the Mavs did in 2011 when they took out the defending champ Lakers and a young super talented Thunder team. You can't control who is on the schedule, but the Spurs' ran through an extremely watered down conference.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

52 wins.

If that is good enough for 1 seed in the East, we go to the Finals.
    If not, we're out in the ECF.

I would suspect 52 wins will be #2 in the East.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh