Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it almost feels like Solomon Hill's super lackluster preseason has been given a pass. For a guy that was supposed to be an immediate upgrade to Sam Young he hasn't looked it, and it is hard to not look more productive than Sam Young.
    Solo's had his moments. He's not been a standout player, but then he's also been mostly error-free, which is the thing that is really impressive for a rookie. I'm very happy with what we've seen so far, and I expect him to keep improving. He's got the hunger.

Still think it's silly to talk about him starting, though. If everybody's healthy, he's our fifth wing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Just state your position and move on. Laugh it off and enjoy the discussion. Those who get so damned riled up by V. either don't have enough confidence that the truth will prevail over the noise or they don't have enough depth to listen to and consider opposing viewpoints.
    Or they're just tired of talking sports with somebody who goes out of their way to pick an argument.

"Move on" is right. The Ignore feature makes it easier.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Or they're just tired of talking sports with somebody who goes out of their way to pick an argument.

"Move on" is right. The Ignore feature makes it easier.
    I crafted my last sentence carefully. You are not one of "Those who get so riled up." I think you handle him fine.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

6. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Banta View Post
    ~UNLESS~ you have him on ignore. I think the point is you're forcing other people to read him when they are trying not to. That's not my own opinion, but I think that's why they say "stop quoting him!"
    Yeah, I understand that. I am indeed guilty of quoting him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Most people are smart enough to realize what he is saying is wrong. It isn't like we are talking about politics, where if you let a bad idea run rampant it could cause a huge amount of harm to everyone.
    Well, the subject that we discuss in this forum is a lot more trivial, of course. Still, propaganda is propaganda. He did persuade a lot of people in running DC out of town 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    So in your mind you're quelling the tide? He'd post so much more, except that you keep him from it?

He's just here to argue. Put him on ignore and hope he gets bored and wanders away.

Nah, I'm not quelling the tide. I'm just pointing out to the newcomers that his posts tend to lack proof. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    Just state your position and move on. Laugh it off and enjoy the discussion. Those who get so damned riled up by V. either don't have enough confidence that the truth will prevail over the noise or they don't have enough depth to listen to and consider opposing viewpoints.
    To be honest, I don't have enough confidence that the truth will prevail over the noise. After all, I do live in a country that voted a Neo-Nazi party in the Parliament two years ago.

I became a lot more pro-active than I used to be after that.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

I've read quite a few of his posts. Now, he does have a record setting pace on posting, so I'm sure I haven't seen them all. But I am certain I have encountered at least a few more abrasive and sarcastic posters than V. Perhaps it's the volume of posts.

Perhaps he does come here to pick a fight most of the time. IDK. I have seen him argue many times and raise quite valid points. One in particular was a nice post, with references, describing quite well what Danny Granger's medical issue is.

Perhaps the real issue is that many times I agree with his view and it doesn't bother me too much. In fact, I know several posters who seem to get respect around here who feel much the same and have acknowledged that he makes at least a few good points. JMHO.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Paul George's FG% has been EXCELLENT this pre-season (50.5%). It looks like he's picking up right where he left off against Miami when he shot near 50%. If he can keep his FG% around 50% this season, then good lord.......

There's no doubt that we have a budding superstar on our hands.
    The biggest improvement he showed against DAL was his ability to attack and finish when he has a plus matchup offensively. There's no way Monta Ellis (too small) Vince Carter (too slow) or Shawn Marion (too old) can guard Paul when he's aggressive and certain about what he's going to do.

If he can maintain that confident, attacking aggressiveness--he should have a very good year.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    The biggest improvement he showed against DAL was his ability to attack and finish when he has a plus matchup offensively. There's no way Monta Ellis (too small) Vince Carter (too slow) or Shawn Marion (too old) can guard Paul when he's aggressive and certain about what he's going to do.

If he can maintain that confident, attacking aggressiveness--he should have a very good year.
    Shawn Marion is not to old dude defies father time. He whooped our *** when they played at BLF he changed that game with his motor. Marion is still a plus defender he still is a good two way player imo.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    One in particular was a nice post, with references, describing quite well what Danny Granger's medical issue is.
    Yeah, I love those posts. Like the ones where he says that Granger can't be compared to David West, because West only tore his ACL and came back, but he can be compared to guys like Arenas, you know, who tore hisACL twice and couldn't come back.

Seriously, relying on V to give you medical insight is like relying Ms Cleo for the weather forecast. The only difference is, you agree with him so you overlook his blantant attempts to troll.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Shawn Marion is not to old dude defies father time. He whooped our *** when they played at BLF he changed that game with his motor. Marion is still a plus defender he still is a good two way player imo.
    He's certainly not a stiff, and his motor is still very active. But like with most active defenders, you can get him out of position rather easily, and he doesn't have the elite athleticism to get himself back into position like during his PHO days...IMO.

As for the game at BLF, our entire team played with dead legs it seemed. Everyone on DAL looked more fresh and active, and Marion stood out because his motor is always at 100. (Again my opinion)

Putting him in the same breath as Monta or Vince was probably a stretch, as he is still an above average defender; but I still think it should (and was) a matchup that Paul should win rather easily more often than not. My original post was more recognition to Paul and less of a knock against the man formerly known as The Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Yeah, I love those posts. Like the ones where he says that Granger can't be compared to David West, because West only tore his ACL and came back, but he can be compared to guys like Arenas, you know, who tore hisACL twice and couldn't come back.

Seriously, relying on V to give you medical insight is like relying Ms Cleo for the weather forecast. The only difference is, you agree with him so you overlook his blantant attempts to troll.
    What kills me is when people confuse trolling with "he just has a differing opinion so people don't like him." They're not the same concepts. There are many people here whose opinions differ from mine. I never react to them the same way I did to engaging with the troll.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post

No. It was actually a good post. Reasonable and provided links, with a minimum of snark. I looked for the post to link it, but the argument has wandered through so many different threads, I couldn't find it.

If it were representative of a typical vnzla post, there would be no problems.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post: