Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 186

Thread: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

  1. #151
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,579

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every darn thread, Please oh please use the ignore button. Nuntius and Dr. A, great posters, but stop quoting, pretty please, you can't win the good fight.
    If we just ignore him and do not argue against his ridiculous points then he will keep spreading propaganda.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That makes no sense. David West guarded Shumpert for the majority of the time.
    Sure...

    http://youtu.be/GMfZl9WmyJY

  3. #153
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,579

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are right that West guarded Copeland (as proved by this video) but I wonder if you understand why and how this video that you just posted disproves one of your earlier claims.

    We all remember that PG was tasked to guard Carmelo throughout the New York series. That's something that we can all agree on, right? That forced David West to guard New York's SF. Iman Shumpert was that player most of the mine as he was the one who started at that spot. JR Smith spent some minutes at that spot as well when he played with the two PG line-up. So, David West guarded both of them at times. Guess which other player that played SF for the Knicks West was forced to guard? That's right. The guy on the video. Copeland.

    Now, will you admit that your earlier claim that Copeland played PF at New York and thus Woodson's love for JR didn't play into Copeland's minutes was wrong?

    I'm waiting.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  5. #154
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless Chris Copeland goes off for us in the playoffs like he did against us, he has looked terrible up until this point. The one thing we signed him to do, he hasn't done.
    I'm assuming he is like most shooters and that he will go through hot streaks and cold streaks.

  6. #155
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we just ignore him and do not argue against his ridiculous points then he will keep spreading propaganda.
    You're spreading the propaganda to everyone who has him on ignore for said propaganda.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  8. #156
    Member VideoVandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Coatesville, IN
    Posts
    352

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Team looked great tonight, well at least the 2nd half looked great, felt like Pacer basketball tonight with the shut down 2nd half D. PG just ready to have an even bigger break out year than last year was. Scola and Watson great signings looking like they will be huge assets to the bench. Lot of positives the last few preseason games that make the Pacers look like they are on the right track now headed into the opener. Couple of concerns though, firstly I hope that the lack of rebounding is just because players aren't taking the preseason seriously and it does not turn into a trend because elite rebounding is a huge reason we were as successful as we were last year. Copeland......sigh....what to say he is quickly looking like a guy that may fall right out of the rotation. With as awful as Copeland has looked this preseason and most of the negative feedback getting thrown his way, it almost feels like Solomon Hill's super lackluster preseason has been given a pass. For a guy that was supposed to be an immediate upgrade to Sam Young he hasn't looked it, and it is hard to not look more productive than Sam Young. With that said though even if Copeland and Hill don't make much of an impact this season it is safe to say the bench looks way more productive and in better hands already thanks to Scola, Watson, Granger/Stephenson. It is going to be a fun year glad preseason is over.

  9. #157
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,579

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're spreading the propaganda to everyone who has him on ignore for said propaganda.
    Hmm, I haven't considered this possibility. You have a point.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  11. #158
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,218

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reggie Evans, Kenyon Martin, Birdman, kaman, Hickson, JO, Donatas M, Jason Smith,Splitter, Nick Collison(I love this guy) and many others.

    Even Mohammed for Chicago was huge while Noah was hurt.
    However, just on the defensive side (where we really need him) he is competitive as a top three.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  12. #159
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,218

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we just ignore him and do not argue against his ridiculous points then he will keep spreading propaganda.
    I'm surprised by the inability by some here to deal with opposing positions.

    V. doesn't have "ridiculous" arguments and its not "propaganda." He makes some pretty good points, but they are usually negative (glass half full) and they are often delivered with a lack of grace and tact.

    All you have to do is respond to his point. We all know he is an indomitable pit bull who will never (or hardly ever) admit your point is correct and will always get the last word in. So what? The truth is stronger than someone's tour de force personality.

    Just state your position and move on. Laugh it off and enjoy the discussion. Those who get so damned riled up by V. either don't have enough confidence that the truth will prevail over the noise or they don't have enough depth to listen to and consider opposing viewpoints.
    Last edited by McKeyFan; 10-26-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  14. #160
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,767

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    It's not like vnzla is always negative. He was still super high on PG when many were frustrated and ready to give up on him. Vnzla watches the game and gives his opinions. A lot of the stuff he says is controversial, but it often turns out to be right. People get way too worked up over him.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  16. #161
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,579

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised by the inability by some here to deal with opposing positions.

    V. doesn't have "ridiculous" arguments and its not "propaganda." He makes some pretty good points, but they are usually negative (glass half full) and they are often delivered with a lack of grace and tact.

    All you have to do is respond to his point. We all know he is an indomitable pit bull who will never (or hardly ever) admit your point is correct and will always get the last word in. So what? The truth is stronger than someone's tour de force personality.

    Just state your position and move on. Laugh it off and enjoy the discussion. Those who get so damned riled up by V. either don't have enough confidence that the truth will prevail over the noise or they don't have enough depth to listen to and consider opposing viewpoints.
    I don't have any problem with opposing positions. Everyone is allowed to have his own opinion and I have never attacked anyone because his opinion disagrees with mine. Take Sollozzo for example. We disagree on almost everything and he tends to have similar opinions with Vnzla. Have I ever said anything negative about him? No. Because he is just stating his opinion. He doesn't claim that he is opinion is fact and he doesn't attempt to spread propaganda either.

    And yes vnzla spreads propaganda. He has a certain agenda that he is trying to push through his posts. That's clear as day when he keeps denying all the evidence that is presented to him. I doubt that he believes most of the stuff that he's writing. He could make an excellent politician.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  18. #162
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,579

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not like vnzla is always negative. He was still super high on PG when many were frustrated and ready to give up on him. Vnzla watches the game and gives his opinions. A lot of the stuff he says is controversial, but it often turns out to be right. People get way too worked up over him.
    My friend, it doesn't even have to do with negativity. He isn't the only negative poster on this board.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  20. #163
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,218

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't have any problem with opposing positions.
    My post wasn't directed at you. You haven't put him on ignore. You may be annoyed, but you are still in a discussion.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  21. #164
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,603
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    I'm sorry but anyone who things people are completely fed up with V just because he has an opposing view needs to seriously look at their reading comprehension. Defending the undefesivable just makes good posters look bad.

    He knows exactly what he's doing and he throughy enjoys it. There is no way possible for him not to know, nobody is that clueless.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  23. #165
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,036

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not like vnzla is always negative. He was still super high on PG when many were frustrated and ready to give up on him. Vnzla watches the game and gives his opinions. A lot of the stuff he says is controversial, but it often turns out to be right. People get way too worked up over him.
    He's not always negative and he's usually right more than he is wrong. I bet if he changed his avatar it would help...

  24. #166
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,579

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My post wasn't directed at you. You haven't put him on ignore. You may be annoyed, but you are still in a discussion.
    Ah, I see.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  25. #167
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    I'll echo what Nuntius and Hoop said. If you think our problem is with his opinion, you just don't get it.

  26. #168
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,818

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    These last three games have been much more in line with my expectations for this team. The
    is roster is just too talented, deep, and experienced to lose a lot of games.

    Here's hoping the Pacers use their impressive performances in these last three preseason games to start strong in the regular season.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  28. #169

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread



    Paul was on another level last night. Unstoppable on defense, unstoppable on offense, so smooth in transition, and just completely took over the game in the 3rd/4th. If he plays like that 75% of the regular season he's a top five player.

  29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:


  30. #170
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,767

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Paul was on another level last night. Unstoppable on defense, unstoppable on offense, so smooth in transition, and just completely took over the game in the 3rd/4th. If he plays like that 75% of the regular season he's a top five player.

    Paul George's FG% has been EXCELLENT this pre-season (50.5%). It looks like he's picking up right where he left off against Miami when he shot near 50%. If he can keep his FG% around 50% this season, then good lord.......

    There's no doubt that we have a budding superstar on our hands.

  31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  32. #171

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    just from watching the clips, the team looked much better than they did earlier in the preseason. in bits i saw from the houston game in manilla and another game against the bulls, the pacers all looked like they were running underwater as they all looked so damn slow. they were looking much more in form from what i saw in those clips against dallas. that is nice to see.

  33. #172
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,482

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George's FG% has been EXCELLENT this pre-season (50.5%). It looks like he's picking up right where he left off against Miami when he shot near 50%. If he can keep his FG% around 50% this season, then good lord.......

    There's no doubt that we have a budding superstar on our hands.
    Paul averaged about 2.8 points per made field goal last year (not exactly a perfect science here) but basically had he shot 50% he would have averaged 20 PPG or more easily.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  35. #173

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we just ignore him and do not argue against his ridiculous points then he will keep spreading propaganda.

    ~UNLESS~ you have him on ignore. I think the point is you're forcing other people to read him when they are trying not to. That's not my own opinion, but I think that's why they say "stop quoting him!"

  36. #174
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,561

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we just ignore him and do not argue against his ridiculous points then he will keep spreading propaganda.
    Most people are smart enough to realize what he is saying is wrong. It isn't like we are talking about politics, where if you let a bad idea run rampant it could cause a huge amount of harm to everyone.

  37. #175
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Mavs-Pacers Preseason game thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we just ignore him and do not argue against his ridiculous points then he will keep spreading propaganda.
    So in your mind you're quelling the tide? He'd post so much more, except that you keep him from it?

    He's just here to argue. Put him on ignore and hope he gets bored and wanders away.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •