Thread: Pacers Dead Last In Rebounds Per Game

Default Pacers Dead Last In Rebounds Per Game

I was bored and just browsing through the stats at NBA.com. I knew the Pacers were having some rebounding woes, but to be dead last is inexcusable. That should change with the people now back and still coming back, but when the Pacers are getting virtually no rebounds from the 1-2-3, then something needs to be ignited.

Default Re: Pacers Dead Last In Rebounds Per Game

The stat to look at is rebound %. Not total rebounds. The suns for example aren't a good rebounding tame and yet their total rebounds are rather high that is becaue they put up a lot of shots per game.

Again I come back to Magicrats picture. I wish I knew how to post that here.

Look at the position on the floor for everybody.

Also I do think Jackson coming back will help us with this as early in the season he was grabbing rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Also I do think Jackson coming back will help us with this as early in the season he was grabbing rebounds.

That "picture" you mention might explain why the Pacers aren't a good offensive rebounding team, but that has nothing to do with defensive rebounding.

Off topic: Peck, that "picture" that you hate is what I callgood floor spacing and it worked rather well last night

No offense but your nuts.

Last night was the exact opposite of that picture, we had player movement & ball movement.

Very few times did we see an entry pass into the post while everybody stood around & ball gawked while Jeff sumo wrestled with Yao & Jermaine had to have ninjitsu battles to get his shot off.

There were drives, fake drives, multiple passes, entry passes to the post, passes out of the post.

Actually I'm going to stop right there because we are not giving J.O. enough credit for his passing last night. Man that was outstanding.

Actually I'm going to stop right there because we are not giving J.O. enough credit for his passing last night. Man that was outstanding.
    YES!

I am actually amazed he was only credited with 3 Ast, sure it was more, but his passing was indeed outstanding, as was his defense, he has truly become a very very great player, one that easily deserves to be called a superstar.

His dominance was visible in all aspects of play, even driving through 4 defenders and still getting the shot of and often making it, kicking the ball out to the open player in all manners, it was an outright pleasure to watch.

Last night indeed movement was a fact, players moved without the ball and that is what makes the ball movement possible, once a defender came downto help the ball was on the way out again and circled to the open man without a problem.

Tins defense was good last night as well, but JO showed that he is also an awesome defender when he is told to use some of his energy on it, Tins as PG was all the difference in the world, sorry but (again) they made runs whenever AJ was in, who needed continuous help to get the ball accross the timeline and then looked completely lost with it, dumping it as quickly as possible to the nearest player, where Mel Mel ws hopping happily around as if he had no cares at all in this world and was on top of it all and finally the way he blasted by his defenders at will with fast change-ups was amazing.

Polly; what a defender! no stats on his line, but he did play more minutes then Jeff for a reason and he was in till the bitter end until he fouled out. I feel he did a great job on containing Jao.

And untangibles, JO had a lot of them last night, things that wont show up in his impressive stat-line; he was moving lots without the ball pulling defenders to him all over the court, and when not covered punishing them hard for not doing it.
    He truly makes the Pacers a very much better team, just think of that same team without him losing game after game, talking about MVP material!

Might not have been the best game but it sure as hell nudged my hopes for success this season up a few ticks.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought the Jones boy's defense was awesome last night. TMac didn't have many points in the 3rd quarter against James Jones.

Also has anyone else noticed that if JO had more games he would be 4th in the league in scoring at 26.9 ppg? The guy has been amazing.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I think a lot of stats you can just throw out the window because this season's been so *****ed up. For instance, Jamaal's turning the ball over more than he ever has, but I'm not holding it against him, due to the circumstances.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

The Pacers are 26th in the league in offensive rebounding percentage, and 18th in the league in defensive rebounding percentage.

Yes on JO's passing.

The Pacers are a much better team when JO passes well.... and looks to pass... he'll get it back 80% of the time anyway... in a better position.

Also if he's passing well it makes the double/triple teams a tad hesistant which is beneficial for JO's post game.

Is it because we aren't grabbing the ball after missed shots?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

You'll like this......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I can't seem to get whatever it is to load M.R.

I can't seem to get whatever it is to load M.R.
    How about this?

http://prometheus.able-nl.com/~magicrat/offense.wmv

Yes, that worked.

At least the floor spacing was good.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays
    Is it because we aren't grabbing the ball after missed shots?
    Not only are we not grabbing the ball, we are now knocking it in the other team's basket.....