Thread: Colts Marketing

Default Colts Marketing

I see Blue was in rural elementary schools in Lawrence county this week. He was promoting exercise (I think) but obviously having the Colts mascot in front of these kids doesn't hurt with brand loyalty either.

The Pacers could use some lessons from the Colts when it comes to marketing.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts Marketing

The Pacers could take a lot of lessons from a lot of places when it comes to marketing. Homeless bums at intersections have better marketing.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Pacers used to do this type of stuff. I forget which year it was, but Boomer came to my elementary back in the day.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They used to reach out to fans away from Indy too and they no longer do that. I remember the era before the brawl, a few times a year there would be charter bus trips from Terre Haute for games where there would be 5 buses. The trips were arranged by Terre Haute First National Bank, but a friend at the bank said they had backing from the Pacers through ticket discounts and would receive items from the team to give to each person on the trip. Now, to be fair, the reason they no longer do this type of thing is that Terre Haute First dropped them like a hot potato after the brawl. Nobody wanted to be associated witht he P's back then.