Thread: Jazz announce signing of Jamaal Tinsley

Default Jazz announce signing of Jamaal Tinsley

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...amaal-tinsley/

Jazz announce signing of Jamaal Tinsley

In a move that has been somewhat expected for a while now, the Jazz announced the signing of free agent point guard Jamaal Tinsley on Saturday.

Trey Burke was of course supposed to be the starting point guard in Utah, after the team selected him with the ninth overall pick in this summer’s draft. But a fractured finger suffered in the preseason changed those plans, which made the signing of a veteran like Tinsley a necessity.

The Jazz have very few other capable point guard options on the roster in the traditional sense, and Tinsley’s 10 years of NBA experience at the position will help make the team go while Burke makes his way back.

Burke’s timeline was initially believed to be 8-12 weeks, but was quickly updated to 4-6 weeks. He’ll be re-evaluated by the team three weeks after the date of his surgery.

Tinsley, meanwhile, played in Utah in each of the past two seasons, and should have no trouble stepping right in and running things offensively. He started 32 of the 66 games he appeared in last year, while averaging 3.5 points and 4.4 assists in 18.5 minutes per game

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Jazz announce signing of Jamaal Tinsley

Has Tinsley had any problems whatsoever since leaving the Pacers?

You know, I haven't heard anything about him in years. I suppose he's finally realized that being a thug and a selfish jerk just wasn't worth the trouble.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has Tinsley had any problems whatsoever since leaving the Pacers?

No, but he hasn't had any success on the basketball court either......

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I wouldn't have imagined Jamaal Tinsley still being in the NBA at 35 years old.

Just a thought - from that brawl team, how many of our platers are still in the NBA?

Tinsley
    Jermaine
    Artest

Just a thought - from that brawl team, how many of our platers are still in the NBA?

Tinsley
    Jermaine
    Artest

James Jones

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

I'm glad to hear Tinsley signed with the Jazz. That means he is far away from here.

If the basketball thing doesn't work out for him, he could always be a custodian at the arena.

Have dustpan will travel.

Not to my knowledge. If his stream of tweets, pics, and the opinions of the Jazz are anything to go by, he's matured. He stays in shape and he's always been a solid guy.

Wish him well.

He had problems in Memphis. Hollins thought he was too vocal given his role, so they cut him.

Hopefully his demons are behind him and he can contribute positively to a team...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by danman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to my knowledge. If his stream of tweets, pics, and the opinions of the Jazz are anything to go by, he's matured. He stays in shape and he's always been a solid guy.

Wish him well.
    Yeah. He was interested in joining a team with a chance to win a ring before his time is up, but hard to pass up a chance to get big minutes on what should be a pretty solid Utah team.

Mood

Tinjury has been back in the league for a few seasons now. After a year in China. Supposedly, in an article i read lashyear, he is a positive example to the youngsters and UTA likes him for that. I do remember that last year in a preseason game, he had like 14-15 assists and 0 points. He averaged 18mpg for 66 games last season and average 4+asg. Which ain't bad for a back up.

All of the above is a good thing, and I am happy for UTA. But, he remains forever my least favorite Pacer player.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

"Keep getting dem checks Jamal"