Thread: Paul George SC conversation

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    "We want Miami"

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Paul George SC conversation

I love his confidence and I really hope he shows that he is a top 10 player this year. Also a championship would be nice.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

I think he nailed this. Love how his personality has developed. Seems very comfortable with himself. "You know what play it is!"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The dunk was awesome but I'm guessing that five years from now given the same question on the series he would have said that the clutch three that sent game one into overtime is his most memorable shot. Or perhaps his clutch three freethrows that gave us a one point lead in overtime was his finest moment of that series.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31 clutch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The dunk was awesome but I'm guessing that five years from now given the same question on the series he would have said that the clutch three that sent game one into overtime is his most memorable shot. Or perhaps his clutch three freethrows that gave us a one point lead in overtime was his finest moment of that series.
    Probably not because the Pacers lost that game. If they had won he probably would've said one of those moments from that game. He let LeBron run straight to the hoop for a game winning layup. It's hard to separate that from the great moments that happened before it. That dunk on Birdman was his arrival moment. He'll always remember that moment.

You could tell that he really has grown in confidence from that series. That confidence was on full display in that interview. I loved it. If he can play like he did in that series for the majority of the season and playoffs I like the Pacers chances to win it all.

Just a reminder of how good he was during the playoffs:

Playoff average 19.2 ppg ; 7.4 reb ; 5.1 ast
    Against Miami: 19.4ppg ; 6.0 reb ; 5.1ast ; 44% 3pt.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

That's the thing he said, "you know what it is" and the interviewer assumed he was talking about the dunk. I'm not so sure. PG has thrown down plenty of dunks and I'm not sure he'd feel one dunk felt better than any other.

That shot PG made? Biggest shot of his career. Easy. Massive, I find it hard to believe he doesn't think about that shot more than any other play...
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree. the dunk was a defining confidence booster that has been shown 30 times on highlight reels, but it was two points in midgame. The three at the end of game 1 could have won the game for us just as the 3 FT's should have won us the game. Unfortunately, the very next play was overplaying LeBron on the game winner which was shown even more than PG's dunk. Just imagine if we won that game and won the series how Paul would be viewed after being clutch during that game.

The fact that Paul now has sportscenter reps here to interview him and only him personally shows how much respect Paul has now, I think in the media's eyes, they think he will be a superstar this season and hopefully that comes true

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think he remembers the dunk best because it absolutely destroyed virally. And It was a fantastic, awe inspiring, bone-rattling dunk, which honestly will probably end up on the top ten plays of his career on YouTube.

But, I think looking back, particularly if he wins a chip or two and some individual accolades, it will be the 3 for the tie and free throws for the lead. That's because they did lose. If that's not a water shed learning moment I don't know what is.

All that being said, I love his confidence, his impending superstar status on a contending team and easy manner in front of the camera. It's strange, I don't know if I've witnessed this much growth out of a player, both on the court and maturity off the court (I'd also throw Oladipo in with that, but I'm biased). It's certainly fun to be a Pacers fan right now.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

~Ahmad Rashad~

His confidence and swagger is just what he needs
    "We want Miami"

Unfortunately, the very next play was overplaying LeBron on the game winner which was shown even more than PG's dunk.
    That is the play he should remember the most.....and resolve to not let it happen again. That will be the mark of improvement he should strive for.

If LeBron doesn't get that easy layup to win game 1, we would have won that series. That's got to be in his head and Vogel's as well. He should remember the dunk the most, that was what earned him the most respect.