Thread: Watching/Listening to Games from Muncie?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Watching/Listening to Games from Muncie?

Hey all,

Just started up school at Ball State this fall and when preseason rolled around I found that 1070/107.5 may not be an option for me this season. I can't get either radio station on my personal radio, and broadcasts are blacked out when I try to listen online. There is a FS Midwest channel on the cable here, but I'm skeptical that it will show all/any Pacer games.

Anyone with experience up here that can offer anything? I have found a website I can stream games from, but good Lord I had to deal with Neil Funk for both the Chicago games, don't think I can bear to listen to that again. Jokes aside, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." Larry Bird

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Watching/Listening to Games from Muncie?

FS Midwest SHOULD show FS Indiana broadcasts in the state. You have to remember that FSI is just a sub feed of FSMW.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

There is probably also a local radio station that will carry Pacers games. Of course keep in mind most of the smaller local stations will show high school football, hs basketball and other local events before the pacers, so maybe half the games are usually on the local station.

edit: according to this. Muncie radio station 1340 AM, is part of the network. Although looking at the list, I wonder how up-to-date it is. Poplar Bluff, MO has an affiliate. (dounbt they still do now that Tylker is no longer a Pacer)

http://www.nba.com/pacers/media/radio_affiliates.html
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 10-25-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

If you sign up for NBA all access you can stream the radio broadcast for free

http://www.nba.com/allaccess/

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by mitchbr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey all,

Just started up school at Ball State this fall and when preseason rolled around I found that 1070/107.5 may not be an option for me this season. I can't get either radio station on my personal radio, and broadcasts are blacked out when I try to listen online. There is a FS Midwest channel on the cable here, but I'm skeptical that it will show all/any Pacer games.

Anyone with experience up here that can offer anything? I have found a website I can stream games from, but good Lord I had to deal with Neil Funk for both the Chicago games, don't think I can bear to listen to that again. Jokes aside, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    If you're in a dorm, you get FSI. It's channel 53, and listed as MSN, but it's FSI. http://cms.bsu.edu/campuslife/housin.../comcastlineup

If you're not in a dorm, it depends what TV provider you go with. Comcast will still be channel 53. UVerse is channel 749 and 1749 for HD. Dish is something like 449, 494, something like that. I don't know about DirectTV or any of the others.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Wake me up next season.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    edit: according to this. Muncie radio station 1340 AM, is part of the network.
    That is WXFN in Muncie which carries Fox Sports Radio. It can also be heard on 102.9 FM.

http://wxfn.com/

Tune into 102.9FM & 1340 Fox Sports Radio for expert and entertaining commentary,
    updates from SportsCenter 3x an hour, and coverage of great games from the NFL, MLB, NBA,
    and BCS! It is your home for the Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers, Cincinnati Reds, IRL Racing,
    Brickyard 400, IZOD Indycar Series, and the Indy 500!
    Also featuring local events such as Muncie
    South and Muncie Central High School Football and Basketball, BSU Game Days, and Fields of Faith.
    Check out our great line-up of shows:
    Yep, this looks like a good bet!
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RamBo_Lamar For This Useful Post: