Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 176 to 187 of 187

Thread: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

  1. #176
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then what was your point in mentioning Brady's record vs PManning?
    No point...hence why you need to pay attention....its a simple fact...if i had a point or opinion...i wouldve stated such...but i didnt...i simply interjected a fact into the conversation...

  2. #177
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your not very good at comedy.
    You're*
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  4. #178

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Brady is better than Peyton, because Brady has beaten Peyton more. Eli isn't better than Brady, even though Eli has beaten Brady more. Consistency in logic, FTW.
    1) Because they play some other games, quite a few of them actually!

    2a) In those other games, Peyton and Brady show that they are among the elite quarterbacks of all time.

    2b) Eli on the other hand shows that he's wildly erratic, with a few very good seasons, with a lot of so-so seasons, and with an number of absolutely horrid seasons in which he throws INTs at an alarming rate and gives him team no chance to win, like the season he is having now. Crazily he even has some overall so-so seasons where he gets extremely hot at the end and his team squeaks into the playoffs in the last few weeks as a low seed and crazily he carries that hot streak throughout the playoffs.

    3) When two but not three of the quarterbacks in question have passed the smell test as to their total body of work, it is quite reasonable to consider their head-to-head results, particularly when they have had comparable overall success (one leading his team to the most number of regular season wins in a decade in NFL history, the other leading his team to the most number of total wins in a decade in NFL history, with both on target to be in the top 3 of so of just about every career QB stat imaginable).

    It's not really that hard. Head-to-head is a consideration in cases where the total body of work is a close call. Eli vs. Peyton or Eli vs. Brady is not a close call, at all.

    Philip Rivers vs. Peyton is not a close call at all either, and I'd guess (without looking it up) that PR has the head-to-head advantage, or that it's nearly even. Yet they are not, IMO, having similar careers.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 10-24-2013 at 01:40 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  6. #179

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) Because they play some other games, quite a few of them actually!

    2a) In those other games, Peyton and Brady show that they are among the elite quarterbacks of all time.

    2b) Eli on the other hand shows that he's wildly erratic, with a few very good seasons, with a lot of so-so seasons, and with an number of absolutely horrid seasons in which he throws INTs at an alarming rate and gives him team no chance to win, like the season he is having now. Crazily he even has some overall so-so seasons where he gets extremely hot at the end and his team squeaks into the playoffs in the last few weeks as a low seed and crazily he carries that hot streak throughout the playoffs.

    3) When two but not three of the quarterbacks in question have passed the smell test as to their total body of work, it is quite reasonable to consider their head-to-head results, particularly when they have had comparable overall success (one leading his team to the most number of regular season wins in a decade in NFL history, the other leading his team to the most number of total wins in a decade in NFL history, with both on target to be in the top 3 of so of just about every career QB stat imaginable).

    It's not really that hard. Head-to-head is a consideration in cases where the total body of work is a close call. Eli vs. Peyton or Eli vs. Brady is not a close call, at all.

    Philip Rivers vs. Peyton is not a close call at all either, and I'd guess (without looking it up) that PR has the head-to-head advantage, or that it's nearly even.
    An intelligent post with clearly laid out logic without the use of broad absolutes has no place in a thread like this. This is a Manning vs. Brady thread!


    ...What? It isn't?

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:


  8. #180
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No point...hence why you need to pay attention....its a simple fact...if i had a point or opinion...i wouldve stated such...but i didnt...i simply interjected a fact into the conversation...
    Except you phrased your "simple fact" in the form of a rebuttal. I'm calling BS on this one here.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  10. #181

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    I wasn't intending to spur any kind of Tom Brady/Peyton Manning debate. Lord knows we have had enough of those and on the whole it's silly. It's like rank ordering the Mona Lisa vs. The Last Supper as art works. Hardly matters, really.

    It just seems so obvious that both are a far piece removed from little brother. Saying that doesn't mean that Eli sucks, though. He's your Andy Warhol soup can instead of da Vinci's Mona Lisa or The Last Supper. I'd like to have an original of an Andy Warhol soup can, wouldn't you? Well, unless it mean taking down your Mona Lisa or Last Supper.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 10-24-2013 at 01:53 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  12. #182

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't intending to spur any kind of Tom Brady/Peyton Manning debate. Lord knows we have had enough of those and on the whole it's silly. It's like rank ordering the Mona Lisa vs. The Last Supper as art works. Hardly matters, really.

    It just seems so obvious that both are a far piece removed from little brother. Saying that doesn't mean that Eli sucks, though. He's your Andy Warhol soup can instead of da Vinci's Mona Lisa or The Last Supper. I'd like to have an original of an Andy Warhol soup can, wouldn't you? Well, unless it mean taking down your Mona Lisa or Last Supper.
    To be clear (and I almost edited it because I wasn't sure if I was), I thought your post was great. I posted something earlier with some absurd, cherry picked stats because this argument is getting ridiculous. We, as adults, are smart enough to consider the head-to-head record of two greats as a piece of a greater puzzle while understanding that head-to-head records are not absolutes in any case. We, as adults, can understand the difference between noting that love for a certain player is affected by over or underachieving and rooting for teams that haven't won titles in a long time. We, as adults, can understand the difference between a hard criticism of someone's logic and a light-hearted dig at the fortunes of someone's favorite teams.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:


  14. #183
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Readers can't be responsible for what you think but don't post. There was no reading comprehension error, there was an articulation error. As evidenced by the fact that several posters took what you said the same way.

    Now that you've stated your opinion this way, it begs the question: What was the point in mentioning Brady's superior record versus Manning as an argument against Brady not being a flawless QB?
    again...u need reading comprehension lessons....ur right...readers cant be responsible for what i think but dont post....hence they should stick to just reading and trying to extrapolate something other than what is actually said....just like u did when u said what was my point in stating bradys record against manning...there was no point..and i made no argument...that should be obvious to anyone that reads...but those of you that can do nothing but argue dont understand the concept of just adding a contributory fact...u think that anyone that adds anything that might possibly not state what you support as automatically being against you and then go into attack mode...which is ironic...because as i now have mentioned...i do think manning is better....regardless of the record or other issues....but at that time..given the discussion...i interjected that fact...for discussion purposes only...and it was quite obviously void of any opinion or take....anyone that got such needs reading lessons...because it wasnt there and you or they or anyone that did so created it....if i have an opinion im usually not shy about sharing it...

  15. #184
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except you phrased your "simple fact" in the form of a rebuttal. I'm calling BS on this one here.
    No rebuttal...rebuttal of what???????

    unreal...now im rebutting opinions i agree with??? makes sense...again...its called a contribution of fact...if there was any shape or form of an opinion tied to it then you could say so...but there very clearly wasnt....the only bs is that which seems to be spewing from your keyboard

  16. #185
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,451

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    I guess Reggie saw this thread; he picked the Pacers to come out of the East this year on tonight's TNT broadcast.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  18. #186
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  20. #187
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,135

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great find.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •