Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 187

Thread: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

  1. #151
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what it says for the NCAA box "My Favorite NCAA Team." My fault for assuming you knew what the boxes were for. I apologize.
    wow....really?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you really do need to pay closer attention
    I read it fine. When asked if Eli was better than Brady, because Eli has beaten Brady more often, you said, and I quote, "maybe not Brady." If you use records to argue that Brady is better than Peyton, and then don't use records to argue that Eli is better than Brady, you have failed with logic consistency.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  4. #153
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,615

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    For the record, one interesting thought experiment is the guess how many Super Bowls , and maybe titles, the Colts might have had had they played in the NFC and didn't have to face the Patriots (often in the snow), Steelers or Chargers until a Super Bowl on a neutral field.
    In fairness, the Steelers game and one of the Chargers losses were at home in the Dome.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  6. #154
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I previously implied I can't put Manning over Reggie because Manning underachieved, while Reggie overachieved. Just because the Indians and Purdue aren't good doesn't mean they underachieved. They never had the talent to be the greatest, while Manning did.
    I'm not talking about what you implied, I'm talking about what you said. You said you don't have "love affairs" with underachievers, and I pointed out that you root for underachievers. I took the hyperbole out of "love affair."
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  7. #155
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not talking about what you implied, I'm talking about what you said. You said you don't have "love affairs" with underachievers, and I pointed out that you root for underachievers. I took the hyperbole out of "love affair."
    Go read what I said in context. You are looking at the one quote, not about what it means to the debate. Manning is 2nd on my list behind Reggie in terms of love, so it's not like I don't love Manning.

  8. #156
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go read what I said in context. You are looking at the one quote, not about what it means to the debate. Manning is 2nd on my list behind Reggie in terms of love, so it's not like I don't love Manning.
    I don't need to reread it, I got it fine. I made a snarky comment, in jest, and you got your panties in a bunch. We can move along. I now understand that poking fun of Purdue is a soft spot.

    Last edited by Since86; 10-24-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  9. #157
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,412

    Default

    Having seen both era's completely and being both a Pacers and Colts lover, I say Reggie. Yes Peyton accomplished a lot more, but Reggie had some absolutely magical moments that nobody can forget. Plus he was the underdog a lot of times yet he would do everything in his power to come out on top. He had people actually paying attention to Indiana. That Reggie Reggie Reggie chant will forever be remembered here. And look at the reaction of the fans when he was subbed out of his last game. They were in tears, and watching that clip still brings tears to my eyes.

    Peyton was great here no doubt, but his greatness also had a lot to do with his receivers and the team as a whole. Reggie through a lot of his years put the team on his back and fought and made the big shots when they counted the most a lot of the time. His time here was completely unforgettable, and a lot of what he did hasn't been repeated.

    Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Evan_The_Dude For This Useful Post:


  11. #158
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,526

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not fair, one was David, one was Goliath. Reggie was never a 4 time MVP. He didn't need to win championships. When you win 4 MVPs, you do or some might see you as an underachiever.
    So Peyton Manning is criticized for being a great player but not as great as he should have been while we give Reggie credit for being really good while sweeping the fact that he wasn't as good as he should have been under the rug? Both players have enough positive notches that you can discuss them without acting like one was a bad player.

    You personally are allowed to have whichever favorite you want. In this thread in particular, not one person is going to change their personal view on the subject. But the thread question is which one has more love in Indy. The answer would seem to be simply the popular response.

  12. #159
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read it fine. When asked if Eli was better than Brady, because Eli has beaten Brady more often, you said, and I quote, "maybe not Brady." If you use records to argue that Brady is better than Peyton, and then don't use records to argue that Eli is better than Brady, you have failed with logic consistency.
    Again...you really need to pay closer attention...because thats not at all what took place...

  13. #160
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again...you really need to pay closer attention...because thats not at all what took place...
    I'll just post the entire portion of the converation we're talking about, so people can make their own judgement.



    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tom Brady's playoff record with Ty Law: 9-0, 3 titles.
    Tom Brady's playoff record without Ty Law: 8-7, 0 titles.

    Tom Brady is overrated. He is nothing without Ty Law.

    Tom Brady has only completed 60% of his passes with 7 TDs and 9 Interceptions and a 74.7 rating in Conference Championship games. What a choker.
    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yet Brady is 8-5 versus Manning...
    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Lil Manning is what 4-2 overall against Brady does anyone think he's a better QB than Brady?
    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe not Brady, but given the rationale of some he obviously must be better than his older brother given the fact hes won twice as many super bowls in a shorter amount of time...
    You pointed out Brady's record against Manning to make your point that Brady is better, then when asked if that logic extended to Brady vs Eli, you punted away from that logic. Arbitrarily picking and choosing when records vs an opponent are meaningful and when they're not.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  14. #161
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not even a Colt fan and Reggie is awesome, but there's no comparison. Peyton Manning could be the greatest QB in the history of the NFL. Reggie wasn't even a top 5 player in the NBA at any point in his career.

    Edit: I guess the question is who has more love. Normally that's the better player because he's more popular. Peyton has built hospitals downtown. He's actually won a championship. Again, no comparison.
    Angelina Jolie has done amazing charity work, is incredibly popular and just a stunning woman to look at....but I love my wife far far more and theres no comparison. Love is a funny thing....Its rarely objective. Its subjective in nature. Hence why I find all this discussion regarding whos better this and who accomplished more and what have you kinda funny. Cause it really has little to do with whos loved more by whom. For some I'm sure its Peyton. For others im sure its Reggie. For me its easy, its Reggie. Because while i certainly enjoy watching Peyton play. Or I loved watching Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin or Emmit Smith play, Reggie has made me feel things that went so much beyond that. His Garden accomplishments. Spike Lee. Hitting the 3 against Chicago and Michael. Starks. Fight with Michael. So many memories that just transcend sport. Peyton and other greats like him are at times just a sheer joy to watch. But love....love...well...

    And Im sure for some they have been moved by Peyton in the same way I and others have been moved by Reggie.

    That...and Reggie was way cool to hang out with in PTs Showclub.

  15. #162
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The answer would seem to be simply the popular response.
    The thread could really use a poll, and then we'd have numbers to really gauge it.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  16. #163
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't need to reread it, I got it fine. I made a snarky comment, in jest, and you got your panties in a bunch. We can move along. I now understand that poking fun of Purdue is a soft spot.
    No, assuming I make my decisions with your line of thinking is the soft spot.

  17. #164
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, assuming I make my decisions with your line of thinking is the soft spot.
    Yes, my fault for thinking people would have consistency in their views. We're good now. If there's any question, it's my fault. I apologize from the deepest part of my underachieving heart.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  18. #165
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, my fault for thinking people would have consistency in their views. We're good now. If there's any question, it's my fault. I apologize from the deepest part of my underachieving heart.
    Would you point out my inconsistencies please, cause with these snarky *** comments, we aren't good.

  19. #166
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    You said you don't have love affairs with underachievers. I'm pointing out that your favorite sports teams are.... underachievers. Not hard to connect the dots.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  20. #167
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, my fault for thinking people would have consistency in their views. We're good now. If there's any question, it's my fault. I apologize from the deepest part of my underachieving heart.
    Based on your responses you either cant read, ignore or are not capable of comprehension. You are however, quite capable of being condescending and disrespectful

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:


  22. #168
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,526

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Based on your responses you either cant read, ignore or are not capable of comprehension. You are however, quite capable of being condescending and disrespectful
    Except you did flatly contradict yourself. No matter how you feel about how he said it.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  24. #169
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said you don't have love affairs with underachievers. I'm pointing out that your favorite sports teams are.... underachievers. Not hard to connect the dots.
    The original question was, "Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?" As an Indianapolis resident, I figured I would give my opinion. My opinion was Reggie > Peyton, with the basis that Peyton underachieved while Reggie overachieved when it mattered most. I made the comment, "I guess I don't have love affairs with underachievers." This was a direct response to Shade which indicated the single championship made all the difference. To me it doesn't. Peyton underachieved while Reggie overachieved, simple as that. We are talking about #1 and #2 on my favorite Indiana athletes ever list. And now because I feel that Peyton underachieved, I'm not allowed to like Purdue and the Cleveland Indians? Let me guess, I'm looking at different dots than you?

  25. #170
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Except you did flatly contradict yourself. No matter how you feel about how he said it.
    Uh...excuse me i most certainly and flatly did not...

    I never once said Brady was better than Manning...ever...i never even offered an opinion on the matter...i did interject a couple of facts alone..and then clearly stated that using the rationale of some...but never once did i say anything about my believing Brady is better than Manning. Fact of the matter is I cant stand Brady. And would pick Manning over Brady every time, in spite of the fact Manning has choked on more than once occasion against them and others. Seems we need a reading comprehension course maybe.

  26. #171
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The original question was, "Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?" As an Indianapolis resident, I figured I would give my opinion. My opinion was Reggie > Peyton, with the basis that Peyton underachieved while Reggie overachieved when it mattered most. I made the comment, "I guess I don't have love affairs with underachievers." This was a direct response to Shade which indicated the single championship made all the difference. To me it doesn't. Peyton underachieved while Reggie overachieved, simple as that. We are talking about #1 and #2 on my favorite Indiana athletes ever list. And now because I feel that Peyton underachieved, I'm not allowed to like Purdue and the Cleveland Indians? Let me guess, I'm looking at different dots than you?

    I didn't say you couldn't root for them, nor did I imply it. I was just pointing out the irony in saying you don't love underachievers, when you clearly do because all the sports teams that you rep are underachievers. That's not an insult, nor was it intended to be.

    Peyton is an underachiever, and he's my favorite player. You've already pointed out my BSU logo, and they are most certainly underachievers. I just thought it was funny to portray one thing, while portraying the exact opposite. You've taken an intended joke to much further depths than what it was supposed to be.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  27. #172
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uh...excuse me i most certainly and flatly did not...

    I never once said Brady was better than Manning...ever...i never even offered an opinion on the matter...i did interject a couple of facts alone..and then clearly stated that using the rationale of some...but never once did i say anything about my believing Brady is better than Manning. Fact of the matter is I cant stand Brady. And would pick Manning over Brady every time, in spite of the fact Manning has choked on more than once occasion against them and others. Seems we need a reading comprehension course maybe.
    Then what was your point in mentioning Brady's record vs PManning?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  28. #173

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?



    I'm kind of dry from the popcorn. Anyone got a 1/2 glass of water ??

  29. #174
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,526

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uh...excuse me i most certainly and flatly did not...

    I never once said Brady was better than Manning...ever...i never even offered an opinion on the matter...i did interject a couple of facts alone..and then clearly stated that using the rationale of some...but never once did i say anything about my believing Brady is better than Manning. Fact of the matter is I cant stand Brady. And would pick Manning over Brady every time, in spite of the fact Manning has choked on more than once occasion against them and others. Seems we need a reading comprehension course maybe.
    Readers can't be responsible for what you think but don't post. There was no reading comprehension error, there was an articulation error. As evidenced by the fact that several posters took what you said the same way.

    Now that you've stated your opinion this way, it begs the question: What was the point in mentioning Brady's superior record versus Manning as an argument against Brady not being a flawless QB?

  30. #175
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've taken an intended joke to much further depths than what it was supposed to be.
    Your not very good at comedy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •