Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 187

Thread: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

  1. #126
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Say's the guy who puts the Cleveland Indians and Purdue under his avatar as his favorite teams!
    So now you want to make it personal? You know nothing about me. I'm a Purdue graduate, and we can't all jump on big city teams like the redsox. Get out of here with that *****.

  2. #127
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,093

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So now you want to make it personal? You know nothing about me. I'm a Purdue graduate, and we can't all jump on big city teams like the redsox. Get out of here with that *****.
    Not making it personal, just pointing out the blantant contradiciton in your supposed position. As someone who roots for all things Indiana, I've watched enough of Purdue flaming out not to put such high standards out there, and thumb my nose at "underachievers."
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  4. #128

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yet Brady is 8-5 versus Manning...
    And Lil Manning is what 4-2 overall against Brady does anyone think he's a better QB than Brady?

  5. #129
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For those criticizing Peyton's performance in the playoffs, besides the fact that his playoff numbers are excellent (no matter what Skip Bayless told you -your fault for listening to that ****tard) you have to understand that the playoffs are a crap shoot.
    First, I can formalize my own opinions from watching the games myself. Second, the mere fact that I am even admitting that I have some love lost for Peyton because of lackluster playoff performances goes to show there are others like me. It's not all roses with Peyton for every person that lives in Indianapolis. Not everyone is like you. The question was, who has more love. I'm giving you my side of the argument, and all others want to say is well he won a championship so he automatically wins. Uhhh, no. For some it goes beyond that. For others it obviously doesn't. I think it's a lot closer than many of you want to believe.

  6. #130
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,771

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yet Brady is 8-5 versus Manning...

    As a Colts fan, it pains me to say that Brady is actually 9-4 against Manning.

  7. #131
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Lil Manning is what 4-2 overall against Brady does anyone think he's a better QB than Brady?
    Maybe not Brady, but given the rationale of some he obviously must be better than his older brother given the fact hes won twice as many super bowls in a shorter amount of time...

  8. #132
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a Colts fan, it pains me to say that Brady is actually 9-4 against Manning.
    I stand corrected....lol

  9. #133
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,520

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First, I can formalize my own opinions from watching the games myself. Second, the mere fact that I am even admitting that I have some love lost for Peyton because of lackluster playoff performances goes to show there are others like me. It's not all roses with Peyton for every person that lives in Indianapolis. Not everyone is like you. The question was, who has more love. I'm giving you my side of the argument, and all others want to say is well he won a championship so he automatically wins. Uhhh, no. For some it goes beyond that. For others it obviously doesn't. I think it's a lot closer than many of you want to believe.
    Read my earlier post on the first page- I think Reggie has more love. I stated that.

    I also know, in a completely unrelated event, there are a lot of confused people like yourself who think Peyton underperformed in the playoffs. I was just pointing out how you're wrong, no matter how red your face gets when you argue. =)
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  10. #134
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,520

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who won the series? Why do they play the games?
    HAHAHAHA
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  11. #135
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not making it personal, just pointing out the blantant contradiciton in your supposed position. As someone who roots for all things Indiana, I've watched enough of Purdue flaming out not to put such high standards out there, and thumb my nose at "underachievers."
    How is it a "blatant contradiction?" Am I expressing my undying love for Purdue athletics because I have a box that displays their logo? No, I'm expressing my love for their education. Are they underachievers there? Am I supposed to put up Ball State because they are so great at sports? Are you related to Peyton and butthurt about my opinion? You can try to make it personal all you want, but it's not going to change my mind that Peyton was an underachiever in the playoffs.

  12. #136
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,093

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe not Brady, but given the rationale of some he obviously must be better than his older brother given the fact hes won twice as many super bowls in a shorter amount of time...
    So Brady is better than Peyton, because Brady has beaten Peyton more. Eli isn't better than Brady, even though Eli has beaten Brady more. Consistency in logic, FTW.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  14. #137
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,771

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    You know people are bored with the pre-season when a Manning vs. Brady debate has carried over to the Pacers board.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  16. #138
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also know, in a completely unrelated event, there are a lot of confused people like yourself who think Peyton underperformed in the playoffs.
    Your opinion. My opinion says someone considered by many the greatest QB of all time should not be one-and-done 8 out of 12 times in the playoffs. And the one year with the championship, he had 3 TDs and 7 INTs in 4 playoff games. He never elevated his game in the postseason. My love for Reggie came because of that exact reason, how much he elevated his game in the playoffs.

  17. #139
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,771

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your opinion. My opinion says someone considered by many the greatest QB of all time should not be one-and-done 8 out of 12 times in the playoffs. And the one year with the championship, he had 3 TDs and 7 INTs in 4 playoff games. He never elevated his game in the postseason. My love for Reggie came because of that exact reason, how much he elevated his game in the playoffs.
    He elevated his game in the second half of the AFCCG against the Patriots in what is considered the greatest playoff comeback ever. He won that game with his arm.

  18. #140
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,093

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by HickeyS2000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it a "blatant contradiction?" Am I expressing my undying love for Purdue athletics because I have a box that displays their logo? No, I'm expressing my love for their education. Are they underachievers there? Am I supposed to put up Ball State because they are so great at sports? Are you related to Peyton and butthurt about my opinion? You can try to make it personal all you want, but it's not going to change my mind that Peyton was an underachiever in the playoffs.
    The point of the boxes is for athletics, not academics. I would think that should be fairly obvious considering the Indians, Pacers, nor Colts have anything to do with academics. I'm not butthurt. You have your right to your opinion, and I have the right to point out inconsistency in your position. If you don't like underachievers, then I suggest rooting for new teams.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  19. #141
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He elevated his game in the second half of the AFCCG against the Patriots in what is considered the greatest playoff comeback ever. He won that game with his arm.
    He most definitely had good playoff games. The Denver spanking comes to mind, right after they throttled us to end the season. But he never did it consistently. Do you really think Peyton is known for elevating his game in the playoffs? I believe most of America would agree with me.

  20. #142
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The point of the boxes is for athletics, not academics. I would think that should be fairly obvious considering the Indians, Pacers, nor Colts have anything to do with academics. I'm not butthurt. You have your right to your opinion, and I have the right to point out inconsistency in your position. If you don't like underachievers, then I suggest rooting for new teams.
    The thing is, your assuming I'm just like you again. I really don't care about Purdue athletics at all, but I'm a Purdue fan. If they lose every year, it bothers me zero. Just because you put your favorite sports teams in that area, doesn't mean I did. I don't recall the system asking me to confirm I was really talking about Purdue athletics and not just the school in general.

  21. #143
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,093

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    This is what it says for the NCAA box "My Favorite NCAA Team." My fault for assuming you knew what the boxes were for. I apologize.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  22. #144

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    I really hate to do this but, if we're going to criticize Peyton's playoff failures we can't act like Reggie and the Pacers always came through. Reggie had several poor shooting game 7's, and couldn't close the deal on championships even when Michael Jordan wasn't there.

    For the record, one interesting thought experiment is the guess how many Super Bowls , and maybe titles, the Colts might have had had they played in the NFC and didn't have to face the Patriots (often in the snow), Steelers or Chargers until a Super Bowl on a neutral field.

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:


  24. #145
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Brady is better than Peyton, because Brady has beaten Peyton more. Eli isn't better than Brady, even though Eli has beaten Brady more. Consistency in logic, FTW.
    you really do need to pay closer attention

  25. #146
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you don't like underachievers, then I suggest rooting for new teams.
    I previously implied I can't put Manning over Reggie because Manning underachieved, while Reggie overachieved. Just because the Indians and Purdue aren't good doesn't mean they underachieved. They never had the talent to be the greatest, while Manning did.

  26. #147
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really hate to do this but, if we're going to criticize Peyton's playoff failures we can't act like Reggie and the Pacers always came through. Reggie had several poor shooting game 7's, and couldn't close the deal on championships even when Michael Jordan wasn't there.
    Not fair, one was David, one was Goliath. Reggie was never a 4 time MVP. He didn't need to win championships. When you win 4 MVPs, you do or some might see you as an underachiever.

  27. #148
    Member HickeyS2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis/Sacramento
    Posts
    847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what it says for the NCAA box "My Favorite NCAA Team." My fault for assuming you knew what the boxes were for. I apologize.
    I'm soooo sorry I didn't use the system properly. How could I ever do that? I can't believe you are criticizing my use of the "sports teams" area. Do you need me to change it?

  28. #149
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really hate to do this but, if we're going to criticize Peyton's playoff failures we can't act like Reggie and the Pacers always came through. Reggie had several poor shooting game 7's, and couldn't close the deal on championships even when Michael Jordan wasn't there.

    For the record, one interesting thought experiment is the guess how many Super Bowls , and maybe titles, the Colts might have had had they played in the NFC and didn't have to face the Patriots (often in the snow), Steelers or Chargers until a Super Bowl on a neutral field.
    and...and...what if...my aunt had balls....lol...

  29. #150
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,771

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Who has more love in Indy: Reggie or Peyton?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really hate to do this but, if we're going to criticize Peyton's playoff failures we can't act like Reggie and the Pacers always came through. Reggie had several poor shooting game 7's, and couldn't close the deal on championships even when Michael Jordan wasn't there.

    Exactly. 1995 against Orlando and especially 1999 against New York come to mind. The Pacers should not have allowed that Knicks team to spank them so badly and win two games at MSA. Reggie had a poor 8 points in that Game 6 at NY when they eliminated us. Thankfully he made up for it a year later when he scored 34 to propel us to the Finals, but let's not act like that he maxed out every single postseason appearance. The Pacers had missed opportunities and could have gotten to more NBA Finals if they had cashed in.

    I'll be the first to admit that Peyton's postseason play often left a lot to be desired. But he did win a Super Bowl, and in the process defeated Brady and the Patriots in one of the most memorable NFL playoff games in history. Can't ever take that away from him. The fact that he is a Super Bowl champion, 4 time MVP, and is considered one of the greatest players in league history easily elevates him above a guy like Reggie Miller. Like I said, Peyton's one ring might hurt him in a debate against Joe Montana or Tom Brady, but it's not going to hurt him in a "most loved Indy athlete" debate when he's being compared to a guy in Reggie who never won a title.

    Anyone living in Indy or Indiana during that Super Bowl run in early 2007 knows that was by far the most special moment in the history of Indy sports. Nothing comes close. For Indy to finally win a modern big league championship.....you just can't put it into words. We all wished that we would have won a bit more, but Peyton's Colts giving us that experience once means that he is easily the most beloved athlete in Indy history.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •