Thread: Rose vs George Hill: "...We're the Central Division Champions...They have to come through us"

Default Rose vs George Hill: "...We're the Central Division Champions...They have to come through us"

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-pac...medium=twitter

Says Hill:

“I don’t know how [Rose] can say we’re not rivals yet because we’ve been just as successful as they have been,” Hill told HOOPSWORLD. “But all I know right now is we’re the Central Division champions and for them, they have to come through us to get that. But if that’s what he believes, then that’s what he believes.”

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-pac...SKfjsKqHl80.99
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Rose vs George Hill: "...We're the Central Division Champions...They have to come through us"

About time someone had a little balls on our time and spoke up. Not that it is necessary, but this season I expect the Pacers to stomp the Bulls fair and square and put'em in their place. =)

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Rose vs George Hill: "...We're the Central Division Champions...They have to come through us"

Alright George...love the talk...but just be prepared to sack up come game time against the Bulls...cause youre calling your man out and hes looking awfully good these days....

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Scola's answer was good as well:

“I don’t see anything negative about it,” Scola said regarding Rose’s comments. “They asked him and he answered. We always demand honest answers from athletes and that was an honest answer. It doesn’t matter. We will try everything in our power to be the team to beat for everybody, but we got to prove that. Indiana was a great team last year and we want to be an even better team this year. It’s okay what [Rose] says. It’s okay what everybody says because we shouldn’t be looking at quotes from other teams.”
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I get so bored with this type of talk/media coverage. And I don't think it has any impact at all on which team will win the division.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Scola's answer>>>>>>>>Hill's answer.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get so bored with this type of talk/media coverage. And I don't think it has any impact at all on which team will win the division.
    The state of sports news coverage today is pathetic. It's akin to Jr. High with reporters running from one guys comments to another, spreading the gossip. How about if they report the scores and throw in a little analysis instead?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Rose will never forget this.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrSparko For This Useful Post:

I get annoyed at how the fans take it.

Fans are normally idiots about this and never take it into context - (The media intend for fans to take it that way).

But with all that said, I love Hill's confidence...

Read it and weep:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparko View Post
    Rose will never forget this.
    I wouldn't bother giving two turds for what Rose thinks or remembers. I want the Bulls to play their best basketball this year. I want the same from Miami, the Nets and everyone else in the EC. What I really want is for the Pacers to be good enough that it doesn't matter how well our opponents play. I want us to stand on our OWN merit and to be able to not just go through each of them, but to run right over the top of them.

In other words, I want us to BE the best and not just fortunate enough to avoid certain match ups in the playoffs that might have proven too difficult for us. When all is said and done this season, I want to leave no doubts.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Say good for Hill, put that MFer in his place a bit. Fuel the fire.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

I think they just ran over us a couple times in the last two weeks. Sure, it was preseason but I think that leaves them awfully confident and nobody gives us a second thought after DRose gave us a spanking

So, if anything, I think we have to prove we can beat the Bulls when DRose is starting...because to date we have not done that very well. The Pacers need to forget what happened earlier this year because the east is a different beast this coming year.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Say good for Hill, put that MFer in his place a bit. Fuel the fire.
    What exactly is Rose's place? He is a former #1 overall draft pick and league MVP so I can understand why he feels a little sense of entitlement.

I love it that George Hill isn't afraid of Rose but DRose is one of those players that can make you eat your words.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!