Thread: Sage Steele to host ABC's and ESPN's NBA Countdown

Default Sage Steele to host ABC's and ESPN's NBA Countdown

Happy to see a local product get such an opportunity

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...nba-countdown/

Sage Steele to Host ABC’s and ESPN’s NBA Countdown

New Role Part of Multi-Year Extension with ESPN
    ESPN today announced it has reached a multi-year extension with versatile on-air personality Sage Steele. Per the agreement, Steele will take on a new role at ESPN, hosting the Friday and Sunday editions of NBA Countdown – ESPN’s and ABC’s NBA pre-game show. She’ll help form the Friday and Sunday Countdown team with ESPN newcomer and veteran analyst Doug Collins and returning analysts Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons. The Countdown quartet will make its debut on Friday, Nov. 1, at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN. (The Wednesday NBA Countdown team will consist of Rose, Doris Burke and Avery Johnson and debut Nov. 13).
    Sage Steele:
    “I’m thrilled to continue my career at ESPN and to embark on this exciting, new challenge. I love the NBA, and like millions of other fans, I’m looking forward to the season tipoff and to guiding some great discussion from our expert analysts.”
    John Wildhack, ESPN Executive Vice President, Production:
    “Sage is a dynamic, engaging personality and an avid follower of the NBA. She has a proven track record hosting our NBA coverage, and, on Countdown, she’ll help facilitate insightful discussion amongst her new teammates Doug Collins, Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons.”
    In addition to NBA Countdown, Steele will continue to appear on SportsCenter and will also contribute to ESPN’s on-site NBA coverage during the NBA Finals. For the previous two years, she has hosted on-site SportsCenter coverage at the NBA Finals and this year she hosted ESPN’s coverage of NBA Summer League 2013 from Las Vegas.
    Steele has worked on a range of assignments since joining ESPN in 2007. In addition to SportsCenter and NBA, she has hosted the Scripps National Spelling Bee every year since 2010. She has also contributed to ESPN Radio’s Mike & Mike, First Take, SportsNation and other studio programming.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Sage Steele to host ABC's and ESPN's NBA Countdown

I enjoy Sage Steele. She'll be a great fit I think.
    PG24

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers27 For This Useful Post:

anyone else feel out of for not having any idea who Sage Steele is? I googled her and still nothing. Don't think I've ever seen her before. Guess I don't watch ESPN much.

Oops I see she has been there since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    anyone else feel out of for not having any idea who Sage Steele is? I googled her and still nothing. Don't think I've ever seen her before. Guess I don't watch ESPN much.

Sage is from Indy, a Pacers town, used to an MC for the Pacers =)
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also a known Pacer fan at the Mothership.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

She did the Sports coverage on WISH TV years ago

She's an IU grad. Used to be on First Take before they blew up the format. I like her.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Unabashed Pacers Fan. Not only that, really good at her job and a very nice person. I like it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

I think this is new information. Different crew on Wednesdays than on Fridays

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013...nba-countdown/

Completing an overhaul from last season, ESPN’s “NBA Countdown” will now have an official host.
    ESPN anchor Sage Steele has been named the host of “NBA Countdown” on ESPN and ABC, the network announced Tuesday. Steele will anchor the Friday and Sunday editions of the show, working alongside analysts Doug Collins, Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons.

Last season, Steele anchored studio coverage on nights when the “NBA Countdown” show did not air, usually working with Kurt Rambis.

Steele and Collins — who joined ESPN last month — replace Michael Wilbon and Magic Johnson on the ESPN studio show. All four members of the “NBA Countdown” crew were not part of the show two years ago, when Wilbon and Johnson worked alongside Jon Barry and Chris Broussard.

The Wednesday night editions of “NBA Countdown” will feature Rose, Doris Burke and Avery Johnson.

I think this is new information. Different crew on Wednesdays than on Fridays

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013...nba-countdown/

Completing an overhaul from last season, ESPN’s “NBA Countdown” will now have an official host.
    ESPN anchor Sage Steele has been named the host of “NBA Countdown” on ESPN and ABC, the network announced Tuesday. Steele will anchor the Friday and Sunday editions of the show, working alongside analysts Doug Collins, Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons.

Last season, Steele anchored studio coverage on nights when the “NBA Countdown” show did not air, usually working with Kurt Rambis.

Steele and Collins — who joined ESPN last month — replace Michael Wilbon and Magic Johnson on the ESPN studio show. All four members of the “NBA Countdown” crew were not part of the show two years ago, when Wilbon and Johnson worked alongside Jon Barry and Chris Broussard.

The Wednesday night editions of “NBA Countdown” will feature Rose, Doris Burke and Avery Johnson.

This is so much better than letting Simmons run things. This may be the first crew ABC has put out that I can actually enjoy.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I'm looking forward to that Wednesday lineup of Doris Burke, Jalen, and Avery Johnson.