Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Colts fear Wayne tore ACL

Default Re: Schefter: Colts fear Wayne tore ACL

A big loss especially from a leadership standpoint, but I don't think it will hurt us as much as people think it will. I personally think that great QB's make great WR's, not the other way around. I could even see a guy like Griff Whalen becoming a name for Colts fans as he is a possession receiver like Wayne and flat out doesn't drop passes which has been a problem for ALL of our receivers. Hope they give him another shot. He was lights out in training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hakim Nicks has been rumored to be available from the lowly Giants and might not fetch a steep price as a temporary patch til next season.
    You pull the trigger on Nicks then you have to sign him. I wouldn't mind him but he is injury prone.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-21-2013 at 07:25 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

not going to lie drops heyward-bey makes me cringe a little being our #1 reciever. i just cannot trust the guy.

ughhhh very sad and disappointed.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

No way DHB is our #1 receiver after Wayne's injury. That would be TY. Also, now a lot of focus will be on Fleener.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    No way DHB is our #1 receiver after Wayne's injury. That would be TY. Also, now a lot of focus will be on Fleener.
    You mean the other guy who drops the ball?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    You mean the other guy who drops the ball?
    Who are you talking about Hilton or Fleener?

TY>>>>> DHB cause he simply has proved he can catch the ball. As for Fleener, I just mentioned he needs to step up now but didn't mean he can be No 1 target.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The last time the Colts played a game without Reggie, Luck was 12 years old.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

...and the Pacers faced the Seattle SuperSonics that had Garry Payton, Vin Baker and Brent Barry in their lineup.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    The last time the Colts played a game without Reggie, Luck was 12 years old.
    And Jim Mora was ranting about Playoffs.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

THANKS GUYS THAT HELPED A LOT.

*Goes and hangs himself*

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

It's crazy how time flies. Seems like yesterday that he was a young guy exploding in the 2003 season. Then in 04 he became a true elite receiver alongside Marvin Harrison and ripped off a ton of great years with Peyton. Before you could turn around twice, he was the elder statesman mentoring the young rookie quarterback.

I wouldn't have blamed the guy at all if he would have bolted after 2011 to go play in a "win now" place (though that's what the Colts quickly became last year), but he was loyal to the horseshoe and never wanted to play anywhere else. After playing with a HOF veteran for his entire career, he seemed to get a ton of enjoyment out of playing the elder statesman role with the young rookie quarterback. He quickly found out that Luck was talented as hell and would get him the ball just like Peyton did. That performance against Green Bay is one of the greatest games I've ever seen from a receiver.

I want to say that we'll be OK because we've weathered other injuries this year, but this one will sting. This guy has been our rock. He's our final offensive link to our championship past. I fully expect us to keep winning, but we are certainly quite a bit less threatening without 87 out there. It's going to be very interesting to see how Luck responds without his security blanket. Can you imagine Peyton losing Marvin Harrison in his second year? It would have hurt big time. This is the biggest test that Luck has faced so far. He will find ways to keep winning, but he'll without question miss Reggie big time.

Just a special special player. Definitely one of the best to ever rock the horseshoe. Here's to him bouncing back and having a solid season next year.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Crushing blow. I'm more concerned about losing Wayne than I was about losing Ballard, Bradshaw, and Allen combined. Wayne is the heart and soul of this team and is as sure handed as they come--which is big on our team full of guys prone to dropping balls. Coby Fleener--it's your time to shine.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Josh Gordon is better than anyone we will get in the second round. I really think we had a shot to go deep in the playoffs before this injury...we've beat three of the best teams in the league already. We're not gonna go deep with TY, DHB, and Brazil. We gotta do something. Idk about Nicks, he's good, but not as good as Gordon and Nicks is also very injury prone. Look at what Gordon has done with being double teamed and having Weeden throwing to him. Put him on the Colts with TY and DHB next to him and Luck throwing to him and we have a stud. Instant contenders. Please don't just sit around and expect Brazil or Whalen or Rogers to do anything....it's not gonna happen. And we're gonna lose in the first round of the playoffs....Ugh I hate losing Reggie...this sucks so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Josh Gordon is better than anyone we will get in the second round. I really think we had a shot to go deep in the playoffs before this injury...we've beat three of the best teams in the league already. We're not gonna go deep with TY, DHB, and Brazil. We gotta do something. Idk about Nicks, he's good, but not as good as Gordon and Nicks is also very injury prone. Look at what Gordon has done with being double teamed and having Weeden throwing to him. Put him on the Colts with TY and DHB next to him and Luck throwing to him and we have a stud. Instant contenders. Please don't just sit around and expect Brazil or Whalen or Rogers to do anything....it's not gonna happen. And we're gonna lose in the first round of the playoffs....Ugh I hate losing Reggie...this sucks so bad.

I agree. I'm worried. Without Reggie, this is a weaker receiving corp than anything Peyton ever had. Peyton either had Marvin or Reggie for his entire career here. Today should have been a fantastic day to be a Colts fan, but instead it felt like we were punched in the gut.

T.Y. and DHB have to step up BIG TIME. Fleener too.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I'm willing to give DHB a chance when he gets more chances to catch the ball. I feel like if we could pop him open for a real big play it might help his confidence and maybe we can unlock the beast that should be in him. He is such a great physical prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I'm willing to give DHB a chance when he gets more chances to catch the ball. I feel like if we could pop him open for a real big play it might help his confidence and maybe we can unlock the beast that should be in him. He is such a great physical prospect.

He is fast as hell, no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post

How do you know it's not going to happen? Receivers that get released end up making names for themselves sometimes. We don't even know what we have with Rodgers or even Whalen for that matter.

I will be flabbergasted if DHB can step up even relative to what he's done to this point this season. Guys just has bad hands. Sure, he'll continue to catch slants and some routes up to about 15 yards, and maybe he'll even turn one or two into a big play via YAC. But I just don't think he can make catches on deeper routes that he could exploit given his speed. Honestly, I'm not sure the guy comfortable cracks top 3 on some other teams.

And TY has been extremely inconsistent this year. I think he's looked downright bad the last two games. I'm very worried.

Would welcome another trade. Speaking of which, while I fully recognize a lot more time is needed to assess the Richardson deal. I would also have to say that SO FAR, it has not looked like a good deal for us. I mean WE could have picked up McGahee for peanuts for depth if Brown was going to increase his carries the way he has.

But, we've managed to overcome a lot of injuries already so I'm just going to keep believing and also pull for the D to keep coming on. That could be the saving grace right there.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I do believe great QB's make their receivers look good. ....But that assumes the WR's can run the proper routes and can catch a ball when it's put in their hands. But that's just saying a great QB can consistently get the ball where the receiver needs it to make a comfortable catch, can find him when he's open, throw a nice ball, etc... The QB can't run the route or catch it for him...

Then you have receivers like Reggie that just seem to be able to catch anything that gets close to him. That's clearly not DHB. Maybe Hilton can get there...

It'll do the Colts no good going deep to a wide open DHB if he can't catch a perfectly thrown ball.

But yeah, one guy's disappointment is another guy's opportunity. Next man up...

And I agree about Reggie's GB game. That was a highlight among highlights for Reggie.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

QBs and WRs are completely reliant on each other. If you have bad WRs your QB isn't going to look good, no matter how good the QB is. If you have a bad QB your WRs are not going to look good no matter how good your WRs are. I great QB doesn't make WRs great, they just allow the WR to reach their full potential, and vice versa.

The Colts shouldn't trade for anyone I rather they get someone from the practice squad for the rest of the season I don't want them to make a habit of trading draft picks all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The Colts shouldn't trade for anyone I rather they get someone from the practice squad for the rest of the season I don't want them to make a habit of trading draft picks all the time.
    We really don't have any picks to trade. Time for our receiving corp to step up. That's what they get paid for.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Really, the most pressure is on 12.

TY, DHB, Fleener, sure they have to catch the ball, but LUck's got to realize now his margin for error is not there with those guys. They aren't going to routinely make some of the bacon saving catches that Reggie has made for Luck (and Peyton too if we're being honest), Reggie was the best holy **** did that dude just did that receiver in the league for my money in terms of the way he consistently would reach behind him for catches. Megatron makes some of the most athletic plays, but IMO Reggie consistently displayed the best body control and hands.

Luck has to be ready to build these guy's confidence. That means throwing them open on 9-10 yard slants to get them feeling good. Make it easy on them for the first week or two without Reggie and build their confidence.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

The bye week honestly couldn't have come at a better time. It will be nice having an extra week to get those guys adjusted to their heightened new roles.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I think because no roster moves have been made yet, we are going to make a trade. It will be interesting to see what Grigson does here.