Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Colts fear Wayne tore ACL

Default Re: Schefter: Colts fear Wayne tore ACL

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess the silver lining of sorts is that we are not the Manning-era Colts that relied so heavily on the pass. With the way this Luck offense runs, they're not dead in the water, even though this is a blow.
    Even if it happened during the Manning era I think the team would've been fine.

The only injury on this team that would end our season is if Luck got hurt. Unless that happens I think the Colts can manage without him won't be easy though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ok so it was his right knee? IN the play I thought it was the left?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hakeem Nicks for a second or third would be bad? I don't think so. Thing is you have to agree a contract extension with him cause he is a free agent next off season. Sometimes it's not bad to trade a pick for a player. See Vontae for example.

Now I know that having already traded our first for a player (who we are getting worried a bit about his production) makes us think "are we gonna lose our second too" and I know draft picks are serious coin in the NFL but for some players trading them are worthy.

Also I'm sick of reading on sites and twitter "Oh that's a shame Wayne went down with injury. There goes my fantasy team". Give me a break. Who the hell cares about "your team"? Here we have a legend missing the season and you're *****ing about a fantasy team.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 10-21-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Is Brandon Lloyd available? New England released him after a very good 2012 season.

The Colts' passing game has been pretty anemic this season so losing Reggie is a big blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    That gif is heartbreaking.
    Yeah, I could tell Luck was really mad at himself for throwing that ball right away. He is always really composed when he fails to convert on third down and is walking back to the sideline, never seen him get angry like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I guess the silver lining of sorts is that we are not the Manning-era Colts that relied so heavily on the pass. With the way this Luck offense runs, they're not dead in the water, even though this is a blow.
    Well this did kind of happen in the Manning era with Harrison. But we had an incredible pro bowl receiver on the other side in Wayne who was able to pick up the slack. Clark really elevated his game in 2007 too. Now it's time for Hilton, DHB, and Fleener to rise up to the occasion.

Wayne and Dwayne Allen were probably Luck's two most reliable targets going into this season, really sucks.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Now it's time for DHB to rise up to the occasion.

Apart from the humour, I wish him luck and hope he does start catching the ball. Won't hold my breath though.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

This day sucks. Ugh.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I don't know that I've ever been slammed back to earth quite like this by sports.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Peterson is what 27/28 that's different than a 35 year old yes there are medical advances and what not but not everyone heals at the same rate I mean Derrick Rose who's younger than all of them took over a year to come back from his ACL. RGIII is still adjusting.
    Well, I wasn't comparing Wayne's situation to Peterson or Rose or RG3. I was comparing him to Marvin's situation. I was using Peterson and West to show how far much better we are at treating this injury than we were when Edge tore his ligaments.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Is Brandon Lloyd available? New England released him after a very good 2012 season.

The Colts' passing game has been pretty anemic this season so losing Reggie is a big blow.
    Lloyd quit football to take up acting. yes, seriously.

According to Nick Underhill of MassLive.com, the 10-year veteran makes his acting debut with Daniel Baldwin in a straight-to-DVD movie about zombies.

"After Effect" will be released on October 8. In it, Brandon Lloyd plays Sgt. Chuck Lloyd.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ll-for-acting/
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Compare the situation to Jerry Rice who tore his ACL and MCL when he was 35 and came back the next year to get 1100 yards and 9 TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Compare the situation to Jerry Rice who tore his ACL and MCL when he was 35 and came back the next year to get 1100 yards and 9 TDs.
    Hopefully it will be like that with the Colts but he tore his meniscus along with his ACL which like they say make rehab more difficult. Is it impossible for him to return? No but there are no guarantees either. Will Irsay keep him around if he comes back? That's what I'm wondering. If he's cost effective he will otherwise he'll be dropped like Marvin was.

Like Russell Westbrook both weren't injured before until it happened how one recovers is entirely different and Westbrook is having setbacks.

Either way he has 1 year left on his contract after this season, so it would really make no sense to cut him. We have about $35m in cap space next off-season as well so we won't be hurting for money. He won't get cut.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar

I'd take a loss over this any day. This one hurts.

Carmel HS Class of 2011

21. The Following User Says Thank You to neosmndrew For This Useful Post:

Mood

I say we give up a second or third to get Josh Gordon. Dude is young and really really good. If we can keep his head on straight then he would be our number one receiver for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    I say we give up a second or third to get Josh Gordon. Dude is young and really really good. If we can keep his head on straight then he would be our number one receiver for years.
    Nah. We have so much cap space that I don't want to lose a draft pick when we can sign someone in the off-season. I would put out feelers to veteran free agent wide receivers like Brandon Lloyd or Laurent Robinson and bring up Da'Rick Rogers off the practice squad. In the off-season, we can sign Anquan Boldin, Golden Tate, Jeremy Maclin, James Jones, Hakeem Nicks, or Eric Decker to potentially replace Wayne in the future.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Reggie is 35, right? The Colts should have started considering already about a future replacement either from the draft or the FA.

BTW, I'd back Reggie to come back healthy even at this age. Dude must be a freak when it comes to devotion to his craft.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hakim Nicks has been rumored to be available from the lowly Giants and might not fetch a steep price as a temporary patch til next season.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Hakeem Nicks for a second or third would be bad? I don't think so. Thing is you have to agree a contract extension with him cause he is a free agent next off season. Sometimes it's not bad to trade a pick for a player. See Vontae for example.

Now I know that having already traded our first for a player (who we are getting worried a bit about his production) makes us think "are we gonna lose our second too" and I know draft picks are serious coin in the NFL but for some players trading them are worthy.

Also I'm sick of reading on sites and twitter "Oh that's a shame Wayne went down with injury. There goes my fantasy team". Give me a break. Who the hell cares about "your team"? Here we have a legend missing the season and you're *****ing about a fantasy team.
    Give up a lower draft pick and let him walk. Why is an agreement for a contract extension necessary? 10 game+ rental for cheap...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If a 3rd round pick for example is what NY gets out of it, wouldn't it be foolish for the Colts to give it up for a rental of 9 games plus playoffs?

Wow, we've lost our top WR, top TE, two top RBs, and top OG this season.

Lost 3 of the free agents we signed before this season. Lost 3 of the players we took in the awesome 2012 draft.

So we have 2 options on the practice squad. Griff Whalen is more of a possession receiver like Reggie and about the same size. Da'Rick Rogers is a bigger target but less experienced. He's a 5-star prospect from the neck down. It'll be interesting to see which way the Colts go.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The number of injuries to critical Colts players this season has been insane. We just can't catch a break (unless it's an arm or a leg, apparently).

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Actually, Jerry was just short of his 35th birthday when he tore the ACL and MCL, just like Reggie is now. Rice even returned that season (which he regretted doing in hindsight), that's why Im not writing Reggie off as done yet.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca