Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Colts fear Wayne tore ACL

Default Re: Schefter: Colts fear Wayne tore ACL

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bye week honestly couldn't have come at a better time. It will be nice having an extra week to get those guys adjusted to their heightened new roles.
    Agreed. Also, if Grigson decides to bring in another wide receiver, there's no better time than the bye week. Gives the new guy a few more days to get acclimated before playing. And with it being almost mid-season, hopefully the new player can become almost completely comfortable with the playbook by the time the postseason rolls around. Well, about as comfortable as you can get without participating in training camp.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As someone pointed out on twitter last night, we're only about 1.2 mill under the cap. So a trade is getitng more difficult.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    We really don't have any picks to trade. Time for our receiving corp to step up. That's what they get paid for.
    I know I just don't think Richardson was worth a first round draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    As someone pointed out on twitter last night, we're only about 1.2 mill under the cap. So a trade is getitng more difficult.
    Good. We are already without our first round pick, I really don't want to deal any more high draft choices. I'm fine with a late rounder for a stop gap guy, but I don't want them to make another splashy deal involving picks.

Pagano gave the team the entire week off. So I'm not sure there's going to be any extra work going on. But it'll be good to get people healthy
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Yeah, I'll be surprised if they're able to bring in a guy who can be a quality contributor. We're just going to need DHB and TY to step up big time.

Brazill played well last year when he was given time, so hopefully he can continue that
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Anybody for bringing in Brandon Stokely? I haven't followed his injury history, but he wouldn't be a high cost receiver and would bring a veteran presence to the team.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Wow I forgot about him he'd be a good choice to bring in although its a totally different team than when he last left it.

Interesting, we replaced Reggie with a cornerback.

The Indianapolis Colts today signed free agent cornerback Jalil Brown and placed wide receiver Reggie Wayne on Injured Reserve.

Brown, 6-1, 204 pounds, recorded 22 tackles (20 solo), two passes defensed, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and 13 special teams tackles in 29 games played (two starts) with the Kansas City Chiefs. He was originally selected by the Chiefs in the fourth round (118th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft and was waived on September 1, 2013. For his collegiate career at Colorado, Brown appeared in 49 games (28 starts) and totaled 167 tackles (113 solo), 24 passes defensed, six interceptions and four fumble recoveries.
    http://blogs.colts.com/

He's an inch taller than any of our other corners. I'm guessing they're looking to get bigger. And maybe one of the defensive back injuries from Sunday night was serious.
    Last edited by Strummer; 10-22-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: More important things to say.

That makes me think one of the many corners who got hurt last night will be out for a while.

Well we had a lot of injuries to the secondary Sunday too, they were just sort of forgotten about.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    I think because no roster moves have been made yet, we are going to make a trade. It will be interesting to see what Grigson does here.
    Maybe, but probably just looking at all options first, which includes a ton of trades I imagine.

I know that this is football at the highest level and that every team is going to have injuries, but this season has just been ridiculous. Two very solid starting running backs (Bradshaw & Ballard), our LG (Donald Thomas), our best TE(Dwayne Allen), and our HOF 13 year receiver (Wayne). That's five extremely important offensive players who are out for the season. Going into the season, losing just two of those guys would have sounded bad. I get that Wayne is a 35 year old 13 year vet who has had very fortunate health for a long time, but this still blows. Like I said, I know that this is the NFL and that everyone deals with injuries. There are no excuses. But as good as this team is, it's hard to wonder just how good they could be right now if it weren't for these injuries. Also, is it just me, or does it seem like there have been more injuries than usual league wide? It seems like multiple teams lose big name players every week.

The fact that we've been able to keep winning is a testament to our coaching staff, cohesive team unit, and unflappable young QB. But moving on without Wayne will definitely be the biggest test so far. If Luck can continue to do what he's been doing, then it will be the biggest feather in his already impressive cap.

Anybody for bringing in Brandon Stokely? I haven't followed his injury history, but he wouldn't be a high cost receiver and would bring a veteran presence to the team.
    I think Stokely has been playing for the Ravens.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

I think Stokely has been playing for the Ravens.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

He was cut by the Ravens so right now he's an FA

I am a bit concerned about Luck's mental state regarding this injury. He's pretty much been throwing himself on the fire over it as often as he can.

I am a bit concerned about Luck's mental state regarding this injury. He's pretty much been throwing himself on the fire over it as often as he can.
    Yeah, I know it's tough for him, but can't beat himself up about it. It's just one of those unfortunate things. It's not as if WR's are constantly tearing their ACL's when quarterbacks under throw them. 99% of the time, the biggest consequence is missing the easy completion. It was just a flukey, unfortunate thing.

Anybody see a correlation here between the rash of injuries and the fact that the NFL lowered the target area for defenders? I know that wasn't the case with Wayne, but many NFL teams are getting depleted fast it seems. I know there are long term aspects to concussions, but a knee injury tales a long time to come back from and can end your career. I think a lot of players would rather get hit up high than down low.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Anybody see a correlation here between the rash of injuries and the fact that the NFL lowered the target area for defenders? I know that wasn't the case with Wayne, but many NFL teams are getting depleted fast it seems. I know there are long term aspects to concussions, but a knee injury tales a long time to come back from and can end your career. I think a lot of players would rather get hit up high than down low.

Definitely!

The Randall Cobb injury against Baltimore is the perfect example.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I think the rash of injuries is the non contact stuff at practice now. Before there was a tolerance for this sort of thing now not so much.

Did we release Whalen or is he on the practice squad?

Did we release Whalen or is he on the practice squad?
    He's on the practice squad. So is Da'Rick Rogers.

Opened up both roster and practice squad spots. Promoting Whalen or Rogers from the PS would have opened a practice squad spot too, so it makes me think they're bringing in a vet WR instead of promoting one of them.

The Indianapolis Colts today waived tight end Dominique Jones from the active roster and released fullback Robert Hughes from the practice squad.

Jones played in six games (two starts) this season and caught two passes for 34 yards. For his career, he has appeared in 10 games (three starts), recording three receptions for 42 yards. Jones was originally signed by the Colts as an undrafted free agent on April 30, 2012.

Hughes was signed to the Colts practice squad on October 10, 2013. He has appeared in one game this season, catching one pass for six yards. In 2012, he played in five games (one start) with the team and recorded one rush for five yards and one reception for three yards.
    http://blogs.colts.com/