Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Colts fear Wayne tore ACL

Default Re: Schefter: Colts fear Wayne tore ACL

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not so convinced Harrison only had a knee sprain, but that is another issue. To my actual point, the way they repair torn knee ligaments anymore I would say the odds of this being career ending to be unlikely. The difference between treating a sprain and a tear is with a sprained knee healing is just rest. The same tissue is allowed to just heal on its own basically. With the way they treat tears they replace the ligament. So while with a sprain you are relying on the same damaged ligament, with a tear you have a new ligament that hasn't been damaged, most likely, before. That is why Peterson was able to come back so quickly at such a high level, and why David West is still a beast. If it was ten or so years ago West would probably be retired by now, and Peterson would have seen a similar decrease in ability that we saw from Edge after his ligament tears.
    I also think the Colts lied about the severity of Marvin's injury I remembered when they brought him back rusty for the playoffs ... against the Chargers... yeah

Peterson is what 27/28 that's different than a 35 year old yes there are medical advances and what not but not everyone heals at the same rate I mean Derrick Rose who's younger than all of them took over a year to come back from his ACL. RGIII is still adjusting.

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My heart is broken.

Confirmed and crushing: tests showed Colts WR Reggie Wayne has a torn ACL. His season and streak of 189 straight games is over.
    — Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 21, 2013
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to obnoxiousmodesty For This Useful Post:

Who wants to bet that Irsay will trade for Nicks or Josh Gordon.

I think Gordon might be a better bet since we already got T-Rich

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, it's all over the internet now, looks like Reg is done for the year. Crap.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

#GoColtsDammit ‏@GoColtsDammit 1m
    Per @RapSheet, Reggie Wayne didn't just suffer a torn ACL, but also a torn meniscus. Rehab will be more difficult. #Colts

Dammit...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Man, this is awful. Easily the worst Colts injury ever outside of Manning's two years ago. Yes, Marvin's was also bad, but back then we had a Reggie in his prime who we could rely on. Plus we had a prime Peyton who could turn anyone into an all world receiver. That's a sharp contrast to the situation that we're in now. Luck is a great young quarterback, but there's no doubt that Reggie was a huge security blanket for him. This is just a damn shame. Reggie is a legendary Colt and is the ultimate professional.

Even if Reggie makes a complete recovery, we MUST look at making a significant WR upgrade in the off-season. Injury aside, Reggie is 35 and can't possibly play for too much longer. We need a really solid receiver who Luck can grow up with. I'm a big Hilton fan, but he still hasn't put it all together yet. DHB is fast as hell, but the guy has stone hands.

Imagine how great we'd be if it weren't for all of these injuries. Reggie, Allen, Bradshaw, Ballard. It never ends.

In Pep's defense, he's had a rush of injuries that Arians didn't have to deal with.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

I will say this, Reggie works out and keeps himself in shape as good as anyone else in the league. He might be older, but he has a great chance to come back in good shape next year and not suffer like Marvin did. Let's pray that this is the case
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Jerry Rice tore his ACL at 35, which ended his 189 game streak.....

Long story short, I blame NBC for showing that ironman stat before Reggie got hurt, and this isn't the end for him.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Man, this is awful. Easily the worst Colts injury ever outside of Manning's two years ago. Yes, Marvin's was also bad, but back then we had a Reggie in his prime who we could rely on. Plus we had a prime Peyton who could turn anyone into an all world receiver. That's a sharp contrast to the situation that we're in now. Luck is a great young quarterback, but there's no doubt that Reggie was a huge security blanket for him. This is just a damn shame. Reggie is a legendary Colt and is the ultimate professional.

Even if Reggie makes a complete recovery, we MUST look at making a significant WR upgrade in the off-season. Injury aside, Reggie is 35 and can't possibly play for too much longer. We need a really solid receiver who Luck can grow up with. I'm a big Hilton fan, but he still hasn't put it all together yet. DHB is fast as hell, but the guy has stone hands.

Imagine how great we'd be if it weren't for all of these injuries. Reggie, Allen, Bradshaw, Ballard. It never ends.

In Pep's defense, he's had a rush of injuries that Arians didn't have to deal with.
    In Pep's defense the offense is better this year. We are averaging more points, less turnovers, and more yards per play. Pep doesn't need defending, especially for Arians.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    In Pep's defense the offense is better this year. We are averaging more points, less turnovers, and more yards per play. Pep doesn't need defending, especially for Arians.
    All of those stats should be better. He has a veteran quarterback, not a rookie. But that doesn't mean that there aren't times where his play calling should be questioned.

DHB is an enigma.... He's got the speed to be a deep threat... But the ability to catch deep balls is very questionable at best. OTOH, it seems like he does alright with short throws. So I'm thinking the Colts just need to utilize him more on short routes, WR screens, or get tricky occasionally with things like an end-around. Try and use his speed for YAC.

No use trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

In essence, kind of turf knee. The turf did not give and tear like natural turf probably would have under the same conditions, and the weakest point in the chain gave way instead.

A tragedy for Reggie and for the franchise.

We shall see if Luck can make some guys into good receivers on the fly like Peyton does. My guess is that he can.

It depends on how Pep calls the plays from Andrew here on out to see if he can make receivers. I mean with Reggie out they may actually think running the ball more might be a better option(I hope not)

T.Y. needs to immediately step up. He doesn't have to be Dez Bryant, but he needs to be a guy who we can consistently count on as our Number 1 receiver.

DHB obviously needs to morph into a reliable Number 2 receiver. He doesn't have to make impossible plays, but he needs to make difficult ones.....

These guys don't have to be 2006 Harrison-Wayne, but they need to be pretty good. This is their opportunity.

On what should be a day of celebration and adulation, my heart is just broken. 87 gave it all.

I don't know that I've been this crushed ever as a sports fan. Just sad.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    T.Y. needs to immediately step up. He doesn't have to be Dez Bryant, but he needs to be a guy who we can consistently count on as our Number 1 receiver.

DHB obviously needs to morph into a reliable Number 2 receiver. He doesn't have to make impossible plays, but he needs to make difficult ones.....

These guys don't have to be 2006 Harrison-Wayne, but they need to be pretty good. This is their opportunity.
    Apparently, Grigs is gonna try and wheel and deal before the 29th.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This blows. Truly sad right now. The win from yesterday has been marred.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

I hope we bring up Da'Rick Rogers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Apparently, Grigs is gonna try and wheel and deal before the 29th.

If anyone can wheel and deal, it's Grigs.

I hope there is some thought to these trades beyond this year. I mean, Luck is going to be good for a long time. I don't know if this is the year to make trades to try to win the SB at the possible expense of important future draft picks.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post

Yeah, that about sums it up. Manning looked sad when they cut to him around this time, too, while Reggie was still down.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I guess the silver lining of sorts is that we are not the Manning-era Colts that relied so heavily on the pass. With the way this Luck offense runs, they're not dead in the water, even though this is a blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Yeah, that about sums it up. Manning looked sad when they cut to him around this time, too, while Reggie was still down.
    That gif is heartbreaking.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post: