Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Colts fear Wayne tore ACL

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Schefter: Colts fear Wayne tore ACL

Colts fear WR Reggie Wayne tore his ACL, as @mortreport reported. Will be an MRI to confirm if true.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

This would just be devastation if true. We've been able to compensate for all of the injuries so far, but Reggie is different. He is the legendary HOF receiver who is our last offensive link to the past. He is Luck's security blanket. Our offense would lose so much potency without him.

Let's hope that we get a miracle from the MRI, but this doesn't sound good at all. It certainly puts a huge damper on what otherwise is a great morning.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Schefter: Colts fear Wayne tore ACL

I hope not. That would change so much for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

I would put money on it that he did. When looking at the replay from behind, I think you can see the femur slip. Not good.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

I wonder if Grigs has any more miracles? Any other teams willing to have some fire sales at this point?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

As soon as I heard them say sprained knee last night, I knew that this was the likely result.

It looks like he tore his ACL in early November in college and was able to come back and play the next season, although his numbers show a possibility of reduced explosiveness during that season. I think this is not as big of a concern for Reggie's future career as Marvin's knee injury was for his, but it's still a huge loss for this year. I especially fear that the Colts will go into even more of a ball control shell.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98...espnapi_public

The Indianapolis Colts were bracing for the worst after initial tests by doctors showed that receiver Reggie Wayne suffered a season-ending ACL injury in Sunday night's victory over the Denver Broncos, according to league sources.

One source said it "looks like he's out for the year" while another said the team was hoping the MRI "proves the doctors wrong on the ACL."

Wayne is scheduled to undergo that MRI on Monday.

Colts owner Jim Irsay was hoping for the best through his Twitter account early Monday.

Jim Irsay ✔ @JimIrsay

Prayers and much love for #87 Reggie...let's pray his right knee gets miracle news!!!!!! Love that man and pray for good news!!!!!!
    3:26 AM - 21 Oct 2013

Wayne injured his knee when he tried to come back for a ball underthrown by quarterback Andrew Luck with 7:15 left in their 39-33 victory over the Denver Broncos (6-1).

The 34-year-old Wayne has played in 189 straight games, the most among active players. The Colts (5-2) have a bye next weekend before playing at Houston on Nov. 3.

He finished Sunday night's game with five catches for 50 yards.

ESPN.com Colts reporter Mike Wells contributed to this report.
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.

On the replay, you can see the entire knee joint flex. He is gone boys.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

This guy is probably my favorite Colt ever outside of Manning (though Luck rapidly gains traction everyday). I will always be a huge fan of Harrison too, but the fact that Reggie hung around and helped bridge us to the Luck era puts him over Harrison in my personal fandom. It's been special watching this legendary Colt help our young QB succeed early in his career. For a long time, I think people attributed most of Wayne's success to having played with Manning, which is understandable to a point. But these last couple of seasons have shown just how great he is. In 2011, he somehow managed 960 yards despite having complete scrubs throwing him the ball all season. And in the last year and a half, he's obviously been phenomenal with Luck.

I love that both Wayne and Mathis stayed around. It has given us a strong veteran championship presence on both sides of the ball. Those two guys are very special.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't know about injuries but I thought being able to walk afterwards was a good thing. Unfortunately, he's probably done for the season.

This is a gut wrenching moment. Aside him being an awesome player and so valuable to this team with all the ramifications going forward(teams will be able to shut down more easily our other targets), he is a great guy and you can't help but root fot him. Plus he was like superman and never injured, you know?

As Sollozzo said, he is by far my favourite Colt ever along Peyton and it pains me to see him suffering and being injured.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Don't know about injuries but I thought being able to walk afterwards was a good thing. Unfortunately, he's probably done for the season.

This is a gut wrenching moment. Aside him being an awesome player and so valuable to this team with all the ramifications going forward(teams will be able to shut down more easily our other targets), he is a great guy and you can't help but root fot him. Plus he was like superman and never injured, you know?

As Sollozzo said, he is by far my favourite Colt ever along Peyton and it pains me to see him suffering and being injured.
    Rondo played for 12 minutes with a torn ACL last year. Julio Jones made one of the best catches I've ever seen after suffering a season ending foot injury. Sometimes guys can walk or even play after suffering brutal injuries.

LaVon Brazill needs to step up, I wonder if we will make a trade if it is indeed torn

Reggie's own reaction put this in the 'doesn't look good' category. Looking at the video I thought the knee that seemed to buckle somewhat wasn't actually the knee he was clutching so that is about the most hopeful thing. And I might've just saw that wrong on the video so that's not much to go on.

Luck took the blame for the injury on NBC last night after the game saying it was his fault due to the poorly thrown ball that Reggie was trying to adjust to.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

I'm getting impatient. I need to the know the MRI results.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Nah. I've seen plenty of people walk off after tearing their knee. Brian Cushing for the Texans walked off yesterday after tearing his LCL and breaking his leg.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This guy is probably my favorite Colt ever outside of Manning (though Luck rapidly gains traction everyday). I will always be a huge fan of Harrison too, but the fact that Reggie hung around and helped bridge us to the Luck era puts him over Harrison in my personal fandom. It's been special watching this legendary Colt help our young QB succeed early in his career. For a long time, I think people attributed most of Wayne's success to having played with Manning, which is understandable to a point. But these last couple of seasons have shown just how great he is. In 2011, he somehow managed 960 yards despite having complete scrubs throwing him the ball all season. And in the last year and a half, he's obviously been phenomenal with Luck.

I love that both Wayne and Mathis stayed around. It has given us a strong veteran championship presence on both sides of the ball. Those two guys are very special.
    Wayne has been my favorite Colt since about the second year after he broke out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Rondo played for 12 minutes with a torn ACL last year. Julio Jones made one of the best catches I've ever seen after suffering a season ending foot injury. Sometimes guys can walk or even play after suffering brutal injuries.
    Terrell Owens racked up 122 receiving yards in the Super Bowl with a broken leg and a torn ligament in his ankle. That was a medical miracle of sorts. That was probably a once in a lifetime type of gutsy performance... and T.O. is a little crazy too so you have to factor that in.

I felt really bad for Reggie Wayne and Andrew Luck last night. What should've been a signature moment of the game and perhaps the entire season if Luck could've hit Reggie in stride, turned out to be a season changing tragedy.
    Last edited by naptownmenace; 10-21-2013 at 10:59 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I had a partial tear of a MCL while in the woods. I was able to walk out and drag a deer at the same time. Main thing was the stiffness it caused. But then, I healed without surgery (taking about 6 mos. to do so).
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Banned

I'm pretty sure they already know but are waiting for confirmation, there is a test anybody can do to check for a torn ACL.

Banned

@1070Bruno: New Blog: Wayne reportedly done for year with torn ACL http://t.co/86keAcrzHo @1070thefan

Anyone know if Griff Whalen is still on the practice squad or no longer with the team?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

ManCave said this last night I wonder who the source was....

Regardless I know people think he'll be back and maybe but we thought that about Marvin when this happened with him(and it wasn't a torn ACL but a knee sprain) and he was never really the same.

Reggie is going to be 35 next month not sure how it bodes for his future here with the Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    ManCave said this last night I wonder who the source was....

Regardless I know people think he'll be back and maybe but we thought that about Marvin when this happened with him(and it wasn't a torn ACL but a knee sprain) and he was never really the same.

Reggie is going to be 35 next month not sure how it bodes for his future here with the Colts.
    I'm not so convinced Harrison only had a knee sprain, but that is another issue. To my actual point, the way they repair torn knee ligaments anymore I would say the odds of this being career ending to be unlikely. The difference between treating a sprain and a tear is with a sprained knee healing is just rest. The same tissue is allowed to just heal on its own basically. With the way they treat tears they replace the ligament. So while with a sprain you are relying on the same damaged ligament, with a tear you have a new ligament that hasn't been damaged, most likely, before. That is why Peterson was able to come back so quickly at such a high level, and why David West is still a beast. If it was ten or so years ago West would probably be retired by now, and Peterson would have seen a similar decrease in ability that we saw from Edge after his ligament tears.

Losing Wayne to an ACL tear hurts short term and long term.

He is our most consistent reviewing threat and I am not sure if TY is ready to be the main focus of the passing game. Wayne took the pressure of TY and others so they can work against lesser defenders.

Long term he is a 35 year old WR probably coming off a bad injury. Are we prepared to part ways with him if he is not his old self? I was hoping to get one more season and draft his replacement in this upcoming draft.

This is a big blow to take coming off such a big win.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Losing Wayne to an ACL tear hurts short term and long term.

He is our most consistent reviewing threat and I am not sure if TY is ready to be the main focus of the passing game. Wayne took the pressure of TY and others so they can work against lesser defenders.

Long term he is a 35 year old WR probably coming off a bad injury. Are we prepared to part ways with him if he is not his old self? I was hoping to get one more season and draft his replacement in this upcoming draft.

This is a big blow to take coming off such a big win.