Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help-Pacers Digest is broken for me!!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Help-Pacers Digest is broken for me!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously? MSE?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    The current version of MSE is extremely good. The most out of your way and lightweight anti-virus out there. Its ability to catch viruses compared to others has decreased slightly lately, but it is still very good.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

I like Linux too, especially Puppy, but also like Lubuntu. Unfortunately have found Flash doesn't
    work too well under Linux and is sluggish, and if you need the latest and greatest version of
    Java then you're out of luck. Also there are too many scanners that Linux drivers are not available
    for. It's still a great OS though.

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    I like Linux too, especially Puppy, but also like Lubuntu. Unfortunately have found Flash doesn't
    work too well under Linux and is sluggish, and if you need the latest and greatest version of
    Java then you're out of luck. Also there are too many scanners that Linux drivers are not available
    for. It's still a great OS though.
    If you're committed to using Linux, there are usually wrappers you can install that allow you to use Windows drivers on the OS. It doesn't help with the plug and play users, but it's always an option.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Apart from the recorded problem with the reply and double posting, I also don't get to see some pics posted on here and the majority of emoticons. Anyone else?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Apart from the recorded problem with the reply and double posting, I also don't get to see some pics posted on here and the majority of emoticons. Anyone else?
    Yeah I'm having troubles seeing pics and emoticons as well.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This is the virus software I use: Linux and Google Chrome. Works flawlessly.
    I use a Linux Debian Sid based distro (Siduction) along with IceWeasel (Firefox recompiled by Debian and rebranded).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:

So there are a few kinks with board everyone is facing right? Double posts seem to be happening for me, images/youtube not being shown at all times, and a strange error message when I reply to messages. Nothing to crazy, just seeing if anyone else is having issues.

This is the warning I get:

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

Obviously nothing crazy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

This is starting to drive me crazy. Shut it down for a day if thats what its going to take to figure out what all is going on.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

It is a known issue, able knows how to fix it, but for obvious reasons his paying business has to take precedence. He will get it fixed as soon as he has some time.

We apologize for the inconvenience but hopefully it won't be for much longer.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Linux is dandy in various ways for multiple reasons, but for me when I've tried using it, it never "felt right" to me on a casual usage level. From the way the mouse moves to the differences in how to configure it to the difference in applications... I just haven't been able to bring myself to abandon Windows (its warts and all) for it. Plus in my case I still like to occasionally be a PC gamer, I have a job that needs apps that I'm not sure I could perfectly match on Linux, and ultimately there's just a serious comfort zone since I've used Windows since about 1996.
    Yeah, I've found that it's power users, not casual users, who have the hardest time switching operating systems. I switched my mother-in-law to OpenOffice/Firefox/Thunderbird on Windows and left her alone for 3 months, then moved her data over to Linux. The only thing she noticed was that her desktop wallpaper changed.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heh, I just figured out the Avast thing. I thought the site was down because downforeveryoneorjustme.com has been reporting it down for the last two weeks (and continues to do so)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Yeah, I've found that it's power users, not casual users, who have the hardest time switching operating systems. I switched my mother-in-law to OpenOffice/Firefox/Thunderbird on Windows and left her alone for 3 months, then moved her data over to Linux. The only thing she noticed was that her desktop wallpaper changed.
    Power users can dual-boot though

I've thought about dual-booting, but I think what would happen is I would just keep booting to Windows and then ignore Linux.

I can't access the site on my laptop, yet I can on the home computer. It doesn't matter which connection I use or browser on the laptop, never works.

I have to access the site via anonymouse which is ok but you have to log in every few minutes.

Anyone have any solutions?
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    I can't access the site on my laptop, yet I can on the home computer. It doesn't matter which connection I use or browser on the laptop, never works.

I have to access the site via anonymouse which is ok but you have to log in every few minutes.

Anyone have any solutions?
    clear cache remove cookies reboot and go
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Same problem with Avast here.

The only thing I'm noticing that's still a bit 'off' is the quick reply sometimes doesn't display my response after I click to post it; I have to refresh the page to see it. But I'm not seeing double posts anymore.

Sometimes it's working fine, though; it did in this post's case.

Mood

The site pops up OK on my work computer, although the Trend Micro OfficeScan installed on this machine pops up immediately with a warning

I've thought about dual-booting, but I think what would happen is I would just keep booting to Windows and then ignore Linux.
    Dual booting is a waste of time. Not worth it.. if you dual boot, one of your OS's is going to run slow anyways. When you make the switch to a Linux distro, you need to go all in.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

If I try to connect via Tapatalk on my iphone, I get the error message "Tapatalk API is expired. Please contact your forum administrator..." Any fix for this? Apologies if I posted this in the wrong place.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Dual booting is a waste of time. Not worth it.. if you dual boot, one of your OS's is going to run slow anyways. When you make the switch to a Linux distro, you need to go all in.
    ?

No particular reason for that to happen. As long as everything is good on the disk before you install, there's no reason why a dual boot would have any performance problems.

Sure, there are ways to mess it up (bad fragmenting, poor choices for partition sizes, etc.) but the only reason that would be attributed to dual boot is because you have twice as much stuff on the disk.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

It depends on what you're using them for. I use Linux for work and Windows for play, and for me work doesn't really require anything system-intensive or space-intensive. My rig may not be exactly top of the line, but it's got plenty to handle all of my work and gaming needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    ?

No particular reason for that to happen. As long as everything is good on the disk before you install, there's no reason why a dual boot would have any performance problems.

Sure, there are ways to mess it up (bad fragmenting, poor choices for partition sizes, etc.) but the only reason that would be attributed to dual boot is because you have twice as much stuff on the disk.
    Correction- maybe I've just ****ed it up every time.

Either way I ended up only booting up my linux distro, so I didn't need the dual boot anyways.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

That's possible. That was certainly the case for me, until I decided to go "all in" with Linux as mattie says. Now it's gotten to the point that whenever I have to use a Windows machine, it feels pretty alien to me. Nothing major, but just little things that I'm used to working in a certain way (like middle mouse paste or windows rolling up).

Dual booting is kind of a pain, but thankfully there are other hybrid solutions. Wine/Crossover on Linux, or Cygwin on Windows, lets you get a bit from both worlds. Or play with Virtualbox, if you have a beefy enough machine. That pretty much lets you have your cake and eat it too.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

One more thing I've noticed. For the last month or so, typing in www.pacersdigest.com redirects to the Activity page, rather than the main forum listing like it used to.