Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Pacers @ Bulls 10/18/2013

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers @ Bulls 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by FireTheCoach View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    still know that we've got a couple of fundamental flaws like poor ball handling and mediocre passing skills, no different than last season though.
    Yeah those are still evident and the passing especially won't change. We are built like that and the ball movement will be slow bar when Lance is on the floor or if West keeps making some clever passes as the one he did to Roy tonight. As long as we win, it won't matter.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

2 words....free throws. if we hit those, we would have won, plain and simple. I think there was a stretch we missed 6 of 8 - that's unacceptable.

We need to have PG on Rose. Hill can easily guard Dunleavy and/or Butler and leave Granger on Deng.

I was glad to see Granger run with the starters. He looked good out there. He hit a couple of great 3s
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now that I'm calmed down, this was an away game in an environment that was pretty raucous for the entire second half and every time Rose attempted a shot in the first half. We lost this game because we didn't make the free throws we earned, and we were in the game to the end despite playing pretty badly for basically the entire second half. I think this is truly the first loss of the season for our players, even though it doesn't count. You can't try that hard to win and then be unfazed because you lost. It's not human nature.

But because it doesn't count in the standings, only good can come of it. I hope this lights a fire under our guys.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

I didn't catch most of the 2cd. half, maybe that wasn't a bad thing. Why so little Granger and Scola?

If the game is being called like it was tonight (not complaining, I thought Rose got hit on most of those calls) and Rose is able to penetrate and get to the line on every possession in the last five minutes, the Pacers cannot beat the Bulls in the playoffs.

On the flip side, if the Bulls entire end-of-game offense is to have Rose drive in the lane, then I don't see how they can beat Miami. LeBron will just shut him down like he did three years ago before the devastating knee injury.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It way too early to be speculating about what would happen if we played these guy in the playoffs. I suspect Lance might be a secret defensive option to stop the Rose Iso late.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Fans from both sides need to calm down. It is still the preseason. Pacers are the better team still IMO. We will be fine when we are playing to win the game and not playing to see what is working and what is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    It way too early to be speculating about what would happen if we played these guy in the playoffs. I suspect Lance might be a secret defensive option to stop the Rose Iso late.
    I'm not taking much away from these preseason games, but that didn't seem like a good idea tonight. Especially with Rose getting the touch calls in the lane.

Was at the game tonight.

These referees were PATHETIC. They blatantly were bad the entire game and basically caused foul trouble on PG early in the 3rd to take him out of the game and it ruined us.

What is happening with our free throw shooting? Was it not 2 years ago we were a top 5 ft shooting team?

Granger played within the offense tonight, its unfortunate his calf took him out of the game again. I love the 3 pt shooting he brings to the team.

CJ Watson is still looking pretty bad as a backup PG. If hes not hitting his shots, I'd rather bench him.

Scola looks so washed up at the moment. His mid range shot isn't there, he used to be really good at the pick and pop.

The box score basically says Stephenson had a good game. I honestly dont think he did. He was playing some poor defense and made some awful decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    Was at the game tonight.

These referees were PATHETIC. They blatantly were bad the entire game and basically caused foul trouble on PG early in the 3rd to take him out of the game and it ruined us.

What is happening with our free throw shooting? Was it not 2 years ago we were a top 5 ft shooting team?

Granger played within the offense tonight, its unfortunate his calf took him out of the game again. I love the 3 pt shooting he brings to the team.

CJ Watson is still looking pretty bad as a backup PG. If hes not hitting his shots, I'd rather bench him.

Scola looks so washed up at the moment. His mid range shot isn't there, he used to be really good at the pick and pop.

The box score basically says Stephenson had a good game. I honestly dont think he did. He was playing some poor defense and made some awful decisions.
    Sorry Scola has been a best player in the pre season by a country mile its not even close.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

We got into the offense pretty late at times, was hoping we would clean that up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Sorry Scola has been a best player in the pre season by a country mile its not even close.
    He's looked like Tyler with footwork and passing skills to me. If this is who he is now, he's still a big improvement, but I really hope he starts making shots soon.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

On the bright side of things, Andrew Wiggins is going to look nice running next to Paul George for the next decade!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's been decent but I think George, Hibbert, and West have all been easily better than Scola. Best bench player I could see though.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    My favorite was Stacey calling Paul George David West for the first half of the first quarter.
    They also said that before, the Pacers slowed it down, but when Vogel came he brought some speed and excitement to the Pacers.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

21. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    They also said that before, the Pacers slowed it down, but when Vogel came he brought some speed and excitement to the Pacers.
    I loved that. Notorious slow it down, pound the ball inside coach Jim O'brien replaced by run and gun master Frank Vogel.

There was also a nice couple minute stretch where they kept calling Hibbert "Mahinmi" and OJ "the guard."

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

I say this not because I hate the Bulls. Really. The Bulls announcers are simply Bush league. I'm surprised they cannot do better than that. Last night was hardly the only example.
    LeWade are going down.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    There was also a nice couple minute stretch where they kept calling Hibbert "Mahinmi" and OJ "the guard."
    Yeah, I heard "Mahinmi gets the block" and I thought "That was Roy-esque. Ian's really improving." On the next play, Hibbert did something good on O and I thought Hibs and Mahinmi were out there together. Took me a second to realize what was up.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Are we watching the same games? I've been underwhelmed. I expect him to improve, so I'm not frustrated about it, but he's definitely going to need to improve.

That being said, I hate putting Scola out there with Mahinmi, Solo, and CJ. He should have two "starters" (including DG + Lance) with him at all times.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This isn't preseason. This is a real game and the Bulls are beating us with Joakim Noah sitting on the bench. I think our guys need to rethink where they are on the pecking list in the East. They are now officially looking up to Chicago and Miami...and possibly Brooklyn.
    This is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Guess we shouldn't watch the team this year, it's hopeless.

We need to bow down to the big markets and know our place.

The Bulls beat the Nets in the playoffs last year without Rose and Deng- they can compete without a full roster. We have known this for awhile.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. Guess we shouldn't watch the team this year, it's hopeless.

We need to bow down to the big markets and know our place.

The Bulls beat the Nets in the playoffs last year without Rose and Deng- they can compete without a full roster. We have known this for awhile.
    Wow, what an overreaction. Talk about ridiculous. Not sure where you read in my post that it's hopeless. Not sure where I said anything about big markets. Man, you are something else.
    LeWade are going down.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Are we watching the same games? I've been underwhelmed. I expect him to improve, so I'm not frustrated about it, but he's definitely going to need to improve.

That being said, I hate putting Scola out there with Mahinmi, Solo, and CJ. He should have two "starters" (including DG + Lance) with him at all times.

The one thing this team needs is a "Get under their skin" player who is feisty. A player with skills that has a Tyler H
    mentality. Especially against the Bulls.
    Where is Jeff Foster when you need him.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

33. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    The one thing this team needs is a "Get under their skin" player who is feisty. A player with skills that has a Tyler H
    mentality. Especially against the Bulls.
    Where is Jeff Foster when you need him.
    I think what this team needs is discipline. At the FT line and handling the ball.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Get the losing out of their system now. Hopefully they are getting sick of it.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I think what this team needs is discipline. At the FT line and handling the ball.
    Of those two the turnovers are the most egregious. Easy scores for the other team and a lost opportunity for the Pacers.
    Free throws affect only the Pacers side.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-