Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Mavs @ Pacers 3rd preseason game

Mood

Default Re: Mavs @ Pacers 3rd preseason game

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Miami Heat scored 62 pts last night. I think this board would phsyically meltdown if that happened to the Pacers.
    Not only that, but when I turned the game on it was about 10 minutes to go in the third quarter, and they only had 29 points. This board would be experiencing a nuclear meltdown if that was us.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'm trying to find the original thread on that. There are lots of threads referencing it, but I can't find the original. Can you?

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22w...om&safe=active
    The earliest I can find appears to be here (11/15/2012):

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...er#post1529757

Let’s hit the bullet points.

• Lance needs to shoot the ball more. In fact seeing as how he has the highest field goal % of any of our wings I would suggest we start looking to let him get his shot more often if we can.
    • The 3 combined free throw attempts by our starting forward tandem is pretty disgusting.
    • Gerald Green quietly put together a decent offensive game. He was burned on defense several times but when we are struggling so bad on the offensive end anyone hitting a shot should be cheered at this point.
    • A good point made by the broadcast team tonight is that while the defense has been solid they are not creating turnovers like they did last season that led to the transition points we were getting.
    • Paul George’s trade value will never be higher.
    • Monta Ellis was finally able to get a win vs. the Pacers of course it took Danny not being there for him to finally do it but who’s counting.
    • Mahinmi getting 7 min. in this blow out? I’m starting to wonder if Frank isn’t bucking at losing Lou. Remember last season he wouldn’t play Fez over Lou either so I think Frank really liked what Lou brought to the team.
    • As another poster brilliantly stated I wonder if Agustin won’t be in the D league next year. Dude is just horrid.
    • Sam Young had a decent game, he didn’t have to pass much so it worked out for him this time.
    I don't see anything earlier, though at one point in the thread vnzla says something about Peck making this statement "repeatedly." It doesn't happen in that thread, and there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that specific statement over the previous couple of weeks in Peck's posts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    The Miami Heat scored 62 pts last night. I think this board would phsyically meltdown if that happened to the Pacers.
    With 4 (if you count Battier as a starter) out of their 5 starters playing several minutes. They are doomed, I'm telling ya.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Not only that, but when I turned the game on it was about 10 minutes to go in the third quarter, and they only had 29 points. This board would be experiencing a nuclear meltdown if that was us.
    It's also important to note that LeBron James played 28 minutes and Chris Bosh played 30 minutes. They were also the only players on the team to hit more than 2 shots. But it's pre-season so I'm quite sure that they don't really care.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    It's also important to note that LeBron James played 28 minutes and Chris Bosh played 30 minutes. They were also the only players on the team to hit more than 2 shots. But it's pre-season so I'm quite sure that they don't really care.

Yeah, the further you go, the less likely you are to care about pre-season. King and Co. have two recent rings that they're polishing. Guys with that sort of success don't worry about winning meaningless games in mid October that don't even count. You're not going to see Lebron go pedal to the metal so that he can bust out a 33/10/8 stat line in mid-October.

The Pacers were more successful last season than every team in the league except for two. These guys aren't even six months removed from a deep playoff run. Everyone in the Pacer locker room knows what it takes to win the games that count. Pre-season is only important so that veteran guys can work their bodies back into shape, and for bottom feeder players to play their tails off in hopes of earning a good spot in the rotation.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

The preseason so far has been a disappointment but this team has enough of a track record based on the last two years for me to give them the benefit of the doubt. Even if they start slow we know that they have shown the ability to get hot and end up with a good record.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Once again, everyone is allowed to have their own opinion.
    True, but some carry more weight than others. I'll take the basketball lifer over the guy behind the computer every time.
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 10-18-2013 at 05:16 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'm trying to find the original thread on that. There are lots of threads referencing it, but I can't find the original. Can you?

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22w...om&safe=active
    I'll search when I get home. He said it several times, I think jokingly. I'm sure I said some foolish things too at that point. We were playing some bad Bball.

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Obviously, the question now is whether the Pacers are going to tank for Wiggins, or struggle mightily and secure the coveted 10th pick in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Obviously, the question now is whether the Pacers are going to tank for Wiggins, or struggle mightily and secure the coveted 10th pick in the draft?
    Yes, being 0-4 after only 3 games is unheard of. Losing 4 games when they have only played 3, the tank is defiantly on.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    True, but some carry more weight than others. I'll take the basketball lifer over the guy behind the computer every time.
    And you have every right to do so. Again, this is your opinion. You know, the opinion of some guy behind the computer

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

And you have every right to do so. Again, this is your opinion. You know, the opinion of some guy behind the computer
    It's not really a disputed idea that people with lots of experience and expertise should generally be listened to a bit more seriously than the average Joe.

However, to make it interesting, every once in a while, the "guy behind the computer" is smarter—a la JOB, etc.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

19. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    It's not really a disputed idea that people with lots of experience and expertise should generally be listened to a bit more seriously than the average Joe.
    That's mostly true but still everyone should be free to form his own opinion.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Banned

However, to make it interesting, every once in a while, the "guy behind the computer" is smarter—a la JOB, etc.
    Some guys behind the computer thought that the bench "upgrade" last year was a huge fail.

That's assuming every legend would agree with Slick about preseason is something that's a concern. I can dig up plenty of quotes where legends dismiss preseason. Let's not pretend like Slick's opinion is above disagreeing with.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Not you necessarily but this idea that Slick said it so it must be true.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post: