36 58.06%
  • Neither, play Copeland at the 3

10 16.13%
  • Neither, play George Hill at the 2

3 4.84%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4th Wing - Solo or Pulp?

Default Re: 4th Wing - Solo or Pulp?

About halfway through the fourth quarter, I was getting ready to say something like "I've been impressed with Orlando Johnson. I think Solo looks very good for a rookie, but it really seems like OJ has more to offer this year."

Then OJ went into beast mode and almost single-handedly brought the team back from 23 down, which made my statement look downright conservative.

I like Solo a lot, and wouldn't have any problem with him getting minutes if Orlando wasn't on the team. But for now, how can Orlando not be the 4th wing?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know, but I do know I hate the nickname Pulp
    Me too, and I don't even know who it is.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

This thread is becoming more and more relevant.

It seems like a question of whether we need offense or defense from our 4th (3rd?) wing.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

It probably depends on match ups but I really like OJ.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I think in 80% of cases I prefer OJ.

Looks like this is being pretty well resolved... OJ's clearly been the better player and he was great again last night.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I cheated and voted after the game. OJ looked good last night, and I can't remember a single play where I even noticed Solomon Hill on the court except to notice that he looked small when he entered the game.

It's clearly Juice right now.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cheated and voted after the game. OJ looked good last night, and I can't remember a single play where I even noticed Solomon Hill on the court except to notice that he looked small when he entered the game.
    I didn't even realize this was an old thread. I'm a slacker.

I like Pulp a lot, I honestly thought he could have seen more minutes last year. I'm not sure how much damage he'll do but I think for right now, the best course of action is to let Johnson play and let Hill develop in practice and garbage time scenarios. But honestly I could see our bench situation being very fluid this season, and heavily dependent on matchups and form. Which could be great - competition for playing time is a heck of a lot better than trying to find the least bad option, which is what last year felt like sometimes.
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

"And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Brohan Cruyff For This Useful Post: