Page 95 of 248 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goaltending is not a reviewable call.
    It was in the Pacers loss to the Pistons I believe... Where a block shot was overturnedm..

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

NBA introduced rule that late goaltending calls are reviewable, didn't they? Could have sworn I saw that recently.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    It was in the Pacers loss to the Pistons I believe... Where a block shot was overturnedm..
    In the last two minutes, it is now reviewable.
    @qandrews9428

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    It was in the Heat game. It was ruled a goaltend but was (rightfully) overturned and counted as a block.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/playerseaso...=2751&teamId=6

Monta, on a team with other good players, is doing what I (and vnzla) thought he could do. Is this the year he finally makes the all-star team?

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

it has to be ruled a goaltend during live action to be reviewable

Banned

This is so funny "football guy" broke my nose by trying to steal it by hitting my face instead of the ball few years ago lol

"Tall guy that can only shoot 3's" is the best
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-20-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looking at some advanced stats today coupled with my love of this player scouting wise since watching him at BC( I was pissed we traded for George Hill wanted Jackson). If I am a team in the need of a starting pg I do everything in my power to get Reggie Jackson. He has always had the tools to be an elite player and he is on his way to fulfilling that potential. He is already one of the best guard defenders in the NBA and a terrific PnR player. He is way to good to be playing 24mpg. This is Eric Beldsoe all over again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This is so funny "football guy" broke my nose by trying to steal it by hitting my face few years ago lol

"Tall guy that can only shoot 3's" is the best
    I'm a combination of "The Dad + Kid" and "The Old Guy" ( that can sort of play ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm "The Dad + Kid".
    I'm not going to lie I hate that guy

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I'm not going to lie I hate that guy
    Well, I don't play pick up ball with anyone I don't know...like where I'd go play pick up ball with strangers....I only play basketball with my Nephews ( who are in their late teens / early 20s ) and have no choice but to play with him . And yes...most of the time we go play ball...I have to take my son along ( he's the kid in my Avatar whose 9 now ). He knows how to play, dribble the ball, bring it up ( assuming there isn't too much pressue ) and all and shoot...but ( of course ) gives up about a foot in height compared to my nephews. He even "Ds" me up....but we mostly let him play for about 10 minutes then sub him out after awhile. Having him play with us is better than him sitting in front of the PS3 playing NBA2k14
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-20-2013 at 07:36 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Welcome to the NBA Ben McLemore meet Lebron James. That was a poster!!

Your not in Kansas anymore young one.

I got mad props for Ben. Everyone gets dunked on. I respect the guy who is willing to try to stop a player rather than the person who is afraid to get dunked on and gets out of the way.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-20-2013 at 08:06 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jorts's reign of terror continues.

5/5 outside the paint, 2/2 from the arc.

He is torturing poor Cody zeller...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Swaggy P playing PG, grab the popcorn...
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

DeRozan is ballin' right now. Still had a bad overall game though.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

what's Minnesota wearing?

Sports Logo

True praise....true praise indeed:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Stick%E2%80%99

The Detroit Pistons handed the Indiana Pacers their first home loss of the season earlier this week thanks in part to a near double-double from Andre Drummond. In two games against the Pacers this season, Drummond is averaging 7.5 points, 9.0 rebounds and 0.5 blocks per game. Those numbers, in addition to his minutes, are significantly lower than his season averages.

That's because Drummond has had to face off against Roy Hibbert, one of the few traditional big men in today’s guard-orientied NBA. Drummond has collected nine fouls in the two games. Facing off against Drummond, who is seven years younger, hasn’t been easy for Hibbert either. The two seem to neutralize one another when the Pacers and Pistons battle. Hibbert, who averages 12.6 points, 8.6 rebounds and 2.9 blocks, has posted just 14 points and 14 boards in 69 minutes against the Central Division rival.

“It's fun playing those types of games, especially against a guy like Roy Hibbert,” Drummond told RealGM. "I can use playing against him as a measuring stick as to where I am and where I need to get to.”

Drummond is one of just eight players averaging a double-double this season, posting 13.3 points, 12.7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks for Detroit. He also has a PER of 22.49, which ranks 14th in the league and is fourth among all big men.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

I'm happy about Xavier Henry I liked him in college and thought he had the talent to make it in the NBA, nice to see him doing well, same with Wesley.

As Jalen Rose says sometimes players are drafted by the wrong teams and I think this was the case.

Banned

Oh yeah and my guy Evan Turner is doing pretty well too

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    what's Minnesota wearing?
    looks like kevin love is wearing pajamas

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Jorts's reign of terror continues.

5/5 outside the paint, 2/2 from the arc.

He is torturing poor Cody zeller...
    So.....how did that turn out?

Nights like these are just pleasant...especially after the week we have had...

Pacers blow out a pretty good Houston team....Danny comes back....and the Pistons blow a 14 point lead going into the 4th by getting outscored 41-17 by Charlotte...Detroit and Charlotte are both arguably better on the road than they are at home...go figure

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    http://m.espn.go.com/nba/playerseaso...=2751&teamId=6

Monta, on a team with other good players, is doing what I (and vnzla) thought he could do. Is this the year he finally makes the all-star team?
    As I said before, I have to give it to vnzla (and you) about Monta. It certainly looks like you were right. When coached by a good coach (Carlisle seems to have a special way of improving most SGs that he gets his hands on, like Mayo) and playing alongisde a HOFer (Dirk) then he can be a pretty effective player.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So is it time to look back at this promo? Was funny initially but parts of it are absurd now (Rose getting 70, James Harden MVP, Steve Nash playing), while others get closer to reality (Kobe injured again, though he'd have to be dragged out to retire, and Knicks wanting Phil Jackson lol)

"It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Patrick Beverley just broke his hand.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Well, DJ Augustin is playing pretty darn well for Chicago..
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!