Page 89 of 248 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Banned

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Milsap is so underrated is not even funny what can't he do? he can post up, can shoot the jumper, the guy can rebound, can play D and can even hit the 3, really good player.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Damn, Pau Gasol played some great D down the stretch to win that game. Hit clutch FTs to boot.
    "He's too little! He's too little! Hook his @ss he's too little!!" - David West

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

OKC is definitely a team that scares me. I don't think that we match up well against them. However, OKC does not match up well with Miami. I don't see how they can beat Miami. They don't have the scorer at the C position that you need in order to beat Miami.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn, Pau Gasol played some great D down the stretch to win that game. Hit clutch FTs to boot.
    They went to Al Jefferson too much in the final possessions just like they did against us. It wasn't the best choice, imo.

PS: Kobe at PG is really not that bad.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Miami just blew 19 point lead in about 14 minutes against Cleveland. Cavs are now up.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Blazers putting up a clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    They went to Al Jefferson too much in the final possessions just like they did against us. It wasn't the best choice, imo.

PS: Kobe at PG is really not that bad.

Considering the alternatives they don't have much of a choice but they should consider him at the point but they lack depth in that position.

I don't know if the Pacers will win it all this year but I don't see Miami winning it all this year.

Going to three Finals in a row takes a lot out of a team.

I think OKC will win it all this season.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

owl

Banned

DJ Augustin kind of looks like Drose with the Bulls uniform on

I can't remember a time when a conference had this many bad records....
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Banned

My guy Vasquez destroyed the Bulls on that last quarter he was passing the ball left and right I'm not feeling sorry for him anymore because it looks like they are going to play him a lot, not only that but he is going to get paid there too so good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    I can't remember a time when a conference had this many bad records....
    Its soo bad and to think there are teams in the Western Conference who won't make the playoffs even though they are probably more deserving.

I find the Pacers vs Western Teams and Miami more interesting to watch the others? Seem like a chore to watch at times.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    We may wish we had kept Plumlee over Scola. Miles is a decade younger and is showing he can play at a high level for a winning team.

I still love the trade because we needed a proven veteran presence off the bench and Scola just fits perfectly with these guys. After last year's train wreck of a bench, priority number one was bringing in a vet like Scola who we knew could play.

That being said, Plumlee's emergence this season does make me wish that we would have given him more than 55 total minutes last year.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I still love the trade because we needed a proven veteran presence off the bench and Scola just fits perfectly with these guys. After last year's train wreck of a bench, priority number one was bringing in a vet like Scola who we knew could play.

That being said, Plumlee's emergence this season does make me wish that we would have given him more than 55 total minutes last year.
    Scola has probably helped the Pacers win quite a few games based off his jump shots and hustle plays, I can think of a number of games. Plumlee would be interesting to still have but I don't think he would be a great fit here, would be a foul magnet, and would not get the minutes to produce like he is in Phoenix. Suns have two driving point guards that give him easy dunks, and while he's made some great defensive plays, and is more than serviceable (probably many thanks to Roy), he's just not the grind it out big the Pacers need moreso. Just sucks that Mahinmi is playing poorly atm, I thought initially he was playing pretty well, he just fell off a cliff once the road trip started.

Just imagine relying on Copeland playing the 4, I wouldn't ever consider playing Ian and Plumlee together.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    Actually, as things stand right now...OKC would probably beat Indy in a 7 game series...while Miami would likely beat OKC in a 7 game series...while Indy would likely beat Miami in a 7 game series...kinda funny how things work out...but matchups are matchups....
    I'm definitely looking forward to our home game against OKC that wii take place during the final few days of the season. I'm hoping we suffer no major injuries and that Granger is in full form by then. I think that game will point out two things. That we can play with and beat OKC. And, that home court advantage is extremely important throughout the entirety of the playoffs.

I think that home court is likely to be the deciding factor in the playoffs this year. It could be the determining factor between Miami and the Pacers. And it could be the deciding factor between the EC champ and the WC champ.

The top teams of the league are so evenly matched that home court may be more important this season than it has been for several years. This is certainly why I'm very impressed with the Pacers' approach to the season and always placing 100% of the focus on the next game.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

We beat OKC at home towards the end of the 11-12 season. We had a rough way to go against them last year, as well as last weekend, but I think we'll look far better against them on April 13 at home. We do play at Miami on April 11, but we will have a full day to rest at home before the Thunder game.

But if we get to a point where we have to significantly worry about OKC, then that will mean that this season is successful on an epic scale...........

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    We beat OKC at home towards the end of the 11-12 season. We had a rough way to go against them last year, as well as last weekend, but I think we'll look far better against them on April 13 at home. We do play at Miami on April 11, but we will have a full day to rest at home before the Thunder game.

But if we get to a point where we have to significantly worry about OKC, then that will mean that this season is successful on an epic scale...........
    Wow, I didn't notice that, but twice in the same season PG has to deal with Durant and LeBron back to back, the 2nd time will be the opposite order. It is near the end of the season, so I could easily see the Pacers, Heat, or Thunder resting players at that point depending on playoff seed.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/12/13/suns-looking-to-trade-picks-in-2014-draft

The Suns, obviously encouraged by a promising start and with several attractive assets at their disposal, are making it known around the league they are open to trading one or more picks in the loaded 2014 draft if they can get an established star capable of making an impact now, NBA.com has learned.

The move to capitalize on the enviable flexibility of probably having two choices in June and as many as four, along with the potential of about $20 million in cap space in the summer, comes with Phoenix at 12-9 and far exceeding most preseason projections. Adding a proven player in exchange for the uncertainty of the draft, even one as stacked as 2014, could greatly accelerate the rebuilding and firmly establish the Suns as a playoff regular again.
    Ryan McDonough's doing a helluva job.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Its soo bad and to think there are teams in the Western Conference who won't make the playoffs even though they are probably more deserving.
    Those teams will get a higher draft pick, though, and that will keep building the gap between the two conferences.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Eric Gordon for Okafor + Rivers + a 1st (or 2, depending which ones they sent) makes some sense.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Eric Gordon for Okafor + Rivers + a 1st (or 2, depending which ones they sent) makes some sense.
    Gordon cant be traded to the Suns under this contract since he signed a sheet with the Suns.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Gordon cant be traded to the Suns under this contract since he signed a sheet with the Suns.
    Yeah, that's right, forgot about that whole "my heart's in Phoenix" ordeal. I dunno, I don't see many "established stars" they could realistically go after.

Sports Logo

Thad Young'd be involved pretty clearly. I just don't get it for Philly. They gonna try and make Noel a 4? His body would dictate it but his offensive game is nowhere close, and obviously Asik is ELITE defensively but he can't score either.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Still, defensively a Noel Asik tandem could be formidable to say the least. I like trying Young next to Dwight as well.

Banned

I'm not sure Young is the kind of guy that should be next to Howard, to me the Rockets need somebody bigger at the PF position.