Page 82 of 248 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Banned

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are the Kings now a playoff team? Who wants to put their reputation on the line and say "yes"?
    Their coach doesn't convince me so I'm going to say no, now if they get a coach that knows how to play the players they have and knows how to use Rudy/Cousins they could have a chance(next year).

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Nah, Kings aren't a playoff team. Rudy is terrible.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Kings are too far behind now to make the playoffs. Idk, I'm kinda intrigued to see the new Kings. They had 5 wins at the time of the trade. Can it really get worse? They can be a really fun team to watch now.

You wouldn't think they have a chance, but it appears they are only 4.5 games out of the 8th seed right now, with 4 months of regular season left, so if you believe that Gay and Williams will play well there with Cousins and Thomas et al... maybe? I dunno.

As bad as Rudy's played and as bad as the Kings are, something is telling me this will work out on the court for the Kings.

I think this is one of those weird trades that looks terrible on paper but will work out. We'll see.

Banned

@WojYahooNBA: Chicago is a strong frontrunner to sign D.J Augustin, league sources told Yahoo. After Toronto release, clears waivers Wednesday at 5 pm.

Hahahajahababanananananananajanahajahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't see how they get better by adding another guy that never passes....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

As bad as DJ is, he's still better than Marquis Teague.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Nah, Kings aren't a playoff team. Rudy is terrible.
    I'd love to know what happened to him. I was never that big of Rudy fan, even at Uconn. But he went through a stretch where he was playing quite well..and then his play just deteriorated. Maybe contract year?

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Kobe's interviews are the best. Funny how much more likable he became once he stopped trying to be likable and just acted like the *** he actually is.
    You know, I've also really grown to love Kobe. His game is absolutely beautiful. He's one of the all time greats and he's worked his *** off to make that happen. He has his flaws as a player (imagine how good he could be if focused on passing...), but you have to respect the hell out of him.

I noticed how my attitude changed towards him when he tore his achilles and gave that heartwrenching interview after the game. At that point, no one was sure he would return and you could tell he was heartbroken. It was pretty cool to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    @WojYahooNBA: Chicago is a strong frontrunner to sign D.J Augustin, league sources told Yahoo. After Toronto release, clears waivers Wednesday at 5 pm.

I..... I..... What?

Wow have things gone south for Chicago.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

If thats not proof of tanking i dont know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    They are about the only franchise in professional sports that has never had a true downswing. Even my Yankees had a 12 season period from 1982-1993 in which they didn't make the postseason. The Celtics were obviously in rough shape for most of the years from 1992-2007. But the longest that the Lakers have ever gone in between NBA Finals appearances is 9 years. The roughest years for the Lakers were the 5 years in between Earv and Diesel. They are an unbelievably fortunate franchise.

They might suffer a couple of rough years without Kobe, but they will eventually figure out a way to clear cap space and lure another big name star there. It's inevitable. The Lakers will never stay irrelevant for too long. It's just way too appealing of a place to play.
    I disagree about them never having a downswing though from 1991-1996 there was a downswing then they got Shaq and Kobe and the rest is history. They also didn't win a championship from 1988-2000.

That being said after Kobe hangs it up yes the Lakers will take a major slide down. Now if Jeanie were to have taken over the team I'd say differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I disagree about them never having a downswing though from 1991-1996 there was a downswing then they got Shaq and Kobe and the rest is history. They also didn't win a championship from 1988-2000.

That being said after Kobe hangs it up yes the Lakers will take a major slide down. Now if Jeanie were to have taken over the team I'd say differently.
    If 91-96 is their biggest downswing, then that kind of proves my point. They still actually made the playoffs in 4 of those 5 seasons (92, 93, 95, 96) and won a playoff series in 1995. So in their "downswing" years, they were still making the playoffs. They just weren't contending for championships. For any other sports franchise, a "downswing" is when you miss the playoffs for a bunch of seasons.

And while they did go 12 years in between winning championships, they went just 9 years in between NBA Finals (91-00). They had Magic up until 1991, and then they got Shaq in 1996. Shaq and Kobe didn't immediately win a championship together, but it was pretty clear that these guys were too talented to not inevitably hang some championship banners. It just took a few years and the arrival of Philip for it to happen.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...nce-frank-loss

Kidd's rant filled with expletives

Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd reportedly used a 13-letter word in an expletive-filled rant against assistant Lawrence Frank following the team's loss in Orlando on Nov. 3, NBA.com reported Monday.

"Sit the (expletive) down! I'm the coach of this (13-letter word) team! When you're on the bench, don't (expletive) move," Kidd said, according to NBA.com reporter David Aldridge. The report did not offer further details of what the 13-letter word was.

The argument ultimately led to Frank being reassigned to a reduced role which Kidd described as "to doing daily reports."

Frank was told at one point by somebody in the organization to curb his behavior on the bench during games and not be as active and demonstrative as he was earlier in the season, sources told ESPNNewYork.com. The week before he learned he would not be helping run practices or sit on the bench during games, it was definitely noticeable that Frank wasn't doing as much.

According to the NBA.com report, other coaches facing the Nets thought Frank was ill since he was being so quiet.

"You know, I don't know," small forward Paul Piercesaid Monday when asked why things with Frank didn't work out. "That's something for the coaching staff, I think. He worked hard, he did the things that they asked him to do that I thought were on the court. But obviously some behind-the-scenes things that probably went down that didn't go well with the coaches and that's why the decision was made."

Frank signed a six-year contract worth approximately $6 million, according to sources, to be Kidd's mentor, the team's defensive coordinator and help ease Kidd into his new head coaching role. Multiple reports say he has hired attorneys and will eventually seek a buyout.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I..... I..... What?

Man oh man! They signing all the Pacers trash! LOL! Crazy.

But seriously, they gonna have to blow it up. Would you trade them Lance and Scola for Taj Gibson? I think I might.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    As bad as DJ is, he's still better than Marquis Teague.
    Can Marquis Teague hit any shot inside the 3pt line? Cuz if he can....then he's already better than DJ.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I..... I..... What?

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Man oh man! They signing all the Pacers trash! LOL! Crazy.

But seriously, they gonna have to blow it up. Would you trade them Lance and Scola for Taj Gibson? I think I might.
    No.....I wouldn't. The last thing I want is to see Good Lance play the Pacers...much less trade him to a Team on the same division. The only reason to trade Lance is if the FO doesn't think that they can re-sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Can Marquis Teague hit any shot inside the 3pt line? Cuz if he can....then he's already better than DJ.
    Even if Marquis Teague cannot any shots inside the 3pt line, but he is fully aware that he cannot make those shots, and thus he doesn't chuck up shots at inopportune times, then he's still better than DJ.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...nce-frank-loss

Kidd's rant filled with expletives

Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd reportedly used a 13-letter word in an expletive-filled rant against assistant Lawrence Frank following the team's loss in Orlando on Nov. 3, NBA.com reported Monday.

"Sit the (expletive) down! I'm the coach of this (13-letter word) team! When you're on the bench, don't (expletive) move," Kidd said, according to NBA.com reporter David Aldridge. The report did not offer further details of what the 13-letter word was.

The argument ultimately led to Frank being reassigned to a reduced role which Kidd described as "to doing daily reports."

Frank was told at one point by somebody in the organization to curb his behavior on the bench during games and not be as active and demonstrative as he was earlier in the season, sources told ESPNNewYork.com. The week before he learned he would not be helping run practices or sit on the bench during games, it was definitely noticeable that Frank wasn't doing as much.

According to the NBA.com report, other coaches facing the Nets thought Frank was ill since he was being so quiet.

"You know, I don't know," small forward Paul Piercesaid Monday when asked why things with Frank didn't work out. "That's something for the coaching staff, I think. He worked hard, he did the things that they asked him to do that I thought were on the court. But obviously some behind-the-scenes things that probably went down that didn't go well with the coaches and that's why the decision was made."

Frank signed a six-year contract worth approximately $6 million, according to sources, to be Kidd's mentor, the team's defensive coordinator and help ease Kidd into his new head coaching role. Multiple reports say he has hired attorneys and will eventually seek a buyout.
    13 letter expletive?

Is it Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

Honestly, I can think of only one...but it's 12 letters long...not 13.

As for this inner-turmoil for the Nets....all I can say is what I have been saying since the Nets have begun to implode:

Last edited by CableKC; 12-10-2013 at 03:45 PM.

lol No, actually he can't. He was sent down to the DLeague, which ended up being a VERY short stint, but it was only after he went 1 for like 22. He's shooting a blistering 23% right now.

EDIT: Okay, now I see DJ is shooting 29%. But Marquis has taken 11more shots, through 11 games compared to DJ's 10 games. DJ's 3pt shooting is atrocious.
    Last edited by Since86; 12-10-2013 at 03:56 PM.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

13 letter expletive?

As for this inner-turmoil for the Nets....all I can say is what I have been saying since the Nets have begun to implode:

Motherf***ing has 13.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

13 letter expletive?

Mother F......

13 letter expletive?

Replace the -er on the end of the word you're thinking with -ing.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: