Page 81 of 248 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will definitely be interesting to see how or if the Lakers can become mighty again once he's gone. If the people who were running things in the first decade of the 2000's were still around I'd be much more concerned, but this group? They seem decidedly mediocre in comparison, so if they don't get very lucky then I wouldn't be surprised if this is a dark decade for that franchise. They're way, way overdue for some down times, so it won't hurt my feelings any if they're bad or just so-so for years to come.
    I don't like the clippers either, but I'd much rather them have a turn in la.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Ray McCallum is now the backup in Sacramento Jimmer still on the pine according to coach Malone.

also Thomas Robinson is throwing a block party tonight all of the Jazz are invited.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

So does Jimmer have a place in the league at this point, or is he just not good enough?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I'll be glad when kobe retires. Tired of him, tired of the lakers and tired of kobespn.
    It will be really interesting to see what the Lakers do next season. They will have 4 Players on the roster with roughly $36 mil on the Books. That should leave them about $26 mil UNDER the Salary Cap. I can see D'Antoni being fired and the Team rebuilt completely from the ground up that fits whatever new Coach they hire.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

So does Jimmer have a place in the league at this point, or is he just not good enough?
    I never thought he did, but I also view basketball the same way as the Kings coach does. He is a defensive minded coach. Maybe in the perfect situation he could be a rotation bench player, not if I was coaching or a GM though.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    also Thomas Robinson is throwing a block party tonight all of the Jazz are invited.
    Is he serving chips and dip as well?

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It will definitely be interesting to see how or if the Lakers can become mighty again once he's gone. If the people who were running things in the first decade of the 2000's were still around I'd be much more concerned, but this group? They seem decidedly mediocre in comparison, so if they don't get very lucky then I wouldn't be surprised if this is a dark decade for that franchise. They're way, way overdue for some down times, so it won't hurt my feelings any if they're bad or just so-so for years to come.

They are about the only franchise in professional sports that has never had a true downswing. Even my Yankees had a 12 season period from 1982-1993 in which they didn't make the postseason. The Celtics were obviously in rough shape for most of the years from 1992-2007. But the longest that the Lakers have ever gone in between NBA Finals appearances is 9 years. The roughest years for the Lakers were the 5 years in between Earv and Diesel. They are an unbelievably fortunate franchise.

They might suffer a couple of rough years without Kobe, but they will eventually figure out a way to clear cap space and lure another big name star there. It's inevitable. The Lakers will never stay irrelevant for too long. It's just way too appealing of a place to play.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-09-2013 at 10:19 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I never thought he did, but I also view basketball the same way as the Kings coach does. He is a defensive minded coach. Maybe in the perfect situation he could be a rotation bench player, not if I was coaching or a GM though.
    Maybe he should go play for D'Antoni.

I was thinking the place was appealing, but I would guess New York wouldn't struggle either, and look at them.

Granted, the LFO isn't that bad..but they haven't been good.

Mood

Pizza Guy!!

Jose Calderon and Monta Ellis has Pizza Guy salivating.

Pizza Guy might be my favorite player in the league.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I'll be glad when kobe retires. Tired of him, tired of the lakers and tired of kobespn.

I won't. I hate that he broke our hearts in 2000, but I've been a fan of Kobe ever since he was throwing down the nasty in 8 with the fro. A true unique NBA legend. The cat has gone full speed for 17 years and counting.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Cousins and Vince Carter just threw the 2 worst back to back passes of the season. That was

Pizza Guy is putting on a clinic

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I won't. I hate that he broke our hearts in 2000, but I've been a fan of Kobe ever since he was throwing down the nasty in 8 with the fro. A true unique NBA legend. The cat has gone full speed for 17 years and counting.
    One of the all time greats. Great competitor, touh, gritty, and one of the few players ever to literally sap every ounce of talent out of his potential. You'll probably never see another wing have the longevity of greatness that Kobe has. Any coverage he receives from ESPN or the NBA has been well deserved.

Could he ever be kind of what Barbosa was for Indiana in 2012, or is that too unrealistic?

They are about the only franchise in professional sports that has never had a true downswing. Even my Yankees had a 12 season period from 1982-1993 in which they didn't make the postseason. The Celtics were obviously in rough shape for most of the years from 1992-2007. But the longest that the Lakers have ever gone in between NBA Finals appearances is 9 years. The roughest years for the Lakers were the 5 years in between Earv and Diesel. They are an unbelievably fortunate franchise.

They might suffer a couple of rough years without Kobe, but they will eventually figure out a way to clear cap space and lure another big name star there. It's inevitable. The Lakers will never stay irrelevant for too long. It's just way too appealing of a place to play.
    How much of that had to do with the times and Mr. Buss, though?

How much of that had to do with the times and Mr. Buss, though?

That's certainly a huge question. It reminds me a lot of the Yankees in that the nitwit inheritors will never be able to live up to the grandiose standards of the old man.

Sports Logo

Could he ever be kind of what Barbosa was for Indiana in 2012, or is that too unrealistic?
    Can he be a very poor man's JJ Redick?

Wasn't Bird in love with that guy coming out of college? I remember many posts in that year's draft where many of us wanted Jimmer.

Mood

I don't think so, Barbosa had a burst and gets separation. I don't see how he can be anything more than a spot shooter who can attack closeouts with terrible defense.

EDIT: Jimmer is in right now. I just heard there announcer interview the GM and he stated that McCallum would get burn at pg. It must be an open competition where both will play.

EDIT Monta scored on him 1st time down lol. 2nd time Jimmer forced Monta to take a bad shot. They are just ISOs Monta every time down on Jimmer. That is how he will get treated by every team just to poor IMO.

EDIT: Cable he is nothing like Redick IMO he doesn't move without the ball at all. He needs the ball to be effective.

Jimmer and the 2nd unit let the Mavs back in the game. Marcus Thortan and Jimmer in the back court makes for some ugly basketball. Everyone just stands around.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-09-2013 at 10:45 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

shocked me during a Bird and Simmons documentary... Simmons asked Bird who he would want to play w the most.

he said Kobe hands down. Simmons obviously hated the answer as well. Bird said Lebron would have been fun or something like that ... but he stated Kobe was just a cold blooded assassian who will do anything to win.

Kobe killed us game 4 in OT. why the hell did Reggie wanna guard him... REG you cant play defense,,, Bird fkd that up.

I hated Jordan for years but in the end you had to respect the Jordan the player. not sure I can say the same about kobe yet ... he had Shaq for several of his rings and does he tend to cry but the dude is tough as nails and wants to win. other than he plays for the lakers you gotta give him props.

doesn't seem like the best teammate but then again many said same of MJ. Birds answer was a bit of surprise.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Kobe has really grown on me over the years. He used to come off as such an arrogant a-hole, but now he's kind of like that weird uncle that blurts **** out and generally just doesn't give a ****. He works his *** off, he's competitive as hell, and plays through pain. If nothing else, I have a lot of respect for his game.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post

I hated Jordan for years but in the end you had to respect the Jordan the player. not sure I can say the same about kobe yet ... he had Shaq for several of his rings and does he tend to cry but the dude is tough as nails and wants to win. other than he plays for the lakers you gotta give him props.
    Yeah, but he's won 2 without Diesel. And he was a super important piece on the 3 that they did win together. Diesel won the one championship on the backs of D Wade, but let's not forget that Shaq burned bridges with about 12 NBA franchises in his career. Regardless, Kobe 5 - Shaq 4.

Kobe and 45 are cut from the same cloth. They might be a-holes to play with, but they demand perfection because they want to win. And let's not forget the fact that Gasol has played with Kobe for 5 years and seems to love the guy. He understands that Kobe made him far more relevant than he ever was before.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Right now it depends on how Jim Buss runs things. Even the Lakers fans that I have talked to just isn't as optimistic as before because they don't really have faith in Jim Buss controlling the Lakers.

If they can land a next-in-line franchise guy ala Shaq the transition will be much smoother. The problem with the Celtics before was they just had bad luck landing franchise-type guys after the Bird years. If they had landed a Tim Duncan they would have been much more relevant in the early 2000s.

Mood

WOW OMFG I SEE YOU BOOGIE!!!

Cousins just Posterized Dirk damn. Dirk was bailed out by a bad call IMO that was just filthy.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Kobe has really grown on me over the years. He used to come off as such an arrogant a-hole, but now he's kind of like that weird uncle that blurts **** out and generally just doesn't give a ****. He works his *** off, he's competitive as hell, and plays through pain. If nothing else, I have a lot of respect for his game.
    Kobe's interviews are the best. Funny how much more likable he became once he stopped trying to be likable and just acted like the *** he actually is.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Derrick Williams with a career high 31

Are the Kings now a playoff team? Who wants to put their reputation on the line and say "yes"?