Page 78 of 248 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Wes Matthews has been unconscious so far this season. Portland raining 3s, 15/19 from deep at the end of the 3rd

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

No. 4: Blazers turn to iPads for in-game video
    http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index....l#incart_river

Wonder if Pacers have one of these iPad App.
    No. 4: Blazers turn to iPads for in-game video — Across the NBA, teams have perhaps the deepest amount of video analysis of games, players and teams than ever before (heck, even fans can get nitty gritty with video on NBA.com/stats). The addition of SportVU cameras to every NBA arena before the season to track player movement along with the video research every team does on its own has made scouting deeper than ever. But the Portland Trail Blazers are taking that video-based scouting to a new level with their use of iPads during games to provide their players with assessments of what’s happening and what they can improve. Joe Freeman of The Oregonian has more on this new scouting format that Portland is using:
    Projectors are long gone, replaced with sophisticated computer software and tablet apps that have transformed scouting, game preparation and in-game management. Look closely at a Blazers game on television and you might spot LaMarcus Aldridge or Wesley Matthews sitting on the bench staring at an iPad. They’re watching video clips of themselves from earlier in the game, hoping to find tendencies or tips that might give them an edge.
    But the Blazers’ use of iPads extends well beyond a couple of players scrutinizing video a couple of times during games. This season, the Blazers have started using iPads extensively as a tool, handing out the easy-to-use Apple devices to every player on the roster and loading them with scouting reports, defensive assignments, game clips and more. Before practices, before games — even after games on planes — the Blazers have access to hours of video at their fingertips.
    “I think the league is kind of on the cutting edge, on the forefront, of video technology,” Stotts said. “With the sports in-house cameras and all the statistical data that they provide, the use of video replay and the continued use and expansion of video replay; it’s well thought out, it’s trying to make the game better, improve players, coaches, management. I think the NBA has always been on the cutting edge of digital video and this is the next step.”

Each of the Blazers has a personalized iPad, complete with a sticker on the back featuring his uniform number. When players walk into the locker room at the practice facility for a workout — or into any locker room in any NBA city before a game — the iPads are usually waiting on their chairs.
    They feature a full scouting report of that night’s opponent and a variety of video clips tailored to each player, featuring clips of themselves and their opponents. Before that game against the Suns, Freeland had access to his offensive possessions not only from recent Blazers games, but also from the first meeting versus the Suns, which provided insight into how the Suns might defend him later that night. He also had access to the offensive clips of every player he might guard that night — including Plumlee, Channing Frye and Alex Len — which allowed him to look for tendencies and go-to moves just before tipoff.

Every team in the NBA uses video for scouting in one way or another. For years, organizations have housed video departments and employed video coordinators — Jonathan Yim fills the role for the Blazers — who have been instrumental in helping coaches make in-game adjustments. That used to be relegated to halftime meetings, when coaches would show clips on screens in locker rooms and tweak defensive coverages or offensive sets.
    But the NBA altered its rules prior to the 2012-13 season. Now, teams are allowed to review video from any game — including the one they are playing — on the bench as long as it does not feature a live video feed. Aldridge and Matthews are the Blazers players who most often take advantage of the rule change, and they regularly peruse clips in-game on iPads.
    During the first half of Wednesday night’s victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder, Aldridge was pulled from the game and, about two minutes later, an intern from the video department left the video room with an iPad and delivered it to the bench. Aldridge went on to have a monster game, recording a career-high 38 points, 13 rebounds and five assists, perhaps aided by a tip he picked up from the iPad.

Not only do players have access to the iPads for pregame scouting and in-game adjusting, they also have the ability to watch them when they travel. After every game, Yim instantly loads each player’s iPad with clips from the just-completed game in case they want to watch them as they head to the next city. It’s not mandatory that players watch video during a flight, and some purposely avoid doing so to clear their heads. But others say it helps to watch as soon as they can.
    “That’s part of the reason why I don’t sleep,” Matthews said. “I’m playing the game over and over in my head. It’s easier for me to look at it right away. It’s better for me because I can look at it and I can see everything right away, rather than make it more dramatic in my mind.”

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherlock For This Useful Post:

Valanciunas vs. Plumlee
    Extremely lucky he missed.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Valanciunas vs. Plumlee

the **** is that garbage? suspension for sure.

Idk if I've seen a more malicious swing wow glad he didn't connect and he didn't get a technical or anything
    Last edited by ThA HoyA; 12-07-2013 at 12:36 PM.

Valanciunas vs. Plumlee

What a douche. Glad he missed, but what the hell is that?

*edit* After watching the video, I see now he was just being reckless in celebration. At first I thought he was actually trying to punch Miles.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He wasn't trying to hit him, but it was still reckless.
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...-is-a-headcase

seems like the raptor fans think it was intentional

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It looked like a swing meant to connect with Plumlee to me. If you watch the video, he delivers a shot to Morris, too, right at the end.

Lillard just hit a 3 to send game into overtime vs Mavs. Blazers are good.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Then Monta sinks one to take it away
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Lillard just hit a 3 to send game into overtime vs Mavs. Blazers are good.
    Spoke too soon, Monta with the game winner

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good night, Indy wins, Portland and SA lose.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Monta dagger!

MONTA HAVE IT ALLLLLLL
    @qandrews9428

18. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Dagger for the Blazers.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That elbow looks prettay intentional to me

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

He wasnt celebrating anything, that was very intentional. What a dick, that should be a 3 game suspension at least. Plumlee didnt even do anything in the video, not even a hard foul or anything

Vznla is going to give the board hell for Monta's play this season lol
    On the Lance bandwagon

Sports Logo

Valanciunas vs. Plumlee

Not happy to see one of my favorite young Centers in the NBA attempting to hit another of my favorite young Centers in the NBA.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post

Idk if I've seen a more malicious swing wow glad he didn't connect and he didn't get a technical or anything
    Ah, seeing the video makes me a lot happier. It's evident that he was overtly celebrating and wasn't trying to hit Miles. Good to know. Still he was a bit reckless.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    Vznla is going to give the board hell for Monta's play this season lol
    It would be deserved, though. Monta is certainly proving me wrong with his play so far.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Damian Lilliard is straight lethal from three point range in the 4th quarter.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lillard reminds me a lot of a young DWade.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm sort of a St. Louis Cardinals fans, a lot of the previous generation of my family is so I grew up in it, but I'm not really all that invested. So I don't really pay a ton of attention to baseball.

But someone has to explain to me how there's so much money in it. Kobe's gonna make ~25 mil the next 2 years. Melo'll get a new max deal that starts around 23 mil. People think THAT is nuts. Freakin Robbie Cano just got 10/$250 mil, Pujols got the same, ARod's gotten TWO QUARTER BILLION DOLLAR CONTRACTS. Then you've got random bullpen arms like Edward Mujica getting NBA MLE money, guys like friggin Jacoby Ellsbury, who's good but c'mon, getting 20+ a year. Seriously, where does this money come from? Baseball contracts are freaking insane.
    I have always told young athletes, especially those too short or bulky enough to take it to the next level in basketball or football to learn how to play baseball. Unfortunately some of our best athletes do not have the chance to play in good developmental programs.