Page 73 of 248 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pistons are so lucky to have Drummond.

I knew this guy was going to be a stud, was drawing Dwight Howard comparisons out of highschool.

9th pick? He shouldve been a top 5 pick in that draft.

Drummond is a monster
    The question is, can Joe Dumars capitalize on his find by developing a complete team, or will Drummond be a gem stuck in a cesspool (meaning the Pistons organization, not the city of Detroit, although both apply) before finally forcing his way out? The early signs with the Jennings and Smith acquisitions don't look promising.
    Last edited by Lance George; 12-05-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    The question is, can Joe Dumars capitalize on his find by developing a complete team, or will Drummond being a gem stuck in a cesspool before finally forcing his way out? The early signs with the Jennings and Smith acquisitions don't look promising.
    I'm not so sure about Jennings....but Smith is a proven talent. With a new Coach and essentially a whole new Starting Lineup....I will give the Pistons a pass for another month. Players just need to get used to playing together and building chemistry especially when a New Coach is running a totally different system.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Acting like Toronto is a huge difference from American I just don't understand same with Mexico. Hell back in the day the Spurs would be a Mexican league team. It really idnt that big of deal imo. Im sure the Pacers hated flying to the Phillipines but the fans gained is probably worth it to the league.
    You missed the point. The point was about taking away home games from fans. Whether it's 2000 miles away, or 300, it really doesn't matter. A home game for the TWolves, wasn't actually a home game.

EDIT: Or wouldn't have been at least.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

The question is, can Joe Dumars capitalize on his find by developing a complete team, or will Drummond be a gem stuck in a cesspool (meaning the Pistons organization, not the city of Detroit, although both apply) before finally forcing his way out? The early signs with the Jennings and Smith acquisitions don't look promising.
    has there been another gm that ****ed up using salary cap worse than dumars? first charli v-gordon. now smith-jennings. and yes people think smith is legit but come on.
    Last edited by xtacy; 12-05-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Mexico isn't over seas same with TOR. Basketball is a global game smart way to grow the brand.

Okay taking it international. Better?

Still a bad idea besides having it Mexico makes it more of a Spurs home game than one for the Timberwolves all the way in Minnesota. They would've avoided all this had they just left the game in Minnesota to begin with.

I don't mind international games during preseason. But a regular season game? I don't think so that game actually matters even in the NBA. I'd be upset if they took away a Pacers home game during the regular season to play it in Mexico.

At least with the Raptors they have a team in the NBA Mexico and other countries don't.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    has there been another gm that ****ed up using salary cap worse than dumars? first charli v-gordon. now smith-jennings. and yes people think smith is legit but come on.
    Billy King. James Dolan (we all know who calls the shots there in NY). Dumars could trade either of Jennings or Smith no problem today if he wanted.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    I couldn't be happier with Jennings. He's still finding his offense within the system, but he's running the team and making the bigs better. He's 5th in the league in assists and he's been the reliable ballhandler we've lacked.

Same with Smith. Offense hasn't been there adjusting to SF, but he's also doing things on the defensive end we could never duplicate without him.

I also think both guys bring a bit of a competitive edge that we've lacked.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-05-2013 at 02:48 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

The team had an eventful trip from Utah to San Antonio. Flights grounded, broken down buses, closed What-A-Burgers, getting trapped in bus bathrooms.

http://www.indycornrows.com/2013/12/...to-san-antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    The team had an eventful trip from Utah to San Antonio. Flights grounded, broken down buses, closed What-A-Burgers, getting trapped in bus bathrooms.

http://www.indycornrows.com/2013/12/...to-san-antonio
    That is too funny

Problem with Mexico City is that its a dangerous and corrupt city. You couldn't pay me enough money to go there
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I couldn't be happier with Jennings. He's still finding his offense within the system, but he's running the team and making the bigs better. He's 5th in the league in assists and he's been the reliable ballhandler we've lacked.

Same with Smith. Offense hasn't been there adjusting to SF, but he's also doing things on the defensive end we could never duplicate without him.
    I also think both guys bring a bit of a competitive edge that we've lacked.
    Detroit will be the #3 seed in the east, and I hope we don't have to play those guys. Jennings, Monroe, Drummond, and Smith are 4 all-starish players. Team has talent
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Last night against the Pelicans, Rick drew up 10 "dead ball" plays out of timeouts or the start of a quarter.... Mavs were 9-10 for 20 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Detroit will be the #3 seed in the east, and I hope we don't have to play those guys. Jennings, Monroe, Drummond, and Smith are 4 all-starish players. Team has talent
    I would relish the chance to knock the Pistons out of the playoffs. They do not scare me in the least. Really the only team that gives me any concern in the East are the Heat.

"If I'm healthy and the situation is right, I'm going to be back playing," Rose said Thursday during a news conference in his first public comments since tearing the meniscus in his right knee Nov. 22
    What does the bolded even mean?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I would relish the chance to knock the Pistons out of the playoffs. They do not scare me in the least. Really the only team that gives me any concern in the East are the Heat.
    Nor should they. They're a very young team still learning how to play together. I'm not sure what that's even supposed to mean, though.

The pistons are a 9-10 team. They are not even a good team until they start playing like one. A few wins against Philly, Milwaukee and lebron James featuring the rec league all-stars is not compelling evidence.

I'd relish the chance for this group to simply get some playoff experience.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-05-2013 at 03:55 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Banned
    Mood

Fun Fact: Stephon Marbury finished in the top-five in assists five different seasons, and in the top-10 in nine seasons. That tends to happen when you're a ball hog.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Fun Fact: Stephon Marbury finished in the top-five in assists five different seasons, and in the top-10 in nine seasons. That tends to happen when you're a ball hog.
    That has to be the first time anyone used "being a ball hog" as a reason for high assist totals.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    What does the bolded even mean?
    Doesn't he just crack you up? D.Rose and his quotes to the media: the gift that keeps on giving.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    That has to be the first time anyone used "being a ball hog" as a reason for high assist totals.
    Your definition of ball hogging is someone who shoots a lot, whereas, my definition is someone who is heavily ball dominant. That's the disconnect.

Some people, the LeBron James, Kevin Durants, and Paul Georges of the world, are good enough to justify being ball hogs. Others, like Brandon Jennings and Nick Young, are not. This is why the latter group of players are generally considered negatives; they're average-to-bad players who horde offensive possessions like they're stars.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I know some Celtics fans claim thats how Rondo gets his. He looks to shoot cant get a shot so passes and the person has no choice but to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    I know some Celtics fans claim thats how Rondo gets his. He looks to shoot cant get a shot so passes and the person has no choice but to shoot
    Brandon Jennings is 25th in the nba in USG%, which is stunningly low considering he's the only good ball handler on the team...

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Your definition of ball hogging is someone who shoots a lot, whereas, my definition is someone who is heavily ball dominant. That's the disconnect.

Some people, the LeBron James, Kevin Durants, and Paul Georges of the world, are good enough to justify being ball hogs. Others, like Brandon Jennings and Nick Young, are not. This is why the latter group of players are generally considered negatives; they're average-to-bad players who horde offensive possessions like they're stars.
    I guess I'd only call it a ball hog if it is at the expense of other players. If it is within the flow of the offense, then "ball dominant" should be sufficient. I see the term "hog" as extremely negative, and just having the ball on lots of possessions isn't sufficient to be a negative thing - especially if the offense isn't designed to get the ball out of that player's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Isn't that just a "shoot first" point guard? Not my cup of tea, but far from "ball hog".
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

So the some of the most hyped up games before season Nets/Knicks and Bulls/Heat are going to one of the least entertaining games.

Eh, I could see Bulls/Heat still being a pretty solid game