Page 56 of 248 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Can we talk about how awesome Roy's gotten at blocking/altering shots w/o fouling? Remember when that was a HUGE issue? Sure, the league's started to rule on "verticality" differently than before, but that's pretty much specifically because of Roy.

His rookie year he had .35 blocks for every foul. Then .46, then .55, .65, last year .74. This year the dude's at 1.8 blocks for every foul he commits. I know that's an unsustainable rate, but that's insane.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Gerald Green has 20 points at the half against the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Low-expectation environment. Happy for him.

Dirk just passed Reggie Miller on the all-time scoring list.

And ESPN's broadcast crews are much better this season. I'm glad they signed Doug Collins.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    And ESPN's broadcast crews are much better this season. I'm glad they signed Doug Collins.
    Sadly Doug Collins is not a regular broadcaster. He's usually on their studio show.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    You don't know what you have until it's gone.....
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Can we talk about how awesome Roy's gotten at blocking/altering shots w/o fouling? Remember when that was a HUGE issue? Sure, the league's started to rule on "verticality" differently than before, but that's pretty much specifically because of Roy.

His rookie year he had .35 blocks for every foul. Then .46, then .55, .65, last year .74. This year the dude's at 1.8 blocks for every foul he commits. I know that's an unsustainable rate, but that's insane.
    He's also found a way to stand up on the basketball court. His rookie year he fell down atleast 20 times a game.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    You don't know what you have until it's gone.....
    No I think we knew what we had--a guy who can put up points in an unstructured environment where winning is optional. I doubt a single person is surprised he is putting up numbers in Phoenix.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Bargnani's whole defensive awareness is laughable. Laughable, man. Somehow Harden is even worse than that.

What's weird about it is he's actually a pretty good post defender. He helped keep Dwight in check a few nights ago with mostly single coverage.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    He's also found a way to stand up on the basketball court. His rookie year he fell down atleast 20 times a game.
    I'm not sure if you're watching the same games as me, but Hibbert still falls down constantly lol
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So the East is 76-95 overall as of 11/20.

Indiana, Miami, and Chicago have 25 of the wins, and 7 of the losses (and 3 of the losses are matches against the 3 teams, Chicago 1-2, Miami 1-0, Indy 1-1). So after that, its 51-88....that is just awful, a .367 win percentage.

Going to be a 3 horse race in the East it looks like.

17-36 vs the West (Again, 5-0 from Indiana (2-0), Miami (2-0), and Chicago (1-0))
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    What's weird about it is he's actually a pretty good post defender. He helped keep Dwight in check a few nights ago with mostly single coverage.
    He must be considering he kept Roy from getting the ball and taking let him take only one or two shots in the 4th last night.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Yeah I was having the same conversation with a guy on twitter about that. It doesn't make sense at all.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    I'm not sure if you're watching the same games as me, but Hibbert still falls down constantly lol
    Compared to his rookie year? The guy could barely stand.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Another old odd thought. Was there any indication at the time that had we not traded our pick for George Hill, we would have selected Leonard with that pick?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Another old odd thought. Was there any indication at the time that had we not traded our pick for George Hill, we would have selected Leonard with that pick?
    Yes.

The Pacers swallowed hard and agreed. There was still one problem left: Indiana loved Kawhi Leonard. The Pacers had him about no. 5 or no. 6 on their draft board, and they thought very hard about scrapping the Hill deal and just taking a guy they never expected to be alive at no. 15. "When Kawhi ended up being there, we had to think about taking him," Morway says. "But we already had Danny Granger and Paul George. That's what made it a little easier for us."

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:

This "Parker is better than Wiggins" bandwagon is ridiculous. Parker is definitely much more ready for the NBA right now, but Wiggins is simplly an insane athlete.

Dude is blazing fast, has all the natural instincts to be an incredible defender. He can't shoot yet, but when you're as quick as he is, and as tall he is. You're going to be good. Really good. Dude is going to absolutely blow past defenders in the NBA.

Jabari Parker could end up being a slightly better version of Rudy Gay. That's not bad. He's obviously got a lot of talent, but Wiggins has superstar written all over him. Wiggins first step reminds me of Russell Westbrook's first step. Only he's a lot taller. That's a scary thought.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Both of them have to beat out Julius Randle at this point.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Both of them have to beat out Julius Randle at this point.
    I'd take both Wiggins and Parker over Randle.

I'll take the potential of an explosive wing over a big man any day. Not saying it's an obvious choice, but those guys that can throw in 30 are rare, and so hard to get. Of course this is all on potential, you never know, but I love long wing players.

It's why I thought it was stupid when people said Oden over Durant. (of course we'll never know which would have been the correct decision as Oden ending up being injured, but my reasoning is the same)
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

I'll make the bold prediction that Wiggins will never reach his hype/potential. We'll see.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Has anyone from Cleveland been fired yet? Anthony Bennett is worse than a disaster. 5-37 FG's......
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    So if we were to get a young point guard realistically I would love to get Isaiah Thomas. He is averaging 18/5apg. 45/43/87 shooting. I think I heard that he leads the NBA in 4th quarter scoring. Can't find the data to back that up. Not bad for a 60th pick in 2011.
    Wish we could have traded Hill for Bledsoe. Would love to have Bledsoe. He's gonna be expensive now.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

jeez let the college season play out before we start crowning the draft picks. It is still November lol come back to me in February. I want to see how much these guys improve in that time period.

and Why would the Clippers have traded us Bledsoe for Hill. Redick is much better fit next to Paul then Hill add in Dudley that makes a Hill Bledsoe trade an easy no for them. I think Hill has much more value to us than he could to any other NBA team.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-21-2013 at 02:32 PM.