Page 55 of 248 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is the first coach to get fired? I'll go with Larry Drew. Casey could as well.
    I don't think Larry Drew is in that much trouble since he's in his first year with Milwaukee. I think he has two years left on his contract after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Which one should be the 1st ??

Jason Kidd. Doing so little with so much.

While I'll agree that the Nets have been supremely disappointing so far, you can't really fault a rookie coach for not totally maximizing the regular-season production of a bunch of geezers. I don't think he's a very good fit for that roster but he is likely safe for at least this year.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

So if we were to get a young point guard realistically I would love to get Isaiah Thomas. He is averaging 18/5apg. 45/43/87 shooting. I think I heard that he leads the NBA in 4th quarter scoring. Can't find the data to back that up. Not bad for a 60th pick in 2011.

So if we were to get a young point guard realistically I would love to get Isaiah Thomas. He is averaging 18/5apg. 45/43/87 shooting. I think I heard that he leads the NBA in 4th quarter scoring. Can't find the data to back that up. Not bad for a 60th pick in 2011.
    He's certainly up there. These are the leaders as of yesterday (prior to last night's games):

4th Quarter Scoring
    Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City) 8.8
    Jamal Crawford (L.A. Clippers) 8.3
    Brandon Jennings (Detroit) 8.3
    Isaiah Thomas (Sacramento) 8.1
    Eric Bledsoe (Suns) 7.2
    Kyrie Irving (Cleveland) 7.2

He's not a bad player, and definitely a steal at his draft position, but I question his decision-making at the point. Admittedly, I haven't seen too many Kings games, but in the ones I've watched he has missed a couple open guys in search of his own shot. Could just be the Sacramento in him, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Yeah, when I saw that existed I had to add it. I wish I'd discovered it years ago.
    Just noticed if you highlight a portion of someone's post, it gives you a quote option that quotes just the highlighted section. Nice!
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Unless there's a franchise wide policy in place Ty Corbin should be out the door yesterday in Utah. Remember his name being rumored here pre-Vogel? Dodged that bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    the gif of Amare's D. Hilarious. Defenseless player of the year?

nice little cover by JR Smith. Forced the travel. Didn't think he had it in him.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

So if we were to get a young point guard realistically I would love to get Isaiah Thomas.
    I don't think you would be happy with him once he made it onto the court. The guy is about a foot and a half tall and cannot defend anyone. Pacers went thru that with Collison and DJ.

I don't really know where to put this, so I'll toss it in this pool: Anyone listen to the BS Report Simmons did with Steve Kerr? Kerr mentioned that he thought in about 5 years Anthony Davis will be "in the conversation" for the best player in the NBA assuming LeBron has faded a little with age by then. They then discussed other people they thought were in the mix and Simmons tossed out two names: Durant (obviously) and...Paul George. Kerr didn't seem to argue with him and they both agreed that the Pacers have that championship ability to string together big stops defensively when needed. Very complimentary of our boys.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

That's probably 3 or so years late on Davis. But hey, I'm cool with the rest.

I look forward to Lebron's transformation to PF though, as a sheer basketball fan anyway. Lebron's demise with age is vastly overestimated. Dude's busted out the Dirk goofy footed turnaround, the sky hook ever so briefly, he's working on the moves for it, and has em, just doesn't need em all that often yet. I know I've kinda slobbered on Lebron a lot and it probably gets annoying, but that dude is just incredible. That's what'll make us potentially ending his run all the sweeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Unless there's a franchise wide policy in place Ty Corbin should be out the door yesterday in Utah. Remember his name being rumored here pre-Vogel? Dodged that bullet.

Utah is doing exactly what they want this year: Be in prime position for a Top 3 pick. They've picked the right year to do it. If Corbin keeps them on track for that, they'll finish the year with him, rest assured.

Sports Logo

It's not only Amar'e. Bargnani is hilarious as well.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    nice little cover by JR Smith. Forced the travel. Didn't think he had it in him.
    He is the only one involved in this defensive possession that played good D.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    It's not only Amar'e. Bargnani is hilarious as well.

The whole gif is a lesson on what not to do on defense.

- Amare turns his back on the ball before the shot is even taken.
    - I think that Bargs does prevent the Players behind him from getting to the ball, but just doens't react to the driving Player
    - Prigioni just watches the ball handler and doesn't put his hands in the Players face or even raise his arms to defend or deflect the shot.

Felton and JR appear to be he only one that does something on defense.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-20-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    The whole gif is a lesson on what not to do on defense.

- Amare turns his back on the ball before the shot is even taken.
    - I think that Bargs does prevent the Players behind him from getting to the ball, but just doens't react to the driving Player
    - Prigioni just watches the ball handler and doesn't put his hands in the Players face or even raise his arms to defend or deflect the shot.

Felton and JR appear to be he only one that does something on defense.
    Bargs prevents Drummond from getting to the ball but he doesn't react to the driving player (as you said) and he also doesn't cover for JR's man. Prigioni could put his hands up but it wasn't going to make much of a difference due to the height difference.

That's not Felton, by the way. He didn't play last night due to injury. That was Tim Hardaway Jr., their rookie. He tried to swipe at the ball which was more likely to lead to a foul than a deflection but at least he tried to do something. He was marking Stuckey so he had the option to play off of him.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

It's pretty funny watching JR go around Bargs to get into the middle, because Bargs lazy *** refuses to move. He had two feet already in the lane, all he needed to do was take two steps.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    It's pretty funny watching JR go around Bargs to get into the middle, because Bargs lazy *** refuses to move. He had two feet already in the lane, all he needed to do was take two steps.
    Yeah but Bargs does point at Amare as if to say "Come on man only I'm allowed to not try down here!"

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

stolen from the Houston board, but enjoy...

Bargs again- watch him jump!

James Harden

the mystifying gyrations of Pau Gasol

Gortat with some footwork issues

New Orleans defending the wrong basket on an inbounds play (old)

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

People are calling it out now that he's been the man in Houston, but Harden's defense is just atrocious man. He's the laziest defender ever, the dude's never in any kind of stance.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

That video of Kobe flying down the floor just makes me sad, I know it's sped up, but man what an athlete.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

So it turns out U-verse automatically signs you up for NBA League Pass if you ordered it the prior year. Good to know. Would have been better to know before I assumed the free trial had ended and stopped watching games two weeks ago.

Sports Logo

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    That video of Kobe flying down the floor just makes me sad, I know it's sped up, but man what an athlete.
    Same thought. I feel terrible he's injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

Definitely. Up until that injury last year, he was still throwing down the same sort of nasty that he did when he was rockin' 8 with the fro.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bargnani's whole defensive awareness is laughable. Laughable, man. Somehow Harden is even worse than that.

It's like a dog falling for the fake tennis ball trick in the backyard.

If Amare's career is in dog years, then it's at the stage where it's the 16 year old with cataracts who starts going to the bathroom in the house.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: