Page 37 of 248 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

I think you have to sell a fringe playoff team on the idea that Melo makes them better and he'll end up liking it there and staying. So basically the Knicks need to find a bigger sucker than themselves.

And I hear the idiots who came up with this monstrosity

May just have a big contract they'd like to unload

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Melo could sign with Dallas to team up with Dirk and Monta or go to Houston in a trade. Asik and Lin for Melo.
    Dallas I could see. Cuban just going for a last ditch effort to get someone big since he's missed out on everyone. Doubt Houston makes a move for Melo. Don't think they will want him

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Dallas I could see. Cuban just going for a last ditch effort to get someone big since he's missed out on everyone. Doubt Houston makes a move for Melo. Don't think they will want him
    why do you hate Dirk so much?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Asik and Lin and a first for Melo almost makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    why do you hate Dirk so much?
    You know as soon as I posted this, I realized I should have clarified. One, I love Dirk. Two, I meant to pair with Dirk. Dallas has been trying to get another big name to go with him for how many years now? They are always close to getting someone, but then everyone went to Miami, New York and Houston...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Asik and Lin and a first for Melo almost makes too much sense.
    Howard needs the ball, Melo needs the ball and Harden needs the ball, nah I don't see that working out that well.

I want more of this.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    You know as soon as I posted this, I realized I should have clarified. One, I love Dirk. Two, I meant to pair with Dirk. Dallas has been trying to get another big name to go with him for how many years now? They are always close to getting someone, but then everyone went to Miami, New York and Houston...
    no, I know what you were saying. but man, something like Calderon/Ellis/Melo/Dirk/Dalembert? I mean, I know Cuban's a delusional dude but that's dreadful, Carlisle'd quit immediately. regardless, Dallas's contracts would make it hard. maybe something like Marion + Carter +Ellis/Calderon works financially, but that's a crap platter. but that's probably the kinda offers you'd get for Melo

that's what I'm saying about the Knicks being stuck, the dude's not about to get shipped to like Philly for an MCW + money, or NO or Orlando for any of those young studs they have and whatever bad deals, or Cleveland, or wherever else. Melo's not a "put a team over the top guy," he's a guy that makes you have to change your entire roster.

really, the way the NBA works, Melo to the Lakers for Pau + whatever filler sounds realistic. and then we can all enjoy watching the world burn.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Howard needs the ball, Melo needs the ball and Harden needs the ball, nah I don't see that working out that well.
    Not to mention a Harden and Melo duo would be a sieve defensively. Houston needs a Kawhi Leonard type of player next to Harden, someone with shooting range who doesn't command the ball on offense and who will guard the opposing team's best player.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Never said anything about working, but it's the kind of whacky superstar wet dream the NBA is currently running off of.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    Not to mention a Harden and Melo duo would be a sieve defensively. Houston needs a Kawhi Leonard type of player next to Harden, someone with shooting range who doesn't command the ball on offense and who will guard the opposing team's best player.
    Oh you mean Chandler Parsons I think he is a great fit with Harden. That Rockets team is nice. Soo many solid role players to compliment Howard and Harden.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Oh you mean Chandler Parsons I think he is a great fit with Harden. That Rockets team is nice. Soo many solid role players to compliment Howard and Harden.
    Chandler's nice, but he's not about to shut down the opponents best wing. That's a legit concern with them moving forward. Beverly definitely helps with that as far as points, but he doesn't have a prayer against non-points.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

Never said anything about working, but it's the kind of whacky superstar wet dream the NBA is currently running off of.
    I like my Blake for Melo idea better it helps both teams, Blake is a young star to build around in NY and Melo is the kind of player the Clippers need to make it to the finals.

Remember that whatever team trades for Melo that team needs to be in a big city(Chicago, LA, etc) because he is not staying in New Orleans or Minny.

Houston is a huge city.

I know Morey has this rep as a big stats guy, but I htink he's really just a name chaser.

I think he would make a move for Melo in a heart beat even if it wouldn't work with Harden and Howard.

Sports Logo

Houston is a huge city.

I know Morey has this rep as a big stats guy, but I htink he's really just a name chaser.

I think he would make a move for Melo in a heart beat even if it wouldn't work with Harden and Howard.
    to each their own, but I don't think Morey'd touch Melo with a 10 foot pole, absolutely no interest. and neither should any other GM unless he's just trying to save his job by selling tickets and making headlines or whatever.

I really don't understand why the Rockets and Pelicans don't just get an Asik for Anderson deal done and over with. Each player is exactly what the other team needs.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know how many Kia commercials the LA area would lose and the NY area would gain? /green

It could work if the Clips had a PF somewhat in the wings, can't be playing Melo at the 4. I do think it would make the Clips real title contenders though, just Knicks don't have any sweeteners to make a deal like that work besides adding Shumpert or something.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really don't understand why the Rockets and Pelicans don't just get an Asik for Anderson deal done and over with. Each player is exactly what the other team needs.
    Well Anderson is out for a couple more weeks, but yeah it makes a ton of sense.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Banned

Because the Rockets are trying to make the stupid idea of Howard/Asik playing together work, if it didn't work with one of the most versatile players in the NBA with Gasol what make this guys think that that s*** can work? it looks to me like they are using stats to put that s*** together.

Sports Logo

I think as far as Houston's concerned Asik is more valuable as an asset than Anderson is as a Rocket. People like that deal because it really does make a lot of sense, but Anderson doesn't really solve any weaknesses for Houston, he just bolsters strengths when you think about it, in my opinion anyway. They've got plenty of shooting and rebounding. They do need to trade Asik, but for a defensive 3/4 type. Don't ask me who, a guy like Kawhi ideally but obviously that's not happening, but a guy with that sort of game. I think Amir Johnson could be a good fit, but there's no reason for Toronto to want Asik with Valanciunas in the fold, 3 teamer maybe.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

What makes you think the Pelis want to give up Anderson for Asik? Davis is doing a pretty good job protecting the rim and playing in and out of the post.

Sports Logo

What makes you think the Pelis want to give up Anderson for Asik? Davis is doing a pretty good job protecting the rim and playing in and out of the post.
    You're right, they're probably more than fine with Unibrow manning the 5, especially the way the league's going. But I just love that kid, I'd selfishly love watching him man the 4 with a defensive beast like Asik behind him. That trade improves the Pelicans so much more than it does the Rockets man.

You pretty much just stated the reason. Davis is their only defensive big man, so having a guy like Asik to body up legit centers would give Davis the freedom to roam and do what he does best, block shots. Not to mention, it'd give him more energy to be a presence on the offensive end.

Although now that I think about it, it does sort of make sense that the Rockets wouldn't want to give Asik to the Pelicans. That would make them a force in the West, and Houston doesn't want that.

I dunno if you watched us against Pelis but Davis did a really good job all night on whoever he was asked to guard. Plus I think Jason Smith is getting a bit under sold here, the guy is a pretty decent big. Asik is alright, but I'm not wild about him. Davis really needs a jump shooter next to him on offense, it makes him very effective because he can play high or low and the jump shooter gives him the option of a release valve. Pelis really struggled against us when Smith had to go to the bench and Stiemsma replaced him.

Sports Logo

I dunno if you watched us against Pelis but Davis did a really good job all night on whoever he was asked to guard. Plus I think Jason Smith is getting a bit under sold here, the guy is a pretty decent big. Asik is alright, but I'm not wild about him. Davis really needs a jump shooter next to him on offense, it makes him very effective because he can play high or low and the jump shooter gives him the option of a release valve. Pelis really struggled against us when Smith had to go to the bench and Stiemsma replaced him.
    They did, but I think that has more to do with Stiemsma being ****ing awful than anything else. I'm biased and want to see teams start being built like the Pacers, but I think Asik can be every bit the DPOY type player Roy is and Davis can do whatever the hell you ask of him (Hakeem lite! I'm tellin you!). Holiday, Aminu, Davis, Asik, and EJ's nothing to laugh at defensively when he feels like it, that's a stellar defensive squad with a lot of versatility.