Page 36 of 248 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

don't quit your day job Solo

http://instagram.com/p/gXDIDIHMjQ/#

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Brandon Rush is playing tonight after a year of absence.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

^^

Bargnani at the 5!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Bargnani at the 5!

Their already unimpressive season just got a lot worse.

It looks like the Knicks had a one year window to do something last year, but the Pacers completely squashed that. That team is looking poised to take a big step backward this season. Teams like Detroit and perhaps even Philly might pass them this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Their already unimpressive season just got a lot worse.
    and I think their 1st rounder this year goes to Denver for the Melo deal

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    and I think their 1st rounder this year goes to Denver for the Melo deal
    They also sent a 2016 first rounder for Bargnani.

It's amazing how little that organization values draft picks. Trading a first round pick for Bargnani will look absolutely idiotic when that 2016 draft rolls around.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    It looks like the Knicks had a one year window to do something last year, but the Pacers completely squashed that. That team is looking poised to take a big step backward this season. Teams like Detroit and perhaps even Philly might pass them this year.
    They are better off if they start rebuilding this year, they need to trade Melo before they get nothing when he sees the writing on the wall.

Where can Melo go and fit right in anyways? finding a good fit for him is hard.

So if New York tanks the season Denver could be set for the future if they get absurdly lucky in the lottery.

4-0 is the best start a team could have after four games, but it's not terribly impressive in the grand scheme of things. It looks better this year because every other team has lost at least once, but it's been done before - at least sixty times, I'd guess. I'll be happy if they can make it to 8-0 before their first loss.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    They are better off if they start rebuilding this year, they need to trade Melo before they get nothing when he sees the writing on the wall.

Where can Melo go and fit right in anyways? finding a good fit for him is hard.
    I would be absolutely shocked if the Knicks traded Melo. I know they aren't winning with him, but I just don't see it happening.

Just when you think the Knicks may have finally turned a corner they do something like trading a first round pick for Bargnani and TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES!

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I would be absolutely shocked if the Knicks traded Melo. I know they aren't winning with him, but I just don't see it happening.
    Really? I wouldn't the guy barely was able to stand the NYC pressure when the Knicks were .500 his first year there. They are going to be just terrible without Chandler. Melo is a FA at the end of this year and who knows, lower body fractures in big men are tricky, I think best case for Tyson is 6 weeks, if he rushes back it will be a mistake.

I don't know where Melo goes, but I don't think he stays in NYC after this year so the Knicks need to consider that.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Really? I wouldn't the guy barely was able to stand the NYC pressure when the Knicks were .500 his first year there. They are going to be just terrible without Chandler. Melo is a FA at the end of this year and who knows, lower body fractures in big men are tricky, I think best case for Tyson is 6 weeks, if he rushes back it will be a mistake.

I don't know where Melo goes, but I don't think he stays in NYC after this year so the Knicks need to consider that.
    I agree, I was looking for trade partners and the only one I could come up with that is a good fit is the Clippers, Blake straight up for Melo works.

I agree, I was looking for trade partners and the only one I could come up with that is a good fit is the Clippers, Blake straight up for Melo works.
    There's no way the Clips consider that. And I think Blake is overrated.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

I think the Knicks believe they can re-sign him easy, and honestly they probably will. $$$$ talks. He's a superstar (even if he doesn't play like one). Plus its the Knicks.

Who is going to trade for Melo?

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Yeah, I can't see them doing it. Besides, who would want Melo when he's about to hit free agency? What kind of package could you really expect to get for him without assurances he will resign? Like you, I'd be absolutely shocked if they moved him.

I would have drafted Noel if I was Cleveland I don't care if I have to wait a year.

New Orleans did just that. I'm sure they see Noel as the 5 for the future playing with Davis. They are building for the future. Noel and a lottery pick next draft to go forward with next season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    New Orleans did just that. I'm sure they see Noel as the 5 for the future playing with Davis. They are building for the future. Noel and a lottery pick next draft to go forward with next season.
    Noel was traded to Philly

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Knicks are in an impossible situation based off their own dumb moves. At best they are a 1st-2nd round playoff team w/ Melo w/ no cap flexibility; if Melo leaves at the end of the season they're totally effed w/ no real cap space still.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    The Knicks are in an impossible situation based off their own dumb moves. At best they are a 1st-2nd round playoff team w/ Melo w/ no cap flexibility; if Melo leaves at the end of the season they're totally effed w/ no real cap space still.
    Would be an awesome kicker to a Pacers championship

Melo could sign with Dallas to team up with Dirk and Monta or go to Houston in a trade. Asik and Lin for Melo.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Noel was traded to Philly

DUH, on my part!! Thanx for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    pretty much. there's no rebuild on the fly available. they're the Lakers East but way worse. they've got Amare for a 23 mil player optoin next year he's obviously picking up, Melo's going to opt out and they're going to re-sign him for the max. those two alone'll put em at like 45 mil. then Chandler at 15 mil next year, Bargnani (sweet trade!) at 11.5, Shumpert's going to need extended. they have no moves that can make them a legit contender.

so the smart thing would be move Melo right now to wherever, anywhere, but there's nowhere that would want him. Chicago maybe? Deng and his expiring deal plus whatever filler? I don't see either side doing that. the Knicks are stuck, I don't see a way out other than moving Melo or just letting him walk and doing a ground up rebuild, because that roster isn't winning anything.