Page 29 of 248 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

MCW is making his doubters look silly right now.

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

This NBATV announcer is just short of "Do you believe in miracles!?!" level excitement.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

What's going on in Philly is incredible lol. It's impossible to root against these guys right now
    On the Lance bandwagon

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MCW is making his doubters look silly right now.
    He doesn't look like a rookie out there. He is playing like a vet.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

And Sixers win! Great for us that Heat and Bulls have started off very bad.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Barring D Rose's rainbow shot against the Knicks, the Bulls could easily have started 0-3.
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh what a shame. The preseason champions fell to another defeat.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Oh what a shame. The preseason champions fell to another defeat.
    Yeah...that's for all those annoying people who think preseason records are a tool to measure how good a team will start the season .

EAT THIS CHICAGO!!!!!!!!! I f****** hate their announcers, to actually hear them when the Bulls lose makes them a lot more enjoyable!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to InYaFace For This Useful Post:

No need to gloat, gents. Don't kick 'em while they're down.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I dont kick em, it's just that I don't like their announcers. The Bulls as a team are a big questionmark for me. I know it's still early, and they will sort out some misstakes, especially Rose, who hasn't played for a long long time, but I doubt they gonna win it all. I really like Taj Gibson, always been a really great backup, who could start on other teams. Dunleavy hasn't done anything for them until now...he was ok on our team and on the Bucks...good play on a bad team, you know . But I think he will find his role when time goes on. I am just glad that we are ahead of them right now .

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's not gloating. It's just they bust our balls with the preseason results and how they were undefeated etc.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Gordon Hayward just made James Harden his ***** on an end of quarter play. Harden's lucky didn't get called for an offensive foul as well.

With most teams, I would agree.

But seeing as its the Preseason Champion Chicago Bulls......

KICK EM HARDER!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

I don't put any stock in preseason records, but I just believe you can mine SOME information from the games, but you have to temper it with the context, too.

I can't believe the Sixers are 3-0 I don't think it will last though

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I don't put any stock in preseason records, but I just believe you can mine SOME information from the games, but you have to temper it with the context, too.
    Yeah, that's what is preseason about. U can definitley see how certain players work together or how they might play individually, but only looking at the record might guide u in the wrong direction.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All hail the 3-0 sixers

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I can't believe the Sixers are 3-0 I don't think it will last though
    you couldn't be more right.... In fact I'd wager that after their next game they'll either be 4-0 or 3-1...

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CoolHand For This Useful Post:

I don't know where all this talk came from about the 76ers having the potential to have the worst record ever. They're not even the 2nd worst team in the Eastern Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I don't know where all this talk came from about the 76ers having the potential to have the worst record ever. They're not even the 2nd worst team in the Eastern Conference.
    When the coach said they have only 6 NBA players.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

The Hang Up and Listen podcast had Kirk Goldsberry from Grantland on to talk about NBA analytics this week and he singles out the Pacers as the best team in the league at developing players. "Player development is the secret sauce of the NBA and it's really what separates good teams form bad teams. And there's no better of example of that, in a league with OKC and San Antonio, than Indiana right now." (although he does make a tiny error in saying we have no lottery picks on the team)

The Pacers talk starts around 46:30 but his whole segment is great and starts at 30:30.

https://soundcloud.com/slateradio/ha...isten-the-huge
    Last edited by King Tuts Tomb; 11-03-2013 at 03:31 AM.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    The Hang Up and Listen podcast had Kirk Goldsberry from Grantland on to talk about NBA analytics this week and he singles out the Pacers as the best team in the league at developing players. "Player development is the secret sauce of the NBA and it's really what separates good teams form bad teams. And there's no better of example of that, in a league with OKC and San Antonio, than Indiana right now." (although he does make a tiny error in saying we have no lottery picks on the team)

The Pacers talk starts around 46:30 but his whole segment is great and starts at 30:30.

https://soundcloud.com/slateradio/ha...isten-the-huge
    I don't have time to listen to this now.....but can you help elaborate why they think this?

Prior to Bird leaving to take a break...none of the Players that we had were sent down to the D-League. It was only that 1 year when KP/Walsh took over that Miles and OJ were sent down to the D-League.

I really wonder whether Lance could have developed quicker and be further along in his game if he was sent down to the D-League earlier in his career. I am guessing that there is some benefit to Players staying with the Team and learning from the bench, like Bird and the Coaching Staff being able to keep close tabs on his personal as well as Player development just to keep him on the "straight and narrow".
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Eh, it's early yet. The Bobcats started 7-5 last year, including a win over our very own Pacers. They finished with a 21-61 record. Weird things can happen in the early season.

Maybe Sixers aren't the absolute worst, but I still expect them to end up with a bottom 3 record this season.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I don't have time to listen to this now.....but can you help elaborate why they think this?

Prior to Bird leaving to take a break...none of the Players that we had were sent down to the D-League. It was only that 1 year when KP/Walsh took over that Miles and OJ were sent down to the D-League.

I really wonder whether Lance could have developed quicker and be further along in his game if he was sent down to the D-League earlier in his career. I am guessing that there is some benefit to Players staying with the Team and learning from the bench, like Bird and the Coaching Staff being able to keep close tabs on his personal as well as Player development just to keep him on the "straight and narrow".
    He doesn't go into really deep detail but he says the Pacers drafted well by taking guys who would buy into the system, then in his words "ushering them through checkboxes and milestones" so they gradually expand their effectiveness from different spots on the floor. It makes sense if you think about how Roy, George and Lance have made significant gains steadily through their career and seem to keep getting better without hitting a developmental wall.

At the end of the show he says he has an article coming this week on Grantland about Serge Ibaka where he talks about this topic at length. I haven't seen it yet so when I do I'll post it here.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post: