Page 23 of 236 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

This Pistons/Griz game is good down the stretch

Banned

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got ripped for this question a week ago, but I'll ask again...Did Cleveland screw up the draft by going with Bennett? I know its only been 2 games, but he has scored a total of 2 points, and has yet to make a FG. If you are picked 1 overall, you have to contribute from day one
    I agree with you I'm not sure what they saw on that guy.

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

It's amazing the percentage of NBA teams that have tall white guys with beards at the end of their bench.

Banned

Livinstong looks really good I'm glad he was able to come back, he even looks confident, that happens to me and I don't take it to the hoop ever again.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Livinstong looks really good I'm glad he was able to come back, he even looks confident, that happens to me and I don't take it to the hoop ever again.
    that happens to me I never even try to stand up again. that was horrific.

Nate Wolters with 14 and 6 for the Bucks off the bench. Very nice.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

I didn't expect us to come within 20 points of memphis will will bynum starting at PG, so this was a wash.

Bynum is so amazingly awful when he's not shooting in the paint. If we cut him tomorrow I'd buy drinks the the entire city.

5'11" and he kicks the ball off his foot 7 times a game. Can't throw a pass that isn't a lob if you offered him double salary. Worst defender on the team by an insane margin.

We outplayed Memphis in their own building for 47 minutes, which counts for.....jack ****.

Jennings can't come back fast enough. Bynum can't be banished to the end of the bench fast enough.

Bynum made me appreciate Rodney Stuckey tonight. Let that sink in.
    Last edited by Kstat; 11-01-2013 at 09:54 PM.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    that happens to me I never even try to stand up again. that was horrific.
    Yeah that was horrible, I was expecting his leg to break in half when he took it to the rack against Bosh, I'm glad he is good.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I didn't expect us to come within 20 points of memphis will will bynum starting at PG, so this was a wash.

Bynum is so amazingly awful when he's not shooting in the paint. If we cut him tomorrow I'd buy drinks the the entire city.

5'11" and he kicks the ball off his foot 7 times a game. Can't throw a pass that isn't a lob if you offered him double salary. Worst defender on the team by an insane margin.

We outplayed Memphis in their own building for 47 minutes, which counts for.....jack ****.

Jennings can't come back fast enough. Bynum can't be banished to the end of the bench fast enough.

And the irrational, over the top hatred of Wil Bynum begins.
    David Aldridge:

"Oh, and conspiracy theorists? The NBA's Final Four are Miami (#16 TV market), Indiana (#26), San Antonio (#36), Memphis (#49). #tinfoil"

UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Sports Logo

c'mon Brooklyn, put em away

go Nets!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

It's cool to see Pierce and Garnett's personalities rub off on that entire Nets team. The Nets roster is filled with a bunch of Sophomores, and Pierce and Garnett are the Seniors who can hook everyone up with beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post

I know, right? 6-22 from the field, 3-11 from three point range...oh, wait. That was Josh Smith's line. My bad.

Sports Logo

didn't expect to see Alan Anderson getting clutch minutes for the Nets this year

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I know, right? 6-22 from the field, 3-11 from three point range...oh, wait. That was Josh Smith's line. My bad.
    David Aldridge:

"Oh, and conspiracy theorists? The NBA's Final Four are Miami (#16 TV market), Indiana (#26), San Antonio (#36), Memphis (#49). #tinfoil"

UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

funny when Paul Pierce makes 2 after Ray Allen doesn't
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    It's cool to see Pierce and Garnett's personalities rub off on that entire Nets team. The Nets roster is filled with a bunch of Sophomores, and Pierce and Garnett are the Seniors who can hook everyone up with beer.
    Their offense is so much better this year, they had two coaches last year and their offense was horrible, now the ball moves from side to side and whoever is open takes the shot, I'm liking their offense.

If I had to guess the record of any team when they have Josh Smith and he is attempting 11 threes, I would pick a very low number.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    If I had to guess the record of any team when they have Josh Smith and he is attempting 11 threes, I would pick a very low number.
    I can live with it if he shoots %30. And his defense is so phenomenal I really don't care, so long as he stays away from the mid range shots.

We lose by 20 without the havoc Smith caused defensively.

Pierce in a Brooklyn jersey just looks......weird. Patrick Ewing on the Orlando Magic thinks that's messed up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heat are done. 2 losses in a row.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    To reiterate....we're never in position to win the game without him. I could have done without a few of those shots, but you take what you get with him.

Smith couldn't get anything to go inside either, of course Bynum can't feed the post for **** so every time he caught the ball on the block it was a horrible angle.

I am biased, I guess, by watching Josh Smith having no real clue how to guard David West. I have a hard time calling him some kind of defensive savant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    I am biased, I guess, by watching Josh Smith having no real clue how to guard David West. I have a hard time calling him some kind of defensive savant.
    ....apparently it doesnt take a genius to guard paul george then? Because he defended him pretty easily once they switched him to SF...

You can call him whatever you want, but he was phenomenal on defense tonight. Not thrilled about the 7-23, but he was missing close in shots as well. Just wasn't his night.

Of course, if we don't get snakebit in the last 30 seconds, Smith's 3 to put us up 6 late is the shot of the game. Again, good with the bad.

And Nate Robinson is trying to bail out Brian Shaw's ill-fated strategy of playing smashmouth basketball featuring JaVale McGee, J.J. Hickson, Kenneth Faried, Timofey Mozgov, and Darrell Arthur.
    David Aldridge:

UncleBuck: