Page 211 of 248 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Soda would do the same...sometimes, you just can't win.
    Caffine/sugar isn't good for you eithe but have you ever gotten a hangover from drinking pop?

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I always hate making assumptions about what guys do or don't do on their nights off. I would very much imagine that this was an activity sanctioned by the team (otherwise they would not have let them use the "and the Indiana Pacers" part of it), so I suspect they are OK with Lance (and whoever else showed up) acting like responsible adults and not like college kids let loose on the town.
    Eh, that's true. I figured it was just saying other Pacers would be there.
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Phil's never coaching again. His body can't handle it. Another thing that somewhat makes him there like Bird here.
    The cat was itching to coach the lakers last year. Philip will be back if there's a chance at jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The cat was itching to coach the lakers last year. Philip will be back if there's a chance at jewelry.
    On the condition that he wouldn't have to coach during road games.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Of course there is a chance for Jackson to Coach the Knicks next season.....he's the guy that can force a Coaching change ( which IMHO will happen ).

But I don't see it happening....completely rebuilding the entire culture and roster of the Knicks Organization isn't going to be easy...much less go through another year of mediocre Basketball.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

I'm not sure how accurate this is....but it seems somewhat interesting:

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

^^If that is accurate, then it looking at Lance, I cant say as I am excited for how small all of his bands are... When Lance gets it, Lance shoots it most of the time... Just my observation...

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Didn't feel like this was it's worthy of it's own thread, maybe it is, but I guess this happened last night.

http://www.livehotspotnyc.com/update...nhouse-tuesday

Not real thrilled. Save your club promos for the offseason.
    I will say, if Lance continues to shoot like that after going out the night before, then they need to make him go out every night before a game. Still didn't like his overall game, but at least you could tell it didn't phsyically wear him out.
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I will say, if Lance continues to shoot like that after going out the night before, then they need to make him go out every night before a game. Still didn't like his overall game, but at least you could tell it didn't phsyically wear him out.
    Just speculation on my part....but every time we play the Knicks, Lance seems to really step it up. U have to wonder if the whole "playing against his Hometown" factors into whatever effort and production he puts in against the Knicks. But that's one of the rubs I have with Lance.....it's his consistency. It's not "night in and night out", he plays like this.....sometimes, there are games where u see him just go off and take over a game.....then there are games where I barely notice he's even in the floor. I guess, for me.....the level of impact that he has on the offensive end seems to range from "Wow" to "Did Lance even play?".

I thought he was going to miss the rest of this season

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ay-vs-wizards/

Report: Steve Nash to return to Lakers lineup Friday vs. Wizards

Steve Nash has played just 10 games for the Lakers this season as the nerve root issue that bothered him last season has limited him A couple weeks ago Mike DíAntoni said he didnít expect Nash to be back this season.

He was wrong. At least according to a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.

After five weeks on the sidelines, Los Angeles Lakers guard Steve Nash is planning a return to the lineup on Friday night, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Lakers, left with only one healthy point guard, are planning to use Nash as a backup to Kendall Marshall against the Washington Wizards at Staples Center.

The Lakers also will get Nick Young and Jordan Hill back from injuries Friday.

If you have watched the Grantland series following Nash through his final seasons it is clear that he loves the game and wants to leave on his own terms. He is honest and admits he never was going to walk away from the $9.7 million he is owed next season ó neither would you ó but this is a two-time MVP who was counted out by people at every stage of his career. He has a real passion for the game and a real desire to be on the court. Heís a competitor. He just chooses not to wear it on his sleeve as others do.

While there has been some talk of the Lakers using the stretch provision on Nash (letting him go and stretching his salary cap hit out over three years). Donít bet on it. This is not a great free agent summer (unless Miamiís big three bolt, and thatís highly unlikely to put it mildly). The Lakers really are targeting 2015 (Kevin Love) and beyond for their rebuilding efforts. Why spread out Nashís contract hit into those years, better to take one big hit and keep him around as large salary to move if Minnesota or another team decides they want to talk trade.

Iím not sure that Nash can provide much on the court but the Lakers are hurting as much as he can so it wonít hurt.

Russell Westbrook helped off court with knee injury against Toronto. Looked pretty vicious in slow mo. Kyle Lowry smacked his right knee and it buckled pretty badly. Hopefully he's okay.

Memphis is taking to Miami.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let's go Grind City.
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LeBron not playing his best lately...
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Mood

Comeon Memphis, do us a favor and win tonight and drop tomorrow's game.

Bahahaha!!!!

In an 8 second span, Zach Randolph blatantly gets hit hard in the head, no call. LeBron appears to travel bringing the ball up the court as he gets caught in between a dribble and a pass. No call. Wade misses a layup. Phantom foul. HCA at it's finest.

And Randolph appears to get fouled again after getting an impressive offensive rebound, no call.... Game over.

Sports Logo

Miami has fouled Randolph twice and no call.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Are we surprised? pacers win so Miami can't lose ground.

Double OT for Raps and Thunder

Raptors down three in OT with 10 seconds left, need a three pointer, Derek Fisher goes five feet under the screen and Lowry hits a three. How does Fisher stay on the floor? He constantly makes bonehead plays and gets lost on defense.

Sports Logo

Go RAPTORS!

Marc Gasol sprained his ankle against the Heat. Maybe he won't be available tomorrow against us. I didn't get to see the injury because the game is blacked out here.

Grizzlies with ball up 7 with just under 4 minutes to play, they don't score and then give up a wide open three to Ray Allen. Knew miami would win after that sequence

Well, that's a bummer. Saw that Durant three coming a mile away.

I don't see how KD isn't the MVP this year. Every time Westbrook goes down (thrice now!), Durant steps up.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post: