Page 197 of 248 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,925 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Explain please
    Pretty sure if he doesn't make any All NBA team we owe him substantially less money. If he makes any All NBA team this year he qualifies for the Rose rule. And gets an increase in salary. I'm not sure of the specifics.

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Pretty sure if he doesn't make any All NBA team we owe him substantially less money. If he makes any All NBA team this year he qualifies for the Rose rule. And gets an increase in salary. I'm not sure of the specifics.
    I thought he had qualified already due to being voted into the all star game? Plus if he does qualify PG took 27% instead of 30% on his deal

Named to the All-NBA First, Second or Third team at least twice
    Voted as a starter in the All-Star Game at least twice
    Named the NBA Most Valuable Player at least once

Looks like he hasn't qualified yet
    Last edited by ThA HoyA; 03-11-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    I thought he had qualified already due to being voted into the all star game? Plus if he does qualify PG took 27% instead of 30% on his deal

Named to the All-NBA First, Second or Third team at least twice
    Voted as a starter in the All-Star Game at least twice
    Named the NBA Most Valuable Player at least once

Looks like he hasn't qualified yet
    Yup, all he has to do is make an All-NBA team this year. I'd say that is a pretty safe bet.

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

Anybody else play that game where they count how many times in a night David West reacts to a call in a way that would have Demarcus Cousins ejected? The power of reputation.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratking For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Westbrook's explosiveness is downright scary.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    Anybody else play that game where they count how many times in a night David West reacts to a call in a way that would have Demarcus Cousins ejected? The power of reputation.
    Noah got some of that leeway tonight as they were getting stomped by the Spurs.

For what it's worth, if anything.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

NY Post says Phil Jackson said yes and they've got a deal in place. Also, the NY Post said it, so y'know.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/11/phil-ja...-in-principle/

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

If the Rockets and the Thunder play in the playoffs, Russell's going to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    NY Post says Phil Jackson said yes and they've got a deal in place. Also, the NY Post said it, so y'know.

Random thought, how is this somewhat not a conflict of interest as his wife Jeanie Buss is part owner of the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    If the Rockets and the Thunder play in the playoffs, Russell's going to jail.
    The Spurs would gain greatly to stay in first and keep OKC and Houston in the 2-3 slot. Who wouldn't want to play the winner of that slug fest?

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Random thought, how is this somewhat not a conflict of interest as his wife Jeanie Buss is part owner of the Lakers.
    Did they actually get married? I guess it would only come into question if they traded each other's garbage between them. I'm sure Small-market Silver will keep them in check.

Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant will miss the remainder of the season, a league source confirmed to ESPN The Magazine.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...rs-rest-season

http://clnsradio.com/boston-celtics-...of-rajon-rondo

“Yeah, I appreciate the hell out of him,” Bird told Bulpett. “I don’t know him at all, but in the playoffs he’s showed that he’s one of the better players in our league. It’s unfortunate he got hurt (Rondo returned in January from a torn ACL), but he’s amazing to watch. “To be able to defend and make plays for other guys, that’s big. He makes a lot of players that are not really good look pretty damn good. And that’s a key. “If you can make people around you better, it makes you one of the top players in our league.”

Will be interesting this off-season to see if Larry makes another player for RR.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I wonder if this will convince Melo to stick it out for 1 more season to see how it goes.

Stay with the Zen Master in the biggest Market out there or take a huge burden off your shoulders to being "The Man" and join some combination of LeDecision, Wade or TagAlong on some other Team like the Bulls?

I'd admit.....if Melo has the stomach or willpower to bypass joining some future Super Team or DRose in ChiTown and be stuck in mediocrity for another season....I'd be fascinated in what Phil can do in NY with a completely blank slate in KnickTown in the 2015-2016 season.

I can see Jackson kicking Mr. Potato head to the curb, getting a new Coach, then start to put the entire Knicks Team ( minus Melo ) on sale for "Pennies on the Dollar" just to completely rebuild on the fly starting in 2015-2016. The only Player that I can see the Knicks keeping ( outside of Melo ) is Chandler just for his defensive presense and re-signing rights ( Bird rights? )....but he's probably gone as well.

I'd be fascinated to see what type of Coach that Jackson pursues.

Whose on the Market that would fit the Zen Master's Coaching philosophy?
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-12-2014 at 03:06 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    http://clnsradio.com/boston-celtics-...of-rajon-rondo

“Yeah, I appreciate the hell out of him,” Bird told Bulpett. “I don’t know him at all, but in the playoffs he’s showed that he’s one of the better players in our league. It’s unfortunate he got hurt (Rondo returned in January from a torn ACL), but he’s amazing to watch. “To be able to defend and make plays for other guys, that’s big. He makes a lot of players that are not really good look pretty damn good. And that’s a key. “If you can make people around you better, it makes you one of the top players in our league.”

Will be interesting this off-season to see if Larry makes another player for RR.
    This is where Bird will be looking if we fail to make the finals. Don't be surprised if we give up some major talent to get him.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This is where Bird will be looking if we fail to make the finals. Don't be surprised if we give up some major talent to get him.
    What would you consider major talent?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    What would you consider major talent?
    Lance in a S&T. The problem is that I don't think that Lance is someone that Brad Stevens would want on their Team to build around and think that the Celtics could get better assets in return for Rondo ( while likely jettisoning Gerald Wallace in any such deal....which IMHO would be a deal breaker ).
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-12-2014 at 03:36 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

If Philip could actually build the Knicks into a legit contender anytime soon, then it's almost a given that he will try to coach them, right? That's what Pat Riley did with that 06 Heat team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    If Philip could actually build the Knicks into a legit contender anytime soon, then it's almost a given that he will try to coach them, right? That's what Pat Riley did with that 06 Heat team.
    That's a huge if.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I was listening to one of the radio Sports guys talking about Phil and the Knicks. Running an entire Organization the way that I suspect that Phil wants to run it is a FULL TIME job....this isn't like Coaching where you have someone above you working on all the "background" decisions that happen on a 24x7 basis.

Given Jackson's health and the sheer amount of time that it takes to simply execute his vision from the top of the Organization to the bottom....I don't see it happening. I'm not suggesting that Jackson's health is on "death's door" or anything, I'm saying that running the FO isn't easy....much less going through the daunting task of Coaching a Team from day to day and Game to Game.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I was listening to one of the radio Sports guys talking about Phil and the Knicks. Running an entire Organization the way that I suspect that Phil wants to run it is a FULL TIME job....this isn't like Coaching where you have someone above you working on all the "background" decisions that happen on a 24x7 basis.

Given Jackson's health and the sheer amount of time that it takes to simply execute his vision from the top of the Organization to the bottom....I don't see it happening. I'm not suggesting that Jackson's health is on "death's door" or anything, I'm saying that running the FO isn't easy....much less going through the daunting task of Coaching a Team from day to day and Game to Game.

No ones gonna care if Melo leaves though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    No ones gonna care if Melo leaves though.
    Yeah, there isn't an ounce of truth in this statement.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

The nickname jerseys are stupid.

Also **** the heat and all their dbag players.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

ESPN showed the Nets leading the Heat 44-40.

I checked back a minute later and it said 42-42.