Page 175 of 248 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 6200

Thread: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

F'ing Chicago

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The 10th NBA Random Thoughts thread 2013-2014: Coveting Miami's Crown

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron is soft. I broke my nose last week and it isn't as painful as you'd think. (after the impact obviously)
    Not sure if serious...

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Lou Gehrig was soft. I got Lou Gehrig's disease last week and it wasn't as bad as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Lou Gehrig was soft. I got Lou Gehrig's disease last week and it wasn't as bad as you think.
    Just wait on that one, champ.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I was looking through the Thunder's schedule earlier and saw that out of their 14 losses, six have came against teams that have beaten the Pacers:

TWolves
    Raptors
    Blazers
    Wizards
    Magic
    Heat

Wizards are also the only team to have beaten Indiana, OKC and Miami this season. (Edit: stupid and wrong)
    Last edited by King Tuts Tomb; 02-24-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Wizards are also the only team to have beaten Indiana, OKC and Miami this season.
    Better check on that one again......

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Kobe, Nash, Fisher, Ray Allen and Jermaine O'Neal are the only players left in the league from the 1996 draft that's incredible.
    Considering that was 18 years ago, I'd say it's more incredible there are still that many left.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phree Refill View Post
    Better check on that one again......
    Ah that's true, I mixed Orlando and Washington. Nobody has beaten all three teams.

Thursday’s Heat/Thunder NBA regular season game drew 3.8 million viewers on TNT, up 57% from Heat/Bulls last year (2.4M), but down 25% from Knicks/Heat in 2012 (5.1M). The game earned the sixth-largest NBA audience of the season, with the teams’ first meeting in January ranking fifth (3.9M). Heat/Thunder easily topped the rescheduled Duke/North Carolina college basketball game on ESPN by 68% (3.8M to 2.3M),

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2014...x-sports-live/

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Considering that was 18 years ago, I'd say it's more incredible there are still that many left.
    At this point Kobe and Nash are barely still in the fold. Kobe is injured, and Nash hasn't been any good since the first half of his last season in PHX.

Peter Vecsey ✔ @PeterVecsey1
    Follow

Source reveals Cheeks was doomed when Josh went 2 Dumars & wanted Mo fired & Billups went w him. Denials f Love, Flip & Minny media at 11
    10:03 PM - 22 Feb 2014

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-cheeks-fired/
    by Dan Feldman

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

....except the owner fired Cheeks, not Dumars. That's the worst kept secret in town. Dumars is essentially gone as well. He doesn't really have the power to fire coaches anymore and a gag order has been placed on the entire organization about exactly who is (or isn't) still in charge now.

Now, I have no doubt this story is at least partially true, but as most Vescey tweets, not 100% true.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-24-2014 at 09:22 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I hate the Heat, but those black retros that they had on last night were pretty flame.

Wade has been looking a bit spry lately. The thing about Wade is that he has pretty much looked good whenever he has touched the court this season. The problem for him obviously is that he has missed a lot of games. Bosh has put up a very solid season this year. This Pacer team is as perfect as it could possibly be, but the Heat are going to be brutally difficult to eliminate. We gotta hold on to that number 1 seed if we want to take these clowns out.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I think the Pacers must have the number 1 seed in the east to beat the Heat. Unless there is a major injury

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I think the Pacers must have the number 1 seed in the east to beat the Heat. Unless there is a major injury

Agreed. You have to assume that Miami will be able to steal a game at Indy (would be nice to sweep at home, but it's doubtful), so without home court we are basically in a position where we have to win 2 out of 4 in Miami. That's pretty damn tough, as we saw last year. With the way the Pacers and Heat slug it out, it's likely that it will be a 2-2 series after 4 games. The last two years, the Heat have had the luxury of knowing that 2 of the final 3 games were in Miami. That's just an astronomical advantage. And then there is obviously the issue of a Game 7, which the stats say is obscenely difficult to win as a road team. Eliminating the Heat isn't impossible without home court advantage, but we would have to basically play perfect to accomplish it. Having home court would at least offer us a bit of a cushion.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I hate the Heat, but those black retros that they had on last night were pretty flame.
    You have the best slang sometimes. I don't know why it's so funny, but some of your stuff (like calling marijuana "lettuce") just makes me laugh.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Milwaukee and Philly play tonight. Hide the children.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Milwaukee and Philly play tonight. Hide the children.
    Milwaukee is a full 3.5 games up on Philly. This is a must lose for the Sixers.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Milwaukee is a full 3.5 games up on Philly. This is a must lose for the Sixers.
    I know and Hinkie might as well park a Panzer outside of the arena with as subtle as he's being. I will probably watch some of it just out of sheer morbid interest.

And it's actually 4.5 games. Man the Bucks are bad and to think they were actually trying to win this year.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post

Wade has been looking a bit spry lately. The thing about Wade is that he has pretty much looked good whenever he has touched the court this season. The problem for him obviously is that he has missed a lot of games. Bosh has put up a very solid season this year. This Pacer team is as perfect as it could possibly be, but the Heat are going to be brutally difficult to eliminate. We gotta hold on to that number 1 seed if we want to take these clowns out.
    Yeaa. He proved last year already that he will show up to play in the big games. But i still see us beating them this year.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I said this in last years Playoffs. For Elite Level Teams like the Spurs, Thunder and Heat.......Homecourt advantage doesn't mean much since they are more than capable of defending their homecourt and winning games on the road....even when it is against other Elite Level Teams.

Having HomeCourt advantage......couldn't hurt over the course of a 7 game series.....cuz, every little thing helps. It's more of symbollic for the Pacers IMHO, good for the fans and something for Bird/FO/Team can "hang their hats on".

But in the end.....it's not inconceivable for the Heat to take 1 Road Win against the Pacers in BLF ( they've won 1 game in BLF over the last 2 Playoff series against the Heat ).....thus nullifying HomeCourt Advantage for the Pacers.

Of course the same thing can be said about the Pacers being an Elite Level Team....but IMHO....the Pacers have to completely execute at 100% for an entire Playoff Series to win it in the end. Something that I ( at times ) don't think that they are capable of doing.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-24-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

The reason people want HC so bad is that on the surface we can't really rationalize another reason why this year against Miami would be different than the past two. Home court is a tangible change and something easy for most to hang their hats on.

Personally, I think the growth of our team should be enough, but I'm not going to say no to having a game 7 at BLF either.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

POST TRADE DEADLINE STUFF.......

Pistons made a MAJOR PUSH to trade Josh Smith apparently.
    OKC offered a 1st rounder for Iman Shumpert. Knicks turned it down.
    Nene will be out for 1 month with sprained MCL
    Drew Gooden will sign a 10-day with the Wizards

Dutch Pacers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I know and Hinkie might as well park a Panzer outside of the arena with as subtle as he's being. I will probably watch some of it just out of sheer morbid interest.
    Don't do it! You'll be blinded! The tank is on!!
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!